Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Re: Battlefield 3 (PS3)

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Great fun last night, hit a few personal milestones. Never actually played alongside 3 others with voice chat on, it's been awkward enough in the past to move from my comfort zone of just chatting with one person at a time to two people (and that's with 2 people I'd already played a good 20 hours alongside)!

Looking forward to the next games and increasing my vocab beyond "Jesus" and "Fuckin' ell" :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Good to have you on board Mike, and was nice to catch up with the game as well as Jay, Indy and Chunky of course.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

If any of you guys playing BF3 on console or PC want to vastly improve your game i suggest checking out LevelCapGaming and Matimi0 Youtube channels on Battlefield 3 infantry playing style. These vids have helped me take my K/D spread from 0.98 to currently 1.61(and anyone who plays first person shooters know thats harder than the stat suggests)in the last 6 months. Both of them are extremely good at this game but never sound condescending. They are well spoken and professionally edited vids(not like alot of the shite thats on there). They both play on PC but the tactics, weapons and game style are the same as on console so its all universal really. If anyone wants to die less and get more kills on the battlefield then you must subscribe to these guys. Weapon and vehicle tips, best loadouts for weapons, what attachments compliment the guns(they differ drastically from gun to gun), best class selection for certain maps and general all round tactical approaching of objectives.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks for the tip, Don - I will check these out.
Toffer

Post by Toffer »

I had a quick look tonight, quite interesting. I'll have to spend some more time with the videos. Cheers for the tip!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Didn't realise until last night (despite checking battlelog on an almost daily basis) but it's been double XP since the 1st and runs up until the 7th. I'm going to be in there constantly so if anyone's playing send me an invite.

Nice vids btw, looked at the G36C test and I'm set on trying that out now I've unlocked it.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

You should check out the video Matimi0 made when he played Strike at Karkand with no UI at all. Playing against players with their UI enabled. All he had to distinguish friend from foe was the audio shouts and soldier kit/uniform. Amazing vid, even more amazing that he had a great round. If people think shooting at enemies when they are highlighted is tricky this vid takes the biscuit.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Yay, finally joined the forum. Cheers Don, will check that out. Not played much recently and completely mused double xp
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hiya kappi.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Really enjoying the games lately! It was fun to take you guys on with hitmemr (I rarely get the chance to talk about good games with others so it was a pleasure).

Fun all round (except for the raining lead from the 'annonymous' tank camper.. :P).
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Its called tactical defending with heavy armor. :P It was the only time i got a tank in the whole game due mainly to noob randoms not using them properly and letting you guys steal one, unforgivable. If your tank is being hit, never abandon it and leave it for the op force.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

I loved tanking with Don on Battlefield 3 on Xbox 360. So much fun.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Great games last night, highly intense. I got some good scores and unlocks and improved my K/D a little to boot.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Gutted I missed these games but needed to catch up on some sleep. No worries, I've no doubt a few of us will be running around the battlefield at some point this week
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

An evening of ace squad medals, thanks again! Just wondering if there's a set day we can get our army rolling in to take ass and kick names?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

mikeleddy83 wrote:An evening of ace squad medals, thanks again! Just wondering if there's a set day we can get our army rolling in to take ass and kick names?
Don't know really. I'd be up for a regular Friday slot from 9.30pm/10pm onwards for a few hours.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

mikeleddy83 wrote:An evening of ace squad medals, thanks again! Just wondering if there's a set day we can get our army rolling in to take ass and kick names?
Sounds like a good idea. I've got a few games to play and little time so a set day would suit me. I can usually get on about 10.30-11ish
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I've moved the conversation over to the BATTLEFIELD 4 thread, so it doesn't get in the way of game night speak.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

http://static.cdn.ea.com/battlelog/prod ... 1472125.71 I'm gonna be so bad at this it's not funny. Could be amusing watching a festival of crashing jets though
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

kappisun wrote:I'm gonna be so bad at this it's not funny. Could be amusing watching a festival of crashing jets though
I'm just praying the trophies are for the various ways I can fuck up (including forgetting to open my parachute), even 5 kills in air superiority mode sounds like a gold trophy for me!