Super Mario Maker 2 - **1st Page For Community Level Codes**

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
BearFishPie

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - **1st Page For Community Level Codes**

Post by BearFishPie »

Hello all, another long time listener but first time forumite here. I've uploaded two levels so far, both of which I'm pretty chuffed with. Any feedback would be most welcome!

2YP-S3L-JGG (a VVVVVV-inspired spikeathon)

6C3-8TD-PTF (grab the coins to unlock the exit - but can you beat it in 18 seconds or fewer?)

I'm looking forward to getting stuck into the other levels posted here.
Suits

Post by Suits »

BearFishPie wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:03 pm Hello all, another long time listener but first time forumite here. I've uploaded two levels so far, both of which I'm pretty chuffed with. Any feedback would be most welcome!

6C3-8TD-PTF (grab the coins to unlock the exit - but can you beat it in 18 seconds or fewer?)

Cool, welcome to the forum BearFishPie 😎.

I’ll update the first page with new levels and users tonight 👍🏽.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ADumican83 wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 8:30 pm Great Suits. Just so I know if I add another level will I need to add it to that list myself somehow? If so, how so?
Sorry mate, I forgot to reply to this.

You won’t be able to edit my posts I’m afraid but worry not, I’ll update the first page regularly and try my best not to miss anyone’s new levels 👍🏽.
BearFishPie

Post by BearFishPie »

Suits wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:48 pm
BearFishPie wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:03 pm Hello all, another long time listener but first time forumite here. I've uploaded two levels so far, both of which I'm pretty chuffed with. Any feedback would be most welcome!

Cool, welcome to the forum BearFishPie 😎.

I’ll update the first page with new levels and users tonight 👍🏽.
Thanks much!
Onemorego

Re: Super Mario Maker 2 - Community Thread

Post by Onemorego »

BrianEdwards wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:41 am
Onemorego wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 6:56 pm Hi all, long time listener but first time on the forum. I’m looking forward to getting stuck into these levels. I’ve made a couple myself that I would be happy if you guys could have a go at:

FT8 6NQ N8G
YPX R8K 1SG

As someone who isn’t particularly creative (but would love to be) I found it more challenging than expected to design these and can only look in awe at other creations I have seen. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated
Great work! These felt like they could be reals deal Mario levels. The elevators on hot/cold caper were impeccably timed. Tons of fun.
Thank you, appreciate the kind words. Unfortunately have had much time in the last couple of days but over the weekend i’m Hoping to get another level done and give all the levels mentioned a go

Massively enjoying this game
Suits

Post by Suits »

BearFishPie wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:03 pm 2YP-S3L-JGG (a VVVVVV-inspired spikeathon)

Enjoyed these man, the first one was cool - the hardest bit was not being able to see your jump path as you jumped into the pits

Second one, I have no idea how you mange to get that done in under 18 seconds mind :lol: .

BrianEdwards wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:26 am VCJ-9RH-4DG
Lovely stuff mate, very pleasing to play, liked the use of the switches as weapons, very nice.

ADumican83 wrote: July 4th, 2019, 12:12 am N0B-G0T-1RG
Dude. I've been playing this for a few days now and I'm stumped.

I think theres a mechanic with the spinning blocks that I just don't know.

So, I can get one red coin, the one where you spin jump across everything but for the bomb puzzle, I just can't get him past the two spinning blocks blocking the path to the flame and the shell, vine, piranha, buzzy shell puzzle in Thwomp tower I can't work out either.

Honestly, in total I've spent a few hours on this at least and just can't work it out :? .
BearFishPie

Post by BearFishPie »

Suits wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:00 pm
BearFishPie wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:03 pm 2YP-S3L-JGG (a VVVVVV-inspired spikeathon)

Enjoyed these man, the first one was cool - the hardest bit was not being able to see your jump path as you jumped into the pits

Second one, I have no idea how you mange to get that done in under 18 seconds mind :lol: .
Glad you enjoyed them! For the VVVVVV tribute level you shouldn’t be jumping blind - I’d tried to ensure you could see the layout of each drop to the right while you are climbing up. And for the second level? Let’s just say there’s something of a trick to it, and haste isn’t the answer...
Suits

Post by Suits »

BearFishPie wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:34 pm For the VVVVVV tribute level you shouldn’t be jumping blind - I’d tried to ensure you could see the layout of each drop to the right while you are climbing up.
Yes, you did, very well in fact. Sorry, I just explained what I meant poorly.

The layout is very fair, like you say and I used it to work out a path.

The tricky bit for me was the initial jump off each pipe. As the first jump would take you off the top of the screen , having to time his reappearance to be in the right position. Very clever and made it just tricky enough for me.
BearFishPie

Post by BearFishPie »

Suits wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:48 pm
BearFishPie wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:34 pm For the VVVVVV tribute level you shouldn’t be jumping blind - I’d tried to ensure you could see the layout of each drop to the right while you are climbing up.
Yes, you did, very well in fact. Sorry, I just explained what I meant poorly.

The layout is very fair, like you say and I used it to work out a path.

The tricky bit for me was the initial jump off each pipe. As the first jump would take you off the top of the screen , having to time his reappearance to be in the right position. Very clever and made it just tricky enough for me.
Aha! Got it! I thoroughly enjoyed the coin hunt on Ray Parlour level, and Red Flower was brill though I ended up bailing after the checkpoint after I kept screwing up the spike maze.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Had some life stuff to organise but now I'm back aboard the infinite Mario 2 train

Well done suits for 1st page curation. I made a change or two, hope that's ok.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Yes mate, of course, no dramas 😎.
BearFishPie

Post by BearFishPie »

A new course appears!

OX1-82S-FHG
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

BearFishPie wrote: July 6th, 2019, 10:22 am A new course appears!

OX1-82S-FHG
Reminds me of a tricky Mega Man stage! nice one.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I've tried pretty much all but my patience is lower than normal. I'll return to the ones I didnt finish soon and get that flagged coloured in
Onemorego

Post by Onemorego »

BrianEdwards wrote: July 5th, 2019, 2:26 am New effort. A good old fashioned Bowser Hunt.

VCJ-9RH-4DG

Going to play everyone else’s now.
Just spent far longer than I care to admit jumping on a never ending stream of Kameks 😂
Suits

Post by Suits »

Great to see everyone enjoying other people’s levels 😜😜.

It’s odd, but I get much more satisfaction from beating someone’s level that I’ve had to input the code for myself.
Toon Scottoon

Post by Toon Scottoon »

Back to more consistent internet and loving the chance to play everybody's levels. Here's my first attempt. Just realized Mexico apparently had me feeling those Dia De Los Muertos vibes. 8QD-6HP-N7G
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Suits wrote: July 6th, 2019, 9:11 pm Great to see everyone enjoying other people’s levels 😜😜.

It’s odd, but I get much more satisfaction from beating someone’s level that I’ve had to input the code for myself.
This genuinely is a game about community for me. I love watching "the best" levels but only if it's part of a community.

I'm only really interested in story mode and these levels in here. When I'm too exhausted I'll watch giant bomb play their community levels
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

A nice new level of mine for you to relax with this Sunday haha Quite tough this one.

84M-LR8-M7G
Toon Scottoon

Post by Toon Scottoon »

Here's the best thing I can say about the C and R levels. I've got maybe a dozen Nintendo made levels in the story mode to mop up, and I never got to any of them last night because I got wrapped up playing our community ones. Keep them coming team C and R.