Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Here's where you can arrange game nights and meetups on the platforms of your choice
mikeleddy83

Re: Battlefield 4 (PS4) Platoon

Post by mikeleddy83 »

That's me too..

mikeleddy83
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

ratsoalbion wrote:Went Premium last night, then played a couple of games of Conquest but after a while the game crashed each time, sending me to the PS4 error reporting doohickey. Quite frustrating as no stats and unlocked were tracked by the looks of things.
Its apparently linked to the number of friends on your list. Theres a patch due tomorrow to fix it... But they said that last time.

Ive played a couple conquests successfully but it's not worth the risk but man, when it work, it was amazing.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

If everyone just adds me via Battlelog, it'll be much easier if/when they finally add the ability to do a full Platoon.
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/user/NokkonWud/

As it stands, just put "CaR" in as your tag on the Battlelog website if you would. Thanks.
hitmemr

Post by hitmemr »

hitmemr :D

where is everybody ?? shooting baddies on my own here :o
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Fucked it in the bin till its fixed properly if im honest. PS4 version anyway.
hitmemr

Post by hitmemr »

getting better just hard as hell hate to say i think it needs some 24 player maps :?
hitmemr

Post by hitmemr »

GAME settings
network smoothing slider 0% created
A much more stable game for me less dancing la.aa.g juddering jets and dropping out in general
Sucks balls that i had to drop visuals on a console but it seems to have made the difference :|

I do love China rising Guilin Peaks (more than a hint of BC2 Vietnam) which i recon were by far the best MP maps to date just missing the Choons in da choppa :P
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Agreed, i do like the Guilan Peaks map. Some great infantry combat with loads of flanking routes. Enjoyed those couple of games yesterday Nik. :P
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

hitmemr wrote:hitmemr :D

where is everybody ?? shooting baddies on my own here :o
3 weeks of 4 (a month since I got a PS4, jesus) have been an internet connection that can't hold up for more than 30 minutes without dropping for 2-3 hours. I may yet get to be on the game sometime next year! :evil:

It's still my only game so I look forward to plenty of games soon enough (BT engineer is over in the morning but it'll be his 3rd visit so hopes aren't high).
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Had a few decent sessions of Conquest, will put some more time into this for sure when my shifts get back to normal.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Ive been playing for most nights over the last week or so and ive got to say i haven't encountered any more dropped to dashboard problems. Hit detection is tighter & i haven't been head shot in one shot by a pistol since Dice said it was patched on the back end. Anyone who suffered with the earlier problems like myself, i would urge to give it another go. Unfortunately the single player save bug is still a problem but personally that doesn't affect me, single player BF is a waste of time & resources imo. The biggest problem that still exists is the lack of a squad setup mechanic before you head into a game. Dice are ignoring pleas for this to implemented & for the life of me i cannot fathom why. Having no squad up lobby system for a game which is squad based more than any other, its utter madness.
That aside, this game is finally living up to my expectations on the PS4. The magnitude of the battles are just like i have been watching on the BF3 PC vids on Youtube for the past 2 years. Intense infantry firefights, teamplay, squad chat & banter, hectic vehicle combat over contested capture points. The game for me seems to have settled somewhat & is providing the epic moments of previous BF & Bad Company multiplayers. Another problem, yet, a solvable one is getting enough guys from these forums & my Battlelog friends list to squad up with. A regular night or two per week needs to be set aside for some shenanigans. There was enough guys on Twitter saying they were getting this with their PS4 purchase so after the initial terrible launch problems i believe it deserves another go.
Its beginning to grip me now & i can see myself being online with it most nights, if anyone sees me on, please jump in, send me a message or invite to party chat, im actually quite sociable.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I've had a few enjoyable games the last couple of days. Will definitely hook up for shenanigans soon! :)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah it seems pretty stable now, played several rounds of Conquest and had no problems. Apart from the Campaign deleting (which I've finished, so fuck that), I only have one glitch. Everytime I boot up, it tells me "connect to Playstation Network to play online". But I am. Closing it down, then reloading the game fixes it, after one or two attempts. Been like it since the last update.
tat_sun

Post by tat_sun »

So apparently they are adding Platoons back in February: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2014/01/bf ... ion-month/

If you could add me Karl that'd be great :)
My PSN ID is tat_sun
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

About ruddy time. Glad to see it coming.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I dont think the Platoons thing is the same as setting your squad up before a game. Its a stats based Battlelog feature that you can join a platoon & compete on stats against other platoons. I hope im wrong as that would be lame.
tat_sun

Post by tat_sun »

I gather some of the guys will be on tonight for the launch of Second Assault for Premium members. Would be good to squad up with a decent group for once :-)
What time roughly will people be on?
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

It will be after 10oclock before im on Peter. Thats my usual time, when i get everything sorted out & sitting down for sone gaming.
tat_sun

Post by tat_sun »

Saw a few people tonight, turns out you're quite good at field battling stuff Indy! :-D Also loving Nokkun pissing around with an EOD robot :-)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Lol, cheers Peter, im average at best. A lot of it has to with the amount i play, map knowledge & a good headset also help. :P
Should be on most nights. Sorry i wasn't on comms last night for the first couple of games, wife was sleeping on the couch beside me.