December 2020

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
ratsoalbion
Admin

Volume 10 announcement date

Post by ratsoalbion »

29.12.2020*

As with last year's Volume 9 announcement, Leon and Jay will be going through the entire roster of games for Volume 10 of the Cane and Rinse podcast in the next monthly show, to be released at some point on 29th December 2020.

*For Patreon supporters
Jobobonobo

Re: Volume 10 announcement date

Post by Jobobonobo »

Fantastic, can't wait. Glad you are sticking to this formula, makes the reveals a lot more exciting!
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

To paraphrase my nephew, only 4 more sleeps.

With my change in routine due to you know what, I've been listening to less podcasts, so I'm about 5 regular shows, 3 console specials and many sounds of play behind. It makes me appreciate more the ridiculous amount of content you and the team make, especially Jay and Ryan on editing most (all?) of it.

So thanks for all your good work and I can't wait for the list and next year.
BadgerCatcher

Post by BadgerCatcher »

Epic year, gents! 2021 is looking like an absolute cracker.
I'd also just like to shout out Jay for his sneaky edit on the Super Mario Odyssey episode!
Those last 4 seconds caught me off guard in the best way.

Hahaha - as pointed out by ratsoalbion, it was actually Ryan's edit! So hats off to him rather.
Sorry Jay.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

That’s a Ryan edit, the cheeky scamp!
Loopoo

Post by Loopoo »

Really excited for this. Loved the reveal last year.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hope the volume excites you lot as it did for me when I saw it.
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

Hardly listened to any podcasts or played any games for the last few months, but really looking forward to this one and catching up with what I've missed from Vol 9, too.

Edit: There needs to be a Patreon subforum on here to talk about this...

Some belters already! :twisted:
JaySevenZero
Admin

December 2020

Post by JaySevenZero »

In this, the last monthly for the year that was 2020, we talk Christmas, rice cookers, Star Wars, and The Dark Crystal.

Oh, and which games we're gonna be covering for Volume 10!

Thank you for your ongoing support and please enjoy!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/exclusive-for-45555448
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Marlew wrote: December 29th, 2020, 3:51 pm There needs to be a Patreon subforum on here to talk about this...
There is! ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Interesting selection for next year - some cool deep cuts in there. Fewer games I've played than last year, but some I'm definitely hoping to play along with - none more so than Jesse's pick. That's a genre I fell in love with as a kid and would spend hours playing those games.
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

JaySevenZero wrote: December 30th, 2020, 11:23 am
Marlew wrote: December 29th, 2020, 3:51 pm There needs to be a Patreon subforum on here to talk about this...
There is! ;)
Hehe. A private one though so I can say hey what about X, Y and Z wooo!
seansthomas

Re: December 2020

Post by seansthomas »

Great selection for 2021. Can't wait for them to begin!
chase210

Post by chase210 »

I don’t eat rice much but I found myself looking for rice cookers after this episode.
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

Cool thread on how rice cookers work. Really clever https://mobile.twitter.com/krishashok/s ... 5883624448
Suits

Post by Suits »

Incredible list of games this year guys, really very well done on selecting such a banger of a list.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Suits wrote: January 7th, 2021, 11:49 am Incredible list of games this year guys, really very well done on selecting such a banger of a list.
:D
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Regarding the list, will just say for now that while there is a lot this volume I am not too familiar with, the few that I have personally experienced played huge parts in my gaming history and I am really looking forward to you guys covering them.

Also, without spoiling anything, I think Jay is wrong for saying that listeners would drop off if you focused heavily on that particular series for a volume or two. Not least because there are some absolute classics in said series but also even the less so good ones have a lot of stuff to discuss around them. But yeah, the lows are really abysmal, I'll give him that.

Onto non list topics briefly:

Am I the only one who thinks Episode 1 racer is not so bad? No F-Zero but I found it a bit of a laugh. Could also be me having complete apathy towards Star Wars as a series and just enjoying it at the time because speedy pods go zoom and not caring about the characters or lore surrounding said speedy pods.

In regards to demos, I have to disagree on them not affecting purchasing decisions. It was because of the demo that I decided to buy Nier Automata, a decision I do not regret in the slightest. Also with a lot of new demos allowing you to continue from when the demo ends when you buy the full game allows demos to be larger and show off far more of the mechanics found in the full game than back in the PS1 days. Recent examples of such demos include Wonderful 101, Dragon Quest XI and Trials of Mana. Definitely going to be checking out the full versions in the next few months due to their great demos. So I think demos do have an important part to play in getting people interested in titles.