May 2019

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

May 2019

Post by JaySevenZero »

Hi all, here's our regular Patreon exclusive round-up of May's goings-on for all you generous patrons, in which, among other things, Leon and Jay chat about what they've been recently playing and talk about venturing over to Europe's largest free-play arcade experience in the North West of England when they visited Arcade Club. As is usual we also attempt to answer those questions posed by you, our Patreon supporters.

May's Monthly podcast
TheEmailer

Re: May 2019

Post by TheEmailer »

As a fellow Liverpool resident I didn't know about the arcade place in Bury. I'm so excited to take my daughter when she's old enough. Looks amazing
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

You live in Liverpool too? Cool! Don't suppose you know if there are any retro game store anywhere in or around the city do you? I heard Retro Dojo was good but that has since gone the way of the dinosaur and there doesn't appear to be anywhere that deals in anything much older than last gen (looking for PS1, Dreamcast etc.).
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

JaySevenZero wrote: June 9th, 2019, 8:36 am You live in Liverpool too? Cool! Don't suppose you know if there are any retro game store anywhere in or around the city do you? I heard Retro Dojo was good but that has since gone the way of the dinosaur and there doesn't appear to be anywhere that deals in anything much older than last gen (looking for PS1, Dreamcast etc.).
Afraid not. I think grand Central might have had one before it got closed down. Not from the area either so don't know about the suburbs.
If you like board games I can recommend "sugar and dice" near the docks
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I had a look at that arcade you guys visited in Bury, it looks just amazing. I am a little disappointed though, as after speaking to the guy over email it turns out children are only allowed on the classic arcade floor and not the modern one. My eldest is 13, bizarrely well behaved, and would love both floors. I totally get why little kids wouldn't necessarily be welcome, and if you don't have children then there are few things more annoying that kids running wild, but I think the 16+ age limit is a little restrictive.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I honestly didn’t clock that there weren’t any kids on the middle floor while we were there.
CamAshworth

Post by CamAshworth »

1st ever post....

Love the podcast and the patreon specials :)

I live in a place called Rawtenstall which is about 5 miles from Bury.
The owner of Arcade Club started in a computer repair shop about half a mile from my house as was discussed on the show. It had about 4 or 5 machines in the back that were set up to play for free.

The first time I visited Arcade Club I was blown away at what he had achieved.

Also in regards to the children not being allowed on all floors.
Usually during school holidays they have days where the young ones can go on all floors for a special price so keep a look out for them.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Heh, my mum lives in Haslingden and one of my sisters also happens to live in Rawtenstall!
CamAshworth

Post by CamAshworth »

JaySevenZero wrote: June 13th, 2019, 3:06 pm Heh, my mum lives in Haslingden and one of my sisters also happens to live in Rawtenstall!
Small world mate :)