Learn to Dota

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
DarthCuddles

Learn to Dota

Post by DarthCuddles »

I asked in the Steam night thread and was told I should make a thread see if there was interest.

so if anyone is interested in learning/ playing some Dota when would be best? I've got pretty much any evening free so if anyone else is interested we can maybe find a time that suits all and get some fun dota nights going .

also if anyone wants a key to join in I have a few spare keys

Before we begin:

Welcome to Dota you suck pretty much a must read, it gives a good indepth description of how difficult Dota is

and a reddit thread with a lot more recources
magicjoef

Re: Learn to Dota

Post by magicjoef »

This sounds like it will be fun. I'll start my homework and watch the guides.
GSMason

Post by GSMason »

I'd be up for this as I'd already started the homework. I'm working this weekend but can do one evening in the week or next weekend.

I probably should get a PC headset as just have built in iMac mic

Cheers for setting this up Darth
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

Anyone up for playing some on Friday maybe? If we got 10 it would be ideal but a few is enough for a start
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

Hey guys I want to see if this can be a thing and try and help people get into Dota. so again I'm wondering would anyone be up for starting to learn how to play Dota and playing some games with people here which would make the whole thing a lot better than the Trail by fire method I broke into Dota with.

So if people are about this weekend we could hopefully get a game or something running and maybe some of you will come to fall for Dota like I did.

I was thinking Saturday at 20:00 for anyone who is interested.
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

Not sure if this offer is still open, but I'd love to try Dota, but am terrified of just jumping in blind. Anyone up for taking the plunge with me?
Ashguyver

Post by Ashguyver »

Hi, I've taken the plunge in the last couple of weeks and have a few like minded newbs that have been learning the ropes with me. I'm Ashguyver01 or Ashguyver on steam.

If you haven't got it already a headset mic is almost invaluable for instant comms, being new and typing every couple of mins is not an easy way to learn and sods law dictates that you get your ass handed to you the minute you look away from the screen. Some people have trouble setting it up but it's found in Steam (not DOTA itself) the top left menus under: steam, settings, (last tab) sound. Theres also a tick box for making it transmit automatically when you talk if you don't want to hold done a key to speak.

Hopefully see some of you on there!
StuartPD

Post by StuartPD »

I've been really interested in getting into Dota, so any help from you chaps would be great :)
DarthCuddles

Post by DarthCuddles »

the best starting point is Welcome to Dota you suck and always remember >Game is Hard