June 2021

Here's where you can leave us any comments, questions and feedback for our exclusive Patreon feed podcasts
JaySevenZero
Admin

June 2021

Post by JaySevenZero »

If you've been on the lookout for a three plus hour podcast which covers all the important topics such as what the f**k is Salad Cream?! The different ways to whisk powdered desserts and whether or not Jay has finally got a new bloody rice cooker or not? Then look no further we have you covered!

We also make a valiant attempt to get through a whole bunch of the questions from you kind folks posed from several months ago.

Enjoy!

https://www.patreon.com/caneandrinse
Kal_Luke

Re: June 2021

Post by Kal_Luke »

I’m going shopping tomorrow and I’ll definitely be picking up some salad cream.

Have you (Jay and Leon) used any of the game streaming services? I haven’t used Stadia but I have used GeForce Now, PS Now and Xcloud. It’s been a good handheld experience streaming ray-traced games on a modded switch.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Re: the Bloodborne comics, I've read some and they're OK, not amazing but decent if you enjoyed the game. They're set in the same world and feature familiar characters, but the ones I read were a separate story. Not sure if any of them follow the games story.

There are Dark Souls comics too, but I think the BB ones are probably slightly better. The DS ones don't follow the story of the game either.
JCVanDan

Post by JCVanDan »

Hi guys, I know this is a bit out of date and I'm sorry to bring up Darren's Diddygate masturbation story again but I just wanted to show some solidarity. I have my own sordid video game related tale of a first encounter with Madame Palm and her 5 lovely daughters. I must be a similar age to Darren because while he was becoming aroused by cartoon gorillas, it was something altogether more sexier that was girding a fire in my loins. Yes it was Championshop Manager 97/98. To this day I still get hot under the collar at talk of football related spreadsheet shenanigans. For years that game was inextricably intertwined with the Catholic guilt and shame I felt after that first experience.

Aside from that really weird story, I have a couple of very minor nitpicks. First, how come the patreon feed only has the last few years worth of podcasts on? I'm assuming it's because that's when you started the patreon feed, but it's a little annoying to maintain 2 feeds on my podcast app. I like to listen to the old ones a lot and have to jump between the 2 feeds. Second, every time I look at the non-patreon feed I'm jealous that the patreon feed doesn't have Jay's very pretty new covers on the episode images!

Minor nitpicks aside, the last of us 2 podcast was another all time great. A fantastic discussion about a divisive game, up there with your chat about Arkham City during the BLM protests last year. I have to say though I really couldn't wrap my head around Thomas's gripes about the violence/tone of the game. It seemed like he was saying 'I don't like these sorts of stories so I don't think they should exist'. This is an absurd stance to take in my opinion, if you don't like stories like that, just don't play them!

p.s. Salad Cream is for winners, get it on a sausage butty it'll change your life