Resident Evil 4 (Biohazard 4) - Cane and Rinse 336

Archive for issues 301 - 350
ratsoalbion
Admin

Resident Evil 4 (Biohazard 4) - Cane and Rinse 336

Post by ratsoalbion » September 24th, 2018, 6:09 pm

“You don’t seriously think a conservative mind can chart a new course for the world, do you?”

For the first time ever – as we continue our run through the mainline Resident Evil games – we give a game a second Cane and Rinse podcast treatment. 13 years on from its release and seven years since we last reviewed, it, Capcom’s hugely well reviewed Resident Evil 4 comes under the microscope once again. Leon, Karl, Leah and Sean are your panel this time around as we pick up some of the elements that we missed in our first show, including the critical adaptive difficulty working behind the scenes. Of course the current Cane and Rinse community also gets its say on this mostly adored – but certainly not by everyone – action horror.

Music used in this issue:

1. Serenity by Misao Senbongi/Shusaku Uchiyama
2. Krauser by Misao Senbongi/Shusaku Uchiyama

Cane and Rinse 336 was edited by Jay Taylor.

Each issue of The Cane and Rinse podcast is available a week early through our Patreon for just $1 a month

You can subscribe using iTUNES or use our RSS FEED, or you can just simply DOWNLOAD IT HERE instead.

Stanshall

Re: Resident Evil 4 (Biohazard 4) - Cane and Rinse 336

Post by Stanshall » September 24th, 2018, 7:08 pm

Absolutely monster show, listened a couple of times in the past week and really enjoyed it. KSub's contributions were particularly ace but lots of cool insights and little stories from all the panel and forum folk.

Sean

Post by Sean » September 25th, 2018, 12:12 pm

Wow, thanks man!

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » September 25th, 2018, 8:34 pm

A podcast befitting of the game it covered. I wasn’t really sure how you would integrate the feedback on the forum but you nailed it. Spreading ksub’s longform contribution throughout the episode as you covered each facet was inspired.

Compared to the early resident evil 4 episode this is a more mature and polished piece which demonstrates how much the team has progressed and how skilled you have all become.

Well done. I’m proud to be a subscriber/Patreon etc.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 25th, 2018, 9:56 pm

Simonsloth wrote:
September 25th, 2018, 8:34 pm
A podcast befitting of the game it covered. I wasn’t really sure how you would integrate the feedback on the forum but you nailed it. Spreading ksub’s longform contribution throughout the episode as you covered each facet was inspired.

Compared to the early resident evil 4 episode this is a more mature and polished piece which demonstrates how much the team has progressed and how skilled you have all become.

Well done. I’m proud to be a subscriber/Patreon etc.
Thanks - very kind!

We’ve been doing the interspersing correspondence thing for quite a while now though, when and where appropriate.

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » September 26th, 2018, 5:28 am

I know but this particular game had more responses than usual and the way you did it felt very professional and considered.
Great work!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 26th, 2018, 8:51 am

Cheers - and thanks to all of you for such great input.

It does take many, many hours of both preparation and editing for these shows to come out like they do.

KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 » September 26th, 2018, 11:16 am

I'd be interested to know if a single panel and/or community member tried the Dr. Salvador challenge that I laid out in the other thread.