Blood Bowl 2

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Jinkkai

Blood Bowl 2

Post by Jinkkai »

Might be a bit of a longshot , but did anyone else pick this up? Would be fun to smash against a fellow C&rinser on the pitch. PS4 version here.
mikeleddy83

Re: Blood Bowl 2?

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm still satisfied enough for my centenary sports fix with the whole Mutant league thing of wayback but what's it like? I'm not even sure who develops it, is it the same guys as that similar and popular pc game (which I think had a sequel but can't remember the name of)?

Edit: No sequel but yep, was thinking of Chaos League
Jinkkai

Re: Blood Bowl 2

Post by Jinkkai »

It plays like a mix of Xcom and Mutant League football. You can play good ol strategic turn based football/rugby, or you can focus on injuring or even killing members of the opposing team to make things easier. If i remember correctly it's developed by Cyanide. Not too familiar with their other stuff thats not bowl related.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Played the tabletop game back in the day (think I may still have it at my perants!) I would love to try one the videogame, but with the release scegule this year its not likely.

I would love a videogame of Necromunda, I would be all over that!!!!
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

Oh hey, would love to play the tabletop game at some point. I hear its faithful to the tt game, but i personally can't speak to that. I feel ya, the rest of this year is going to be hell on my wallet.
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

I did but Xbox One! Typical
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Jinkkai wrote:Oh hey, would love to play the tabletop game at some point. I hear its faithful to the tt game, but i personally can't speak to that. I feel ya, the rest of this year is going to be hell on my wallet.
You prob can pick it up on Ebay at a resionable price
Jinkkai

Post by Jinkkai »

How's your game going Mason? Doing the campaign or jump into a league? Thats a great point Baker, i should check ebay, though most likely it would sit on a shelf, not that things on shelves are a bad thing!
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

Haven't managed to start it yet. Will probably get to it in the week.
wolfrider

Post by wolfrider »

Just finished the campaign, and I loved it. Deep tactical thought required throughout, including where you place knocked down enemies.I scuppered myself a couple of times placing bodies that blocked my route.
The A.I gets a bit slow as you proceed through the campaign, so you can wait a while, then a flurry of movements will happen. The timer adds further pressure, and along with failed dice rolls resulting in turnovers, it can be annoying. However when you pull off plays that require multiple dodges, going for it etc, then it's a great feeling.
I would recommend playing through the campaign first, since its a good tutorial into what is required. It also introduces all the different teams you will face, and the different tactics they will use. Elves were a particluar bane of mine with their dodge skill!
One time, just to beat dark Elves I surrounded my ball carrier with multiple men, and moved up the field one square at a time, taking up so much time that they couldn't get down field and equalise.

I'm up for playing/creating a league and playing online, on PS4.
Just message me if you want to. My PSN is andypid