Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
duskvstweak

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by duskvstweak »

Hey, does anyone still play Championship DX/have high scores? It's been my go-to for "I don't want to play anything else" this past few months and I need some high scores to chase!
KSubzero1000

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition DX

Post by KSubzero1000 »

That's the one you got on Steam, correct? I've had a few go at it but I'm abysmal at Pac-Man so my scores are nothing to boast about, I'm afraid. But never say never, I suppose! :lol:
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

KSubzero1000 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 8:14 pm That's the one you got on Steam, correct? I've had a few go at it but I'm abysmal at Pac-Man so my scores are nothing to boast about, I'm afraid. But never say never, I suppose! :lol:
It was basically a dollar! Such a steal!
clippa wrote: October 9th, 2019, 7:53 pm I've got that on the 360, it's still plugged in downstairs though it never gets used. I'll see if I can fire it up tomorrow and see what I've got.
Can't remember if I rolled my sleeves up and went for it, so it might not be that much to aim for, but at least it'll be something if nobody else posts.
Plus, turning it back on might awaken the Pac-Man Fever in you!
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

While not as good as my PS3 PMCEDX heyday, I did put up a few scores on my Steam copy. I'll send you a friend link so you can see if they're any use to you.

Played a bit tonight after seeing this. WOW I am so rusty.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

clippa wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:05 pm I turned the 360 on just there and there was loads of different scoreboards, championship 1, highway, 5 minutes, ten minutes, all sorts, all split into different leaderboards.
Can you narrow it down? It's ages since I played it, I can't remember what the main modes were. Which ones should I take a picture of?
I'm chasing scores on Championship II - 10 mins, specifically.
ColinAlonso wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:50 pm While not as good as my PS3 PMCEDX heyday, I did put up a few scores on my Steam copy. I'll send you a friend link so you can see if they're any use to you.

Sent as well!

And yeah, the rust forms fast on that game.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

clippa wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:05 pm I turned the 360 on just there and there was loads of different scoreboards, championship 1, highway, 5 minutes, ten minutes, all sorts, all split into different leaderboards.
Can you narrow it down? It's ages since I played it, I can't remember what the main modes were. Which ones should I take a picture of?
I'm chasing scores on Championship II - 10 mins, specifically.
ColinAlonso wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:50 pm While not as good as my PS3 PMCEDX heyday, I did put up a few scores on my Steam copy. I'll send you a friend link so you can see if they're any use to you.

Sent as well!

And yeah, the rust forms fast on that game.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

duskvstweak wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:24 amI'm chasing scores on Championship II - 10 mins, specifically.
I worked through that rust quickly and set a new high score for you to chase. :D Image
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

I wanted to add my own scoreboard, but I can't for the life of me get a picture to post right. Oh, well.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

duskvstweak wrote: October 10th, 2019, 11:16 pm I wanted to add my own scoreboard, but I can't for the life of me get a picture to post right. Oh, well.
I went into the in game options and turned fullscreen off. Then I resized the screen so the horizontal was less than 1000 pixels, as per clippa (School me! You ain't qualified to teach!). Less than half lenght on a horizontal screen will do. Then I pressed F12 to get a screenshot. I went to screenshots in my steam account and pressed upload on the image. This then gives a web address up on the top of that steam page which you can copy and put between the img boxes when posting an image here.

There are likely easier ways but this might help.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

There we go!

These are the scores I have on my Steam! Colin only brought me lower on the board!
I gotta get better!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Let's do this, then.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

It's on like Donkey Kong (Pac-Man)!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Poured a few hours into this yesterday evening.

I suppose this will not come as a surprise to anybody else, but damn, Pac-Man is an incredibly well-designed game, isn't it? I think it's my first time playing it properly and I can totally see why it's such a classic.

I only managed to break Michiel's record on the 5min mode so far. Can't get anywhere near any of Dusk's records, though! :o

If anybody is playing this on Steam and wants more scores to compare to, feel free to add me.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I absolutely love PMCDX, but while it obviously contains many key core elements of the original it is also a very different beast in terms of approach and pattern of play.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Fair enough, I wouldn't know! :P

This version definitely works for me, then. Put it that way.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It’s a cracker!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

You'll get there KSub! Luckily, the game is as fun as it is, so learning it's patterns is a good time!
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

I already beat you on the 5min mode, but that ridiculous 10min score of yours is something else!! :o
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

KSubzero1000 wrote: October 24th, 2019, 7:52 pm I already beat you on the 5min mode, but that ridiculous 10min score of yours is something else!! :o
There's so many people over my 10 minutes score, I'm barely a blip.
I haven't played five minute mode in a while! I'm gonna have to see what I can do!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I tried to grab this on Vita, turns out it's the only platform from the last 1000 years its not been released for, doh! They've got the 'non DX' version, but there are some fairly big differences I believe between the two games.