Fez

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Fez

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Just seen 2 of the YouTube videos for the CAR channel and it's been stressed pretty often that I've missed the rush of the original community effort to unravel the secrets of the game (I've heard a little but not enough to spoil whatever there is). I'm just wondering if there's a group large enough to make an effort at playing this for the first time and collaborating in keeping the thing guide free?

Edit. Thanks Xan, I'll postpone starting until then. It'd probably help if I could get some pointers from people who've completed the game on what might be required (ie. taking pictures of stuff, hooking my 360 up to live to message others and where the community effort begins - fairly confident it starts simple). Any suggestions?
Xantiriad

Re: Fez

Post by Xantiriad »

Fez is going to be discounted on XBLM on 20th Dec, so a good time to kick something off.
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I'll be picking Fez up.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I've completed it myself; I could try and be a guide to others if they get really lost on harder stuff, I guess?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I've not finished the game myself. Or well, I "finished" it, but I haven't got all the cubes, so I'm only like half way through. That's when things get tough. Although I haven't got any further than that point, but I've got some pictures that show the translations for all the secret symbols and stuff. I could post them here if someone wants, unless people think that would be cheating or something.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It's lovely of you guys to offer to help but I think that's what Mike is actually trying to avoid, rather instead sharing the experience with similarly 'clueless' players in the same way that early adopters of the game did.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

I'm happy to join in this, I bought Fez a while back but never got round to playing it, so count me in :)
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Well if we're trying to be a bit less straight forward then I can give a clue to how you decode the alphabet in the game yourself.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Scrustle wrote:Well if we're trying to be a bit less straight forward then I can give a clue to how you decode the alphabet in the game yourself.
already too many spoilers!
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

ratsoalbion wrote:It's lovely of you guys to offer to help but I think that's what Mike is actually trying to avoid, rather instead sharing the experience with similarly 'clueless' players in the same way that early adopters of the game did.
Exactly, I'm just unaware of how the community effort worked so I'm scratching around for ideas.

In my head it's an end game scenario in the same way as Braid but I really don't know, sounds like a few spoilers could be in wait here but I don't know the context yet having barely started the first level a month back.

From the looks of it there's a fair few of us up for the challenge and I'll wait until at least tomorrow to start but I'd urge anyone starting the game from tomorrow onwards to post anything they're having trouble with (under spoiler tags if needed) until we find whatever this community effort actually is.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Yeah I'm in. I downloaded the demo this week funnily enough and planned to purchase the full version at some point anyway.
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

When are we starting?
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Sly Reflex wrote:When are we starting?
Was thinking of starting tonight, might play just an hour or so. Is everyone else jumping straight in?
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

I was going to jump in tonight. I don't know how far I'll get.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Bought it tonight got 2 cubes so far...
Sly Reflex

Post by Sly Reflex »

How long did that take? I might stop at two cubes as well. Unless it's like 20 minutes into the game that that happens.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Yeah, I'll call it a day there too, when I played it a few months back I think I almost had one in half an hour of playing.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Two cubes is literally the introduction to the game. Only takes maybe 15 minutes; the Quick Rinse of Fez covered that far, in fact.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I'm jealous. Fez and the journey I went on playing it was my favourite experience this year. I look forward to spying on this thread to relive some of it :)
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

3 down, seems like it gets easier to get cubes as you progress (I meant to stop at the very easy 2 but 3 was literally handed to me).