Our Patreon

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Our Patreon

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thank you kind sir!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Cheers Rich!
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 8th, 2019, 7:24 pm
NB: We’ve had several patrons up their pledge from the minimum $1 to $5 this week; we might have our old frenemies to thank for that...
Who are the frenemies? A reference I've missed?

I agree that one dollar is a low price for the quantity and quality of output. However I think ppl should have opportunity to pay that. More than anything it gives those on a tight budget the chance to show support. Not everyone can do 80 dollars a year on a podcast. Students, kids, or those in countries with a much lower cost of living /income base.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That was our thinking.

Our ‘frenemies’ (actually just friends really) are The Computer Game Show boys.
denysarr

Post by denysarr »

Not much of a forum person, but just wanted to drop in and say how impressed I was with the quality of discussions on each Cane and Rinse episode! Decided to support with a dollar initially after listening to the great Persona 5 episode, and in the space of about two days (and several more C&R podcasts) have upped my pledge. Really liked what Simonsloth said about taking the "games magazine" money and giving it to C&R instead :lol:

I was a bit surprised (like a few others it seems) to find that the minimum pledge is only a dollar. Most places seem to start with two or three dollars. I do feel though that perhaps it's better for the barriers of entry to remain low (for the sake of poor students who need all the cash they can get to afford more video games!), and create one or two higher tiers instead. I've seen a few video game podcasts do a "Patreon Picks"-type thing which Simonsloth suggested, and I think it can work.

For instance, in the next Volume (which I assume covers the year 2020), allow patreons at a certain tier to select a game currently on your (long) list to be covered in that Volume (i.e., akin to bringing it forward). I think that strikes a balance between reciprocating the support of that patreon, while giving the rest of your listeners something that they can enjoy too. Just my two cents!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Denys! Thanks so much for signing up and indeed for immediately boosting your pledge. We really do appreciate it.

Noted as regards to tier suggestions. We are keen to bring some higher amounts in but only for the right, workable reasons. Watch this space!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

denysarr wrote: May 28th, 2019, 4:48 pm Not much of a forum person, but just wanted to drop in and say how impressed I was with the quality of discussions on each Cane and Rinse episode! Decided to support with a dollar initially after listening to the great Persona 5 episode, and in the space of about two days (and several more C&R podcasts) have upped my pledge. Really liked what Simonsloth said about taking the "games magazine" money and giving it to C&R instead :lol:

I was a bit surprised (like a few others it seems) to find that the minimum pledge is only a dollar. Most places seem to start with two or three dollars. I do feel though that perhaps it's better for the barriers of entry to remain low (for the sake of poor students who need all the cash they can get to afford more video games!), and create one or two higher tiers instead. I've seen a few video game podcasts do a "Patreon Picks"-type thing which Simonsloth suggested, and I think it can work.

For instance, in the next Volume (which I assume covers the year 2020), allow patreons at a certain tier to select a game currently on your (long) list to be covered in that Volume (i.e., akin to bringing it forward). I think that strikes a balance between reciprocating the support of that patreon, while giving the rest of your listeners something that they can enjoy too. Just my two cents!
Welcome my friend! I like your thinking (not just because you agreed with me haha)
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 6th, 2019, 1:00 pm Cheers Emailer. Patreon have told us that the problem is theirs and that they are working on a fix.
FYI still occurring for me
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

I’m sure everyone can take criticism by being in the public sphere but I just saw a review on iTunes which i completely disagree with.

Whenever I see a review of my workplace even if it sounds like the ravings of a lunatic I take it to heart so wanted to voice my support (even if it isn’t needed).

Leah and Josh are invaluable contributors on every episode they appear on and I look forward to their insight and perspective every time I know they are featuring. The same applies to pretty much everyone on the team as much like the list of games you cover the team has been carefully selected for each episode. This is evident to me and part of why I love the show so much.

Well done to all.
Suits

Post by Suits »

Sadly it’s naturally really easy to build up opinions of people in your head.

Even sadder is how easy and driven people sometimes are to tell others about it online.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah, that one’s a pretty harsh review for a 4 star. There really is no need to make these things personal, but there it is.

Feel free to leave us an Apple/iTunes review if you haven’t already, folks - it really does help!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Suits wrote: May 29th, 2019, 9:11 am Sadly it’s naturally really easy to build up opinions of people in your head.
This is true since I've most certainly got an opinion of the person who wrote that review! ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The guy who wrote that review appears to have left a similar one on a Game Of Thrones podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/h ... 1074070278

What an arsehole.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

He says it pains him to say it, then he bangs on for ages about it. Jerk.
Suits

Post by Suits »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:19 am He says it pains him to say it, then he bangs on for ages about it. Jerk.
Now now. All feedback is good feedback. Makes us better at everything, even dealing with personal, negative things.

Release the hounds.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

🐶🐶🐶
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

The best review is the 1-star 'this is an excellent podcast but the SJW leftie stuff will alienate a massive part of their audience'.

:D

'Must...not...enjoy...pinko...scum...podcast...for...the...sake...of...boner...culture...'
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah we love that one. We made a thing out of it on social media.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It's the sort of review Stewart Lee would put on the front of his DVD :lol:
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

ratsoalbion wrote: May 30th, 2019, 9:54 am Yeah we love that one. We made a thing out of it on social media.
Yeah, I kept a copy of that.