June 2020 podcast

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

June 2020 podcast

Post by JaySevenZero »

Another month passes by and once again we offer up another two hours of us waffling on about games, a Netflix show, more games, a question answered by the crew and some (spoiler-free) chatter about a game that involves homicidal mushroom people or something.

End snippet of tune:

Evidently Chickentown by John Cooper Clarke

https://www.patreon.com/posts/exclusive-for-38802723
Alex79

Re: June 2020 podcast

Post by Alex79 »

I've not played it yet, but it was interesting to hear about all the different difficulty settings in TLOU2. I don't know if either of you played it, but Shadow Of The Tomb Raider did something similar, albeit on a smaller scale, a couple of years ago. You could individually change the difficulty of combat, climbing and puzzle mechanics. It gave great versatility if you wanted, say, to knock the combat down to easy, but keep the puzzles more difficult. The climbing settings were interesting too, lowering the difficulty made the route more obvious, splashed with paint etc or made ledges more prominent.

It's something I hope more games take note of in the future, anyway.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

The 3 part Japan thing on National Geographic is very good I've just finished watching that myself.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Alex79uk wrote: July 4th, 2020, 5:26 pm It's something I hope more games take note of in the future, anyway.
I'm sure they will, there's definitely a concerted effort being made by both Sony and Microsoft in this regard.
DomsBeard wrote: July 5th, 2020, 1:35 pm The 3 part Japan thing on National Geographic is very good I've just finished watching that myself.
It was! Although we were a little miffed that it didn't spend much time on Shikoku, especially around Kochi since there's a beautiful castle and grounds there.
stvnorman

Post by stvnorman »

I felt bad that you’d had no feedback on the Scramble and Gradius podcast, so just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it! Big fan of original Scramble and various VIC-20 versions, but apart from playing a bit of Nemesis on the Spectrum that’s about it for me in the series. Great to hear opinions on some old favourites, but also get an education on the rest too!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thanks, Steve!