Sea of Thieves - Come sail away with me!

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
dezm0nd

Re: Sea of Thieves - Sing a shanty with the CaR crew

Post by dezm0nd »

Ever since reaching Pirate Legend, i fell off it but have considered jumping back in regularly.

However due to personal reasons i just can't do it. Maybe if i had a full crew i wouldnt ve dwelling on those reasons when playing but the game and my circumstances are too intertwined.

Making the most of the game? Just dont take it too seriously when it comes to losing the loot. Play to keep your loot for sure but if it goes, don't let it get to you.

Also, do the X marks the spot quests first. They're a good lead in
Suits

Post by Suits »

I think the only times I ever played this game was with you Dez and others from CandR, I enjoyed it in that capacity - it is a wonderful group game.

I’d find it hard by myself though I think.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Downloaded this via gamepass and do fancy a dabble at some point
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I might be tempted back on briefly to help people start their voyage(s)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

If anyones on and I'm online feel free to ask for help.

I'm back
Suits

Post by Suits »

Oooo, I could be tempted back in again mate if you’re thinking of putting a crew together.

The bell of concern, or whatever we called it, will be rung once again !!!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hah ah that was a larf!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Chris and myself are streaming a tiny bit of Sea of Thieves every thursday over at www.twitch.tv/caneandrinse

The archive footage will go up on our YouTube channel www.youtube.com/caneandrinse

The idea is to slowly get Chris into the game by teaching him the rules of the world without overwhelming him so if you've ever thought about getting into the game then the first two streams we've done might offer some advice on how to get started.
Suits

Post by Suits »

This game is great as a group 😎.

I ring a great bell if you ever need a deckhand 🤪🤪.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Cool, well when Chris is a bit more confident we can fire up the Brig ship (3 players) and have an hours worth of going loopy on the seas. I'll shout!
KassBot

Post by KassBot »

I got Sea of Thieves a few days ago. It was on sale on the microsoft store so me and some friends bought it and we've been having a ton of fun with it! Seems like a great time to get into it now when there's more content and even more coming in a few days!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It very much is a great playground/chat room! Glad you're enjoying it :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Not long until the super uber mega update is released. For free.

Fishing
PvP Arena
Story Mode

And presumably more minor bits and bobs we don't know about!
Suits

Post by Suits »

dezm0nd wrote: April 27th, 2019, 7:13 am Not long until the super uber mega update is released. For free.

Fishing
PvP Arena
Story Mode

And presumably more minor bits and bobs we don't know about!
Anything with fishing is instantly better.

Also, my very first thought, no matter what game it is alluded too, is the side on fishing game in Z:LA just up from your house.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hot take from the update. It's absolutely overwhelming me at the moment but overall, the level of polish and quality done into these new modes/features make the overall experience better, if still very much Sea of Thieves.

The Arena - A completely separate game mode which is a condensed SoT experience. 4 Galleons, each with 4 players have to dig up and fight over these new chest types. Everyones got the same map co-ordinates and the place(s) you sell them can be seen from anywhere. This absolutely nails down PvP to a laser focus and when you strip away the fear of losing loot you've spent an hour finding, you've got yourself an incredible 24 minutes of gameplay. Matchmaking into a random game really showed me just how good I am at SoT compared to others and it really does help. I wonder if this mode will help people learn to play better naturally or just leave a bunch of pirate legends battling it out.

Tall Tales - Very much a lengthy story mode with vague riddles and puzzles to be solved. I was hoping this would cater more for the solo player and whilst it probably can be done alone, the time spent in finding these answers takes a little long. Probably worth waiting until you have a friend to rely on.

Fishing/Hunting/Cooking - A new feature to enrich the main game. Spending time alone on this feels like a bit of a waste but doing it whilst on an existing voyage will help bolster your pirates health and/or wealth. Cooking whilst sailing seems a no brainer as it takes a good minute to fry up some fish and fishing when waiting for friends to do stuff will help alleviate the down time in the game.

Very smart additions to the game. All wildly varied but help the overall experience feel more rewarding. Good stuff. (and free)
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I'm tempted to give this a go, and as it's on Game Pass it won't cost me anything.

Is it accessible for a new player, or do I need to have played it since launch to be able to party up with people, etc?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Its probably more accessible for new solo players than ever before but it still is a multiplayer game, really.

Add me and we can sail about together if you're up for it
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

dezm0nd wrote: May 1st, 2019, 2:21 pm Its probably more accessible for new solo players than ever before but it still is a multiplayer game, really.

Add me and we can sail about together if you're up for it
Sounds like a plan!

I'll start the download right away.

My username on the Xbox is Pitwar80.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Tonight I'm going to be tackling the first chapter in the new story mode and I'd rather be doing it with some mates. Anyone interested? I will be focusing only on finishing the first 'Tall Tale' and anything else which happens during is a bonus.

It'll be from around 8pm tonight. Anyone interested? I can house 3 of ya on my ship
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

dezm0nd wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 6:23 am Tonight I'm going to be tackling the first chapter in the new story mode and I'd rather be doing it with some mates. Anyone interested? I will be focusing only on finishing the first 'Tall Tale' and anything else which happens during is a bonus.

It'll be from around 8pm tonight. Anyone interested? I can house 3 of ya on my ship
Darren I would be up for this but I’ve never played the game before. Not sure if i will be able to join as I suspect there’s a tutorial of sorts and a massive patch. I’ll plonk it on now and see what happens.

If I don’t get on board soon I’m worried I will miss the boat (puns absolutely intended)