November 2019 monthly

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
DomsBeard

Re: November 2019 monthly

Post by DomsBeard »

FemalePheromones wrote: December 12th, 2019, 7:30 am I only patronise Cane and Rinse. As I am already giving one podcast money I really feel like I can't for any others. I assume this will be a problem with a lot of people, if they are already patronising another podcast they may not want to pay out to another as well.
So in that situation the other podcast needs to come up with something that makes you want to pay for it. It's all about creating something that would make you pay for another product. I liken it to someone who has Netflix will likely get Disney + if the content on there they need.
FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones »

Well the thing is they kind of do with Patreon exclusive podcasts but I for some reason feel like paying into one podcast's Patreon is enough.

I actually have a Netflix account as well as an Amazon Prime account and will more than likely get Disney+ but the difference is that my wife and kids also use them so it is more justifiable where as the podcasts are just for me.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

To be honest, I'm far more likely to just subscribe to Sky and Netflix - which is over £12 a month these days, and just pirate stream anything I want to watch that's on Prime or Disney+.

And when I say far more likely, I mean that's what I do.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hmm, just read the Patreon email. Honestly? I don't think your Patreons need the show four weeks early, and it might even make talking about the shows on the forum a little odd and out of sync. I'd happily still subscribe even if the episode was released on the same day for both subscribers and non subscribers. The early console specials and monthly chats are more than enough bonus content for me. I know this is something you will have thought long and hard about though, and I really hope it sees a decent increase in income for you guys.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks for the honest feedback, Alex. We’ll see how it goes this coming year.

Without a workable solution for tiers, we just had to look at ways to tempt those wavering to part with a couple of quid. Nothing’s necessarily set in stone forever though.

We’d suggest that the vast majority of active forum users and contributors are Patreon supporters anyway, and if they aren’t, perhaps they should seriously consider becoming one...
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

ratsoalbion wrote: December 20th, 2019, 3:49 pm We’d suggest that the vast majority of active forum users and contributors are Patreon supporters anyway, and if they aren’t, perhaps they should seriously consider becoming one...
Make it mandatory for signing up to the forum!

:lol:

Well, I've increased anyway (and happy to do so). I don't want to be a minimum amount subscriber!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Aw, thanks man!
FemalePheromones

Hang on is $2 now the minimum or a second tier?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

It will be the minimum required amount to subscribe from January.
FemalePheromones

That's cool no changes for me then.
FemalePheromones

Just thought it was worth mentioning that what I thought is actually incorrect.

The original $1 tier has not become the new $2 tier.

I had assumed that the $1 tier had become the $2 tier and as I was already contributing $2 per month that I wouldn't have to change anything. This isn't the case, I just checked the page and I was still subscribed to the 'inactive' $1 tier and had to opt for the new $2 tier instead.

It might be worth making an announcement or something explaining this to save any confusion.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Ah, cheers for letting us know. I was wondering about this myself the other day and now I know. We'll definitely put reminders out for people to double-check their Patreon subs before the next volume starts.
FemalePheromones

No problem. I assume if you had just upped the original tier to $2 then everyone only paying $1 would get a notification saying they need to raise their subscription and prevent any confusion.

However I think the way you have done it is probably better because people that are unaware of the change can check the page and see what's happening rather than feeling like they are having a cost increase forced upon them out of nowhere.