GTA Online (PS4)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
JaySevenZero
Admin

GTA Online (PS4)

Post by JaySevenZero »

As we'll be covering Rockstars opus in a few weeks, I want to run through some of the online modes within GTAV, in particular, the heists. If you're up for this send me an FR on the PS4 (my tag is Krylon70), mentioning what it's for in the message so that I know you're from here.
Miner Willy

Re: GTA Online & Heists (PS4)

Post by Miner Willy »

Is this still a thing? The pod sold me on getting back into GTA Online
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: GTA Online & Heists (PS4)

Post by JaySevenZero »

There are several of us who are on this almost every evening, usually from 9-11pm. If you see us online feel free to just jump in, regardless of your level.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: GTA Online (PS4)

Post by JaySevenZero »

As we're fast approaching the launch of yet another expansion for GTA Online with the 'Biker' pack, I figured I'd put the call out for another 7 people who would be interested in being part of 'The Rinsers' (the name I've decided upon for the gang)?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Better arm ourselves with repeaters.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Most likely be up for this! I can't commit to every night, my job is often a hindrance to personal time and I have weeks when I'm on call, but would certainly play when I could. Absolutely loving the game.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

hazeredmist wrote:Most likely be up for this! I can't commit to every night, my job is often a hindrance to personal time and I have weeks when I'm on call, but would certainly play when I could. Absolutely loving the game.
No problem, I'm not expecting people to be on as often as I am anyway. It'll just be good to have a bunch of regular/semi-regular players about in order to get the most out of it. :)
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

Post-listening to podcast and dipping into the Online over the past few days, I'll definitely see you online at some point.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

The Sonic Mole wrote:Post-listening to podcast and dipping into the Online over the past few days, I'll definitely see you online at some point.
Cool! I'll hold you to this!

Just in case you're unaware, when we send game invites they appear through your in-game phone so when you hear the 'ding' best check it. That said, feel free to just join us via the options menu if you see us on anyway.
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

I love this game. Ridiculous fun and insanely varied, every single time we play!

I try to get on when I can, maybe there's some easy way of hooking up with new people via the C&R community on PSN? Not sure really probably needs someone who knows that to assist properly though. Once you're friends with people on PSN it's easy to just check who's online though.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Are you guys on the biker stuff, pretty sure I mentioned I'd love some bike based shenanigans before this release and if you're both on I might be tempted to come in for a while once more.

A bit tight on time and TV use at the second thanks to Eastenders and the bake-off but if I can sneak away I'll let you know ;)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

mikeleddy83 wrote:Are you guys on the biker stuff, pretty sure I mentioned I'd love some bike based shenanigans before this release and if you're both on I might be tempted to come in for a while once more.

A bit tight on time and TV use at the second thanks to Eastenders and the bake-off but if I can sneak away I'll let you know ;)
Do it! Needless to say we've been getting quite into the Biker stuff. If you're up for some of it, we are on this most evenings between 9-11pm. If you, or anyone else, fancies seeing what it's all about and join in some of the missions, just join the game (and the voice chat if we have a party going).
JimmyLipps

Post by JimmyLipps »

A buddy recently told me about you guys, and I love your analyses! I just got GTA5 to play with him and he said it's best to hang with you guys. How do I do that? (I'm a yankee so will that mess up connectivity?) Is there a way to join a crew or batch-add people as friends? I'm JimmyLipps online as well!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Would anyone be up for this FrI day evening? My sister has loaned me her copy of the game indefinitely, so I'm hoping to be able to get in to the online. I'll most likely be level 1, mind!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Alex79uk wrote:Would anyone be up for this FrI day evening? My sister has loaned me her copy of the game indefinitely, so I'm hoping to be able to get in to the online. I'll most likely be level 1, mind!
We're on this most evenings anyway, so I reckon there will definitely be some of us about. A word of advice though, if this is the first time you're playing Online, get the tutorial section done first though as the game won't let you play with others until you've done this (usually takes less than an hour).
Sam Worms

Post by Sam Worms »

JimmyLipps wrote:A buddy recently told me about you guys, and I love your analyses! I just got GTA5 to play with him and he said it's best to hang with you guys. How do I do that? (I'm a yankee so will that mess up connectivity?) Is there a way to join a crew or batch-add people as friends? I'm JimmyLipps online as well!
Jimmylipps! If any other people want to party up Stateside, shoot me a friend request on PSN "Sworms1989". Include that you're from here so I know it's not spam.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

JimmyLipps wrote:A buddy recently told me about you guys, and I love your analyses! I just got GTA5 to play with him and he said it's best to hang with you guys. How do I do that? (I'm a yankee so will that mess up connectivity?) Is there a way to join a crew or batch-add people as friends? I'm JimmyLipps online as well!
Thanks Jimmy! The only real problem you may have in playing with us is the time zone difference. As Sam can attest to, when he's coming on is unfortunately the time we're usually drawing to a close. That said, weekends are usually easier given that sometimes we might be playing during the day.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Dusting off my log in to poke my head around the door.

Listened to your Coversational about GTA and I need to get myself back on board.
I re-installed GTA last night and downloaded all the updates, I'm going to make an effort to jump back on, even if it's for a short while.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

OK so this is a really stupid question, but how do you actually get online in this game? I started the single player and finished the first mission where you deliver the cars back to the car showroom, but I can't seem to find any option to get in to online mode. I did play a little on the PS3 version but can't remember! Thinking you access into via the phone but there doesn't seem to be an option. Do you have to get to a certain point in the single player campaign first or something?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Alex79uk wrote:OK so this is a really stupid question, but how do you actually get online in this game? I started the single player and finished the first mission where you deliver the cars back to the car showroom, but I can't seem to find any option to get in to online mode. I did play a little on the PS3 version but can't remember! Thinking you access into via the phone but there doesn't seem to be an option. Do you have to get to a certain point in the single player campaign first or something?
Assuming you're on the PS4, so press the option button, go to the Online tab, then go to play GTA Online. This will give you the options to how you want to play, pick the one you want and away you go.