Halo Night on MCC (Xbox/PC)

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
HaloFandango

Halo Night on MCC (Xbox/PC)

Post by HaloFandango »

Hi everyone,

This year Xbox is celebrating its 20th anniversary with lots of deals, fun events and so on!

Like many people, I bought an original Xbox because of one game: Halo. What followed was endless hours of multiplayer with friends while BXRing people online, sword glitching and fully immersing myself in the Halo universe.

If anyone fancies it, I would love a Halo night on the Master Chief Collection with the lovely Cane and Rinse community, to rekindle some of those memories of 8 player LAN parties round my mate's house. Would anyone be up for that?

Edit: If you can add your gamertag and the days and times (GMT) of when you are free, that would be great.

HaloFandango - Fridays and Saturdays - 21:00 onwards
dezm0nd

Re: Halo Night on MCC (Xbox/PC)

Post by dezm0nd »

I wouldn't mind a game of Halo... tricky part is lining it all up!
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

dezm0nd wrote: May 25th, 2021, 5:21 pm I wouldn't mind a game of Halo... tricky part is lining it all up!
No worries Darren, I know you are busy at home! What days and times are you generally free?
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Monday-Thursday evenings and Sunday evening too!

Would be fun to get a few of us on a Sunday to enjoy some Halo
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

dezm0nd wrote: May 26th, 2021, 6:46 am Monday-Thursday evenings and Sunday evening too!

Would be fun to get a few of us on a Sunday to enjoy some Halo
If everyone wants to meet up on a Sunday evening, I'm happy to do it, but it wouldn't be every Sunday unfortunately. It is GMT+8 over here in Japan, so I'd have to wake up extra early on Monday morning before work. Not that I mind though, it would make my Monday morning a lot more fun for a change. :P
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

I'm not particularly great at Halo but I'd be up for this. Though my hours are normally later into the evening (GMT) ...
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

ReprobateGamer wrote: May 27th, 2021, 10:42 am I'm not particularly great at Halo but I'd be up for this. Though my hours are normally later into the evening (GMT) ...
Don't worry my man, same here. I used to be alright when I was a teenager, but now I am absolutely awful (usually last in the leaderboards). Let's have fun :)

With Sundays, in terms of timing, I'd have to stop by 23:00 GMT unfortunately, as I'd be late for work :| Anything before that is totally fine. How about you lovely chaps?
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

My gamertag is Feirsteax, and Sunday night after 9pm sounds grand to me ;)
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Feirsteax wrote: May 28th, 2021, 12:12 pm My gamertag is Feirsteax, and Sunday night after 9pm sounds grand to me ;)
Thanks for letting me know Feirsteax and I'll add you on Xbox. :)
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Would anyone be interested in playing some multiplayer on Halo MCC this Sunday (13th) from 9pm ~ 11pm GMT?

If you want to join, there is no requirement to stay for the whole thing. If you want to play for 15/30 minutes, that is totally fine. I was mainly wanting to do some multiplayer matches, but am up for anything (campaign, firefight etc).

If you would like to play, please either reply here or message me on Xbox Live (gamertag: HaloFandango).
ReprobateGamer

Post by ReprobateGamer »

Put me down as a possible - I may already be spoken for that evening but if not, I'm sure I can struggle into my Spartan armour ...
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

ReprobateGamer wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:46 pm Put me down as a possible - I may already be spoken for that evening but if not, I'm sure I can struggle into my Spartan armour ...
Cheers Reprobate, it would be lovely if you could join, but if you've already got plans no worries. :) I'll be on regardless.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I will be there. I'll be buzzing after the MS event so will want to play a bit of halo :)
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

I'm probably not able to do it this Sunday, a friend of mine is getting married soon and they are having a stag do in their back garden. However on the off chance that it wraps up earlier than expected I might see yous online.
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

dezm0nd wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:11 am I will be there. I'll be buzzing after the MS event so will want to play a bit of halo :)
Cheers Darren, looking forward to playing some Halo with you!
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Feirsteax wrote: June 9th, 2021, 12:48 pm I'm probably not able to do it this Sunday, a friend of mine is getting married soon and they are having a stag do in their back garden. However on the off chance that it wraps up earlier than expected I might see yous online.
No worries at all Feirsteax, enjoy the stag do and have a great time! :)
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

dezm0nd wrote: June 9th, 2021, 9:11 am I will be there. I'll be buzzing after the MS event so will want to play a bit of halo :)
Sorry everyone, I won't be able to join in with the fun now :( Like an absolute plonker, I decided I didn't need Xbox Game Pass Ultimate any more and believed that it would downgrade me back to my gold subscription if I cancelled it! Of course it didn't and now I'm stuck with no Gold! Sorry about that lads!
Feirsteax

Post by Feirsteax »

:? :D Haha, that's a shame. Let us know if you end up getting some Gold again soon!
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Apologies again everyone, if I do organise something else, I'll be sure to not make that same mistake again!