Our Patreon

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
FemalePheromones

Re: Our Patreon

Post by FemalePheromones »

JaySevenZero wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:16 pm The answer will most likely be a negative on that one
You almost seemed swayed by Game Pass.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

That "SJW" reviewer is ridiculous, the podcast only gets political when the games themselves cover political topics and if you are going to do a proper analysis of what makes a game work or not, it would be glaringly incomplete without mentioning the political subject. Imagine the Bioshock Infinite issue without talking about racism or Wolfenstein 2: New Colossus without mentioning fascism? You would have to discard mentioning the story entirely! It would be one thing if the team were saying to avoid games because you play as a white male or whatever but they are not doing that so really what is this guy's issue? At least, he thought the podcast was excellent despite the politics so silver linings I suppose!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

FemalePheromones wrote: June 6th, 2019, 8:10 pm
JaySevenZero wrote: June 6th, 2019, 4:16 pm The answer will most likely be a negative on that one
You almost seemed swayed by Game Pass.
Well, I think the idea is cool but I've got enough games to be playing until Sept/Oct, then I've got the Monster Hunter World expansion and Death Stranding to be getting on with. There's also the increasing probability that the new PlayStation could be on its way early in the new year and although it's too early to know when exactly when I'll be picking that up, it would definitely take priority over Xbox.
FemalePheromones

Fair enough. I guess it's all about the games isn't it. If most of the games you want to play are on PS4 then there's no point. Basically the same reason I sold my PS4 after a year.
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 6th, 2019, 1:00 pm Cheers Emailer. Patreon have told us that the problem is theirs and that they are working on a fix.
Hello again. I still can't get my rss link to work on any podcast app. Its quite annoying listening using the Pateron app, as if you take a break whilst listening it restarts.
Who do I contact at Patreon?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Oh, poo! Sorry to hear that.

I think there is a fix that others have found. Perhaps they can share it here..?
Over to you, folks!
FemalePheromones

Have you tried Castbox? That's the podcast app I've always used for it.
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

FemalePheromones wrote: June 21st, 2019, 11:37 am Have you tried Castbox? That's the podcast app I've always used for it.
Just did, only 2 episodes from 2017 :(

I put in a support request with patreon
FemalePheromones

That's mad. I did struggle with finding an app at first. Most wouldn't support RSS feeds or would only support RSS feeds but since I found that app it has worked every time.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
MrFox

Post by MrFox »

Hello folks, long time listener, first time forum-er; probably going to ask a question that's been asked a billion times, but how do I easily access the Patreon-only podcasts...?

I'm an Apple guy, so tend to just use the iOS Podcasts app. Happy to move to a third party one, but what do I do to get early access to the Patreon podcasts, and access the longer, uncut versions of existing episodes?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi! Thanks for signing up.

Try this: https://support.patreon.com/hc/en-us/ar ... dcast-App-
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

FYI I was the person with the worst podcast issues. Patreon support reset my feed and it now works. Sorry for causing such a fuss. Appreciate the effort
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Fab, glad you got it resolved!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

MrFox wrote: July 1st, 2019, 6:14 pm Hello folks, long time listener, first time forum-er; probably going to ask a question that's been asked a billion times, but how do I easily access the Patreon-only podcasts...?

I'm an Apple guy, so tend to just use the iOS Podcasts app. Happy to move to a third party one, but what do I do to get early access to the Patreon podcasts, and access the longer, uncut versions of existing episodes?
Any podcast app (though I've not used Apple Podcasts, but surely it'll allow this) will let you add a feed via an url. When you sign up to the Patreon you'll be given (I got mine via email but its there on the Patreon page if you're signed in) a unique url to access your private feed. Just add this to your app of choice.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

The Amiga special is available now - and it's a big 'un!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/console-special-28250361
Suits

Post by Suits »

Team,

I'm going to be reducing my monthly Patreon amount.

I set aside an amount each month for my subscriptions and I'm adjusting the figures I pay on what I feel I use the most/interact with.

I still can't get the Cane and Rinse Patreon feed to appear on my iPhone or iMac podcasts either - which is infuriating, I've messed with it, deleted it, added it but it still won't appear, or if it does, it won't update.

So I've been streaming it through Patreon, which isn't ideal.

I look forward to the coffee cups, meets and any other Patreon perks that you guys still have in the pipeline.

You probably don't GAF really, but thought I'd do the courtesy of explaining why, instead of just reducing my pledge without a reason.

Safe.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I use a third party podcast app called rather unimaginatively “The Podcast App” on iOS. For some reason it doesn’t have the 300 limit Apple imposes so has the entire back catalogue and when I have had issues with the patreon feed on the Apple app it works seamlessly.

I’ve paid to remove the ads but it’s free and they are rarely a bother if you don’t want to.

.The Podcast App - Podcasts by Evolve Global, Inc. https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/the-podca ... 1199070742

Worth a shot if you want the back catalogue and fewer feed issues.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Cool man, nice one, I'll give it a look.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

No worries, Suits. $5 is still very generous!
x
macstat

Post by macstat »

Im using android phone so no problem here ;). But also im using an app called "Pocketcast" without any issues. It has an iOS version as well so that's something you guys might check out.

Also its time to raise my pledge :)