Sea of Thieves - Come sail away with me!

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
dezm0nd

Re: Sea of Thieves - Come sail away with me!

Post by dezm0nd »

Hah, everyone loves a pun! No worries mate.

We ended up with 3 of us sailing for the first Tall Tale and found it to be a breath of fresh air for the game. Some hunting for treasure ended up opening a secret area in a well established island and had us solving puzzles to retrieve a relic.

Very enjoyable and i'm looking to do tackle them all over time.
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Very late to the party on this one but myself and three friends have been playing this over the last week and absolutely loving it.

The quests don't seem that interesting at the moment but sailing the seas is a joy and full of randomness!

Gamertag is CinderN if anyone fancies joining up with us (or are looking for another crew member).

Any recommendations for a new player would be most welcome too.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks guys, that was genuinely the most fun I've had playing for ages! Will absolutely order myself one of the headsets with a mic for next time :)
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Glad you had fun. It always is as silly as that. Welcome aboard :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Grabbed myself a cheap (£20) Turtle Beach Xbox headset at B&M in town today, so will actually be able to talk next time!
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Nice one. We aren't on this weekend but the weekend after we should be! :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone played the Shrouded Islands adventure? I noticed it's only available till Thursday this week and wondered if it was worth bothering with. The fact it's time limited and supposedly the beginning chapter of a big, game spanning adventure, I thought I probably ought to do it! (Or if it's not that good I may just watch a play though on YouTube).
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Alex79 wrote: February 28th, 2022, 8:30 pm Has anyone played the Shrouded Islands adventure? I noticed it's only available till Thursday this week and wondered if it was worth bothering with. The fact it's time limited and supposedly the beginning chapter of a big, game spanning adventure, I thought I probably ought to do it! (Or if it's not that good I may just watch a play though on YouTube).
Played through this a couple of times. Compared to the tall tales, it was a little short and we accidently managed to restart it by speaking to Belle without bringing the quest item to her but it's nice to see story based content, even if temporary.

There is a slight concern that this will head into Destiny territory where time-limited content leaves new or more casual players behind the curve - but as as there is no gear to speak of, I'm much less worried about this happening.

And if you ever need an extra member on the crew, I'm happy to join in!
Rhaegyr

Post by Rhaegyr »

Me and a few friends were really getting back into this until Elden Ring dropped - drat!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I know yeah, I was playing this every night until Elden Ring came out... Agh. Was enjoying playing the PotC stuff.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ReprobateGamer wrote: March 5th, 2022, 4:27 pm
Alex79 wrote: February 28th, 2022, 8:30 pm Has anyone played the Shrouded Islands adventure? I noticed it's only available till Thursday this week and wondered if it was worth bothering with. The fact it's time limited and supposedly the beginning chapter of a big, game spanning adventure, I thought I probably ought to do it! (Or if it's not that good I may just watch a play though on YouTube).
Played through this a couple of times. Compared to the tall tales, it was a little short and we accidently managed to restart it by speaking to Belle without bringing the quest item to her but it's nice to see story based content, even if temporary.

There is a slight concern that this will head into Destiny territory where time-limited content leaves new or more casual players behind the curve - but as as there is no gear to speak of, I'm much less worried about this happening.

Yeah I guess my main worry was on missing out parts of the story but I suppose you can just read up on it before the next part comes out.
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Alex79 wrote: March 7th, 2022, 7:58 pm
ReprobateGamer wrote: March 5th, 2022, 4:27 pm

Yeah I guess my main worry was on missing out parts of the story but I suppose you can just read up on it before the next part comes out.
The next adventure part I think drops in a couple of weeks so it should become clearer if there is an intent to keep the lore accessibe, as they have with Pirate Tales, or if it entirely is time limited.

With Season 6 starting this week, the Sea Forts are now available. With a crew of three the one we tried wasn't too bad - though solo players would have to very much keep on moving to get through that - at least from what we experienced
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Anyone fancy setting sail sometime soon and having an evening on this?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

It's all been a but unusual for us ever since you joined! Busy lives, holidays and illness have taken over but I will be back on the seas soon I'm sure.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

dezm0nd wrote: April 15th, 2022, 5:50 pm It's all been a but unusual for us ever since you joined! Busy lives, holidays and illness have taken over but I will be back on the seas soon I'm sure.
No worries mate! Yeah honestly this wasn't meant to hurry anyone along, it was more because I've not played any myself either for a while with Elden Ring and the GTA re-release coming out so just seeing if anyone fancied jumping on in the next few weeks or so :)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm very excited about the Monkey Island content for Sea Of Thieves! I love Monkey Island, and Sea Of Thieves is fun in the first place, this is going to be awesome!

I think it releases mid-July, anyone fancy giving it a go when it comes out? Anyone welcome - I've not played much of the main game but I've got a few hours on it, but still a bit of a novice. If anyone fancies setting sail to Monkey Island, let me know!

(I'm available most evenings after about 9).