Destiny Raid

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
BasementShaxx

Destiny Raid

Post by BasementShaxx »

Any level 26+ guardians on PS4 who fancy having a pop at the raid this weekend?
mikeleddy83

Re: Destiny Raid

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Might be able to push up to 26 and give it a go but it'll be a huge push as I'm early 25 now.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

I'm well up for it mate, I'm off from wednesday to saturday this week if anyone else can make those days
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'm 22 but will do my best to get to 26 ASAP. I'm free Friday night. PSN is my name on here if you've not added me.
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

I can do Friday night if other people are free?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Yeah but tips to get me to 26 are appreciated :)
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Just keep grinding vanguard rep until you can buy some legendary gear, that's what I did
BasementShaxx

Post by BasementShaxx »

Also, buy an exotic armour piece from Xur at the weekend if you have enough strange coins
tat_sun

Post by tat_sun »

Not sure how everyone is getting on, but I'm level 28 and desperate to have a crack at the raid.
Testtube27

Post by Testtube27 »

are you playing on PS4 Tat_sun?

if so i'll add you, a few of us did the raid last week and i'd like to see if we can do it again sometime in the next couple of weeks and get the trophy for playing with all clan members
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Is Xur only there on Saturday? I've been both Sundays and he's never there
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

DomsBeard wrote:Is Xur only there on Saturday? I've been both Sundays and he's never there
Think he's there fri and sat
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

What a prick! ;)
tat_sun

Post by tat_sun »

Testtube27 wrote:are you playing on PS4 Tat_sun?

if so i'll add you, a few of us did the raid last week and i'd like to see if we can do it again sometime in the next couple of weeks and get the trophy for playing with all clan members
Yes, PS4. I'll look for the clan now and request an invite [emoji4]
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Right, I'm now nearly level 27 (PS4) so would like to attempt The Vault Of Glass. Is there five of you available next Thursday (15th) in the evening to take this on with me?. I had a go on my own and was taken out by a Praetorian pretty sharpish. I wonder why the Vex didn't make an army of those they would've won whatever war is supposed to be going on by now ;). So who is in?
RobC

Post by RobC »

I got to 27/28 (it's been a while) and essentially put Destiny to bed unless I was going to come back for the raid. I'll gladly join!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

So my first dip into raiding at the weekend.

I was a little reluctant to, because I wasn't a high enough level to play, but Jay twisted my arm and said that we could drop out if it wasn't fun.
It's probably the most fun I've had gaming online in ages. I can see that I've clearly been missing out by not doing any raids or strikes.
We made it past the first checkpoint on the vault of glass on saturday night, and it was getting late so we decided to pick it up on sunday, too bad my net connection pooped itself.

It's given me a bit of a kick to get back on destiny though!
time to pick up the daily and weekly stuff and into the strike playlists :)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:...time to pick up the daily and weekly stuff and into the strike playlists :)
There's another thing you can do to get those ascendant materials, the public events. You'll get material for the first one (assuming you get the gold completion) and randomly after that but by using destinypublicevents.com it means you can track when and where they're gonna happen so you don't have to waste any time milling about waiting.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

I know I need to get better armour, and so I've joined a faction and doing bounties is raising my level, so I'm chipping away at that.
When I was playing on Sunday afternoon, I randomly stumbled into about 3 public events, which were all good fun.

I didn't really think I'd be of any use in the raid, but I was suprised at how being sniper distraction and laying down some suppressing fire seemed to be helping out.

How far did you guys get on the vault of glass in the end?
(that dancing video was bloody good by the way!)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:I know I need to get better armour, and so I've joined a faction and doing bounties is raising my level, so I'm chipping away at that.
When I was playing on Sunday afternoon, I randomly stumbled into about 3 public events, which were all good fun.

I didn't really think I'd be of any use in the raid, but I was surprised at how being sniper distraction and laying down some suppressing fire seemed to be helping out.

How far did you guys get on the vault of glass in the end?
(that dancing video was bloody good by the way!)
Factions aren't the best way unless you play a lot of Crucible as you'll need Crucible marks to buy their gear.

As for the raid, we didn't complete it, we beat Templar and retrieved a couple of chests after that then quit out.