February 2019

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: February 2019

Post by ratsoalbion » March 9th, 2019, 12:10 am

Alex79uk wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 6:36 pm
Oh yeah I meant to ask, are you allowed to tell us what this paid podcast work you're doing is, Leon?
I can say that I’m contracted by a Brighton e-learning company to host a series of podcasts for a large corporate client.

It’s nothing that will be available externally, or indeed of any interest externally!

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » March 9th, 2019, 8:18 am

I can see that working - audiobooks next!

ThirdMan

Post by ThirdMan » March 12th, 2019, 7:21 am

ratsoalbion wrote:
March 9th, 2019, 12:10 am
Alex79uk wrote:
March 8th, 2019, 6:36 pm
Oh yeah I meant to ask, are you allowed to tell us what this paid podcast work you're doing is, Leon?
I can say that I’m contracted by a Brighton e-learning company to host a series of podcasts for a large corporate client.

It’s nothing that will be available externally, or indeed of any interest externally!
Best of luck, Leon. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 » March 16th, 2019, 8:00 pm

I've been a bit behind on my podcasts, so I only got around to listen to this one today. It was a very nice touch to blur out the Nier Automata spoilers in the correspondence. That and the general amount of praise directed at the game around these parts have convinced me to give it another shot and put it right next on the list. Thanks for being considerate, guys. :)

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » March 16th, 2019, 8:36 pm

No problem, it’s something we will continue to bear in mind.

Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo » March 19th, 2019, 7:22 pm

I agree with everyone else here. The way spoilers are handled on this show are just right and if there is a game that is covered that you have not yet but plan to try out in the future just skip the episode and return to it when you have finally gotten the chance to have really dug into whatever game the podcast is discussing. I have not played Gravity Rush 2 yet but will get to it sooner or later and will appreciate the episode more when I finally get around to playing it. Not to mention, some of the strongest episodes of C&R are those that fully dissect games with strong themes or plots such as Nier Automata or Bioshock Infinite. These episodes would not be as good if there was a artificial divide between spoilers and non-spoilers. Would just mess with the analytical yet conversational tone that makes this podcast such a joy to listen to.

Also delighted that you two expressed your distaste for the word 'woke'. It is a term that has always reeked of smug self righteousness, similar to conspiracy theorists lecturing the "sheeple' to wake up from their brainwashing. Godawful terminology.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » March 19th, 2019, 10:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback folks.

As regards to “woke”, I was definitely using metaphorical air quotes even before Jay picked me up on it.
😆