Forza Motorsport / Forza Horizon

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
Dr Mcfluffin

Re: Forza 4 / Forza Horizon

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Just spreading 'da word' on Twitterz man :)
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Ironically, I'm sat in a car park right now :(
Would love to jump into a datsun derby...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hope a few people hop on. Don't get disheartened if it's quiet for the first week or two back.
I would join you myself but I've got a Skype meeting with the C&R gang.
Dr Mcfluffin

Post by Dr Mcfluffin »

Pretty busy :) Image
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Cool! Nice one Fluffin 8-)
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

It was a fun session. More people joined than I was expecting. I'll definitely be setting up a room next week too.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Great stuff guys.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm planning to start up a room same time tomorrow night, so I was wondering if people were still interested, or whether it wouldn't be worth it because people would be out camping in front of shops waiting for GTA V.
FudgeMonkey

Post by FudgeMonkey »

I should be about again fella, My bloodbowl game is postponed so I'll be about to mop up the rear.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

So I guess I'll make this a more formal announcement of tonight's event.

Same as last week. Room in Forza 4 opens at 8pm GMT, in user created races, custom events, room named "Cane and Rinse".

Initially it'll start with normal races, but if people want to do something else later, like drifting, playground games, or just messing about, then we will do that after. Didn't happen last time though, so I doubt it'll happen this time either.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Good session tonight, even though we didn't have many people. It was still fun. But since it seems that racing Datsun 510s seems to be something people want to do regularly, I wanted to ask what class you guys have your 510s tuned to? I want to build one too so we can all race them together.

I've also decided that I'm going to make next week's room a private match, so we don't have to deal with randoms. That means if people want to join, they'll have to either add me or someone else who will be joining to their friends list, and join via Gamertag or invite.

I also found out what that GTA licence plate thing that I was talking about was. It's an iOS app called Grand Theft Auto: iFruit. I just posted in the GTA thread talking more about it.
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

Scrustle wrote:Good session tonight, even though we didn't have many people. It was still fun. But since it seems that racing Datsun 510s seems to be something people want to do regularly, I wanted to ask what class you guys have your 510s tuned to? I want to build one too so we can all race them together.

I've also decided that I'm going to make next week's room a private match, so we don't have to deal with randoms. That means if people want to join, they'll have to either add me or someone else who will be joining to their friends list, and join via Gamertag or invite.

I also found out what that GTA licence plate thing that I was talking about was. It's an iOS app called Grand Theft Auto: iFruit. I just posted in the GTA thread talking more about it.
the only thing you're allowed to change on the datsun is the paintwork...
the more lurid, the better
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Just a reminder for tonight's lobby. 8pm GMT, set to private, so people will have to join off my profile, or request an invite if that doesn't work.
registradus

Post by registradus »

I realize I'm late to the party (again), but I just picked up Forza Horizon in the sale last week. Is anyone still playing? What is the C&R car club called?
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm still playing Horizon. Not sure how much I'll be playing when Horizon 2 comes out, but I doubt I'll abandon it completely. But for now, I'm still playing. You can add my if you want (GT: Scrustle), although I'm not in the C&R club.
registradus

Post by registradus »

Yeah I'm really joining it and planning on getting the 360 version of Horizon 2 when it comes out. but not sure how active the multiplayer will be...
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I'm getting the Xbox One version of Horizon 2, and I doubt the game will have cross-platform multiplayer unfortunately. But I am kind of interested in getting the 360 version at some point too, when it gets cheap, to see what it's like. They're running on different engines, so it'll be interesting to see what the difference is. That said, MS haven't released a single piece of information about the 360 version apart from the fact that it exists. Not even a single screenshot. Obviously they don't want the 360 version to cannibalise the XB1 version, but even still, how silent they have been about it has been a bit worrying. Also, the 360 version is being handled by Sumo Digital, not Playground Games or even Turn10. Sumo have a good reputation with racing games, but it's still a port that's being shipped out to and outside studio. Think of that what you will.

EDIT: Of course, just as I say that there's no info released for the 360 version, that's exactly what they go and do:

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fh2_x360

The short version is that the 360 version will run at 720p, instead of 1080p like the XB1 version, although both are still locked at 30fps, which I'm personally fine with. Worked perfectly well in the first game. There will also be no weather effects in the 360 version, although there is still a day/night cycle. There are a few less cars, although there are still "more than 200". Car clubs can also only have 100 member instead of 1000. I think they were also trying to imply that there will be no Drivatars (which might actually be a good thing), and that the online mode won't be the same instant thing as it is on the XB1 version, or that there will be 12 player MP. They talked about those features in reference to the XB1 version, but didn't in relation to the 360, so I guess that implies that those features probably won't be the same. I assume they'll be closer to the first Horizon for the 360 version.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Scrustle wrote:That said, MS haven't released a single piece of information about the 360 version apart from the fact that it exists. Not even a single screenshot. Obviously they don't want the 360 version to cannibalise the XB1 version, but even still, how silent they have been about it has been a bit worrying
Is it though, obviously the situation isn't like-for-like but everyone was saying the same about Tittyfall before that came out and actually the 360 version was really solid. I'd worry more if it was someone less reputable but not in this case, I'm confident it's down to sales and marketing of their core console and that is all.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Yeah, I know that it might very well just be because they want to keep the marketing focused on the version they want to sell more, but you can't really afford to give this kind of stuff the benefit of the doubt anymore. When a company is very quiet about its own game, that's usually not a good sign, even if they have a convenient excuse. That said, they did just release some details, and it seems that it's mostly the same. Doesn't seem like there's anything huge to be worried about. Although the XB1 version does still seem obviously superior. The actual driving feel will probably be significantly different though, because of the different physics engines. But on that point, I'm just more curious about the differences. I might get and play both versions just for the sake of it. Like how I have both versions of Twilight Princess, or how I have HD versions of games I already owned on previous generations. The differences may be minor, but they both have value in themselves purely because they're different from the other.
registradus

Post by registradus »

I have faith in Sumo Digital.