Shameless Self Promotion

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Pitwar

Shameless Self Promotion

Post by Pitwar »

I thought I'd start a thread to promote things that the members may be involved in that could do with some plugging. I hope that's ok?

Every Sunday evening between 6 and 8, I present a radio show for an online station called Puritans Radio. My show is called The Sunday Night Geek, and I talk about all things in pop culture, with comics and games being the forefront due to them being my main passions. I also play a bunch of different music from many different eras and genres.

I'm currently averaging around 2000 listeners each week, but would obviously love more. So if you're at a loose end on a Sunday evening, please tune in and get involved. There's a couple of ways to listen that I would recommend, either via the website at www.puritansradio.com, or via the Tune In Radio app on your smart phone / TV.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Shameless Self Promotion

Post by JaySevenZero »

Just had a look at the website - Ah! so that's what you look like!

I'll try and give it a listen the next time you're on.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

JaySevenZero wrote:Ah! so that's what you look like!
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

Thankfully Leon has found a pic of the station manager, rather than my boyish good looks :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Cool, I'll check that out :)

Here's my band - https://www.facebook.com/ParkinLotBand/?ref=hl

Been playing with them about 6 years although they've been going under one guise or another for almost 20. We had to get a new singer last year since the singer and drummer were married, now they're not so much...! The new singer is definitely better though, so good times all round. Well, as far as the band is concerned.... :D

Don't know if this'll work or not but here's a video of a Fleetwood Mac cover - https://www.facebook.com/ParkinLotBand/ ... =3&theater
Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

If you ever want any of your bands stuff playing on the radio let me know. I'd be more than happy to do so.
keithmcnally

Post by keithmcnally »

I'm new to the forums, but a longtime listener. I'm gonna shamelessly promote a book I just released, if that's cool!

I wrote a long, looong book about The Last Of Us. It started as a writing project that just never stopped. I love the in-depth deep-dives that Cane & Rinse do -- There's even a Cane & Rinse reference in the book, which my editor thought was a typo. Haha! Anyway, if anyone's looking for a free video game book to read, check it out! Thanks for letting me shill so shamelessly.

http://www.keithcourage.com/tlou/
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Pitwar wrote:If you ever want any of your bands stuff playing on the radio let me know. I'd be more than happy to do so.
I missed this at the time, sorry! Thank you for the offer :)
Craig

Post by Craig »

I said in the new year's resolutions topic that I wanted to polish up and expand my famicom chiptune pieces and release them as an EP, and the time has come!

Please enjoy my debut EP, Windmills at Dawn.

https://windmillsatdawn.bandcamp.com/

It's free to stream, track 3 is downloadable for free and the whole thing can be yours forever for the price of a cup of coffee. I'm really happy with how it turned out.

I'm also using this venture to showcase my services for chiptune work to show to anyone who has projects (such as games or podcasts) that would fit the style. I've also had my first commission based on this which has recently been given the greenlight on steam! It's a retro styled platformer very much in the style of the old Castlevania games.

Trailer featuring my music here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25A8EFMPeAs
And demo here - https://radcroc.itch.io/lament

If you enjoy my work, follow me on Twitter @WindmilllsAtDawn and if you have any projects that could use some 8 bit music, get in touch!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

You wanna come on Sound of Play?
Craig

Post by Craig »

That would be wonderful. Send me a DM and we'll work something out.
The_reviewist

Post by The_reviewist »

Hi folks, I've been a long time listener and occasional contributor here, and I thought I'd just drop a link to the movie review podcast that me and a mate began recording last year.
We've been looking at various films that have come out and try to have a somewhat spoilerific but fun "Square Go" at them.

If anyone wants to check them out you can subscribe on iTunes here: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the ... 1151391236
and we also have a FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/SquareGoPodCast/
and a YouTube Channel: Square Go Podcast where we upload some cutdown versions of the reviews in a video format.

Cheers everyone!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Hello! It's been a year and a half or so since I released my first EP up there in earlier in this topic, and I thought I'd do a little update on how things are going. Also, I've got something to self promote and I am shameless.

First things first - Daybreak - the follow up EP! 5 brand spanking new tracks. Absolutely free to stream and download, but if you want to chip in it's obviously appreciated.

Listening to this new one side by side with my first EP and I'm really happy with how far I've came along. Without wanting to toot my own horn too much, these newer tracks are much more realised and have a much more even flow to them. It's still all within the limits of the NES, so if anyone has an NES flash cart and wants to put these to the test I'll gladly send over the files.

As for music in actual games, I've done a handful of soundtracks (some of which are available for free on the bandcamp page) with my biggest probably being Salaryman Suzuki-san. Exciting stuff on the horizon though - a game I've contributed a track to and created all the sound effects for will shortly be submitted to the apple and android store. My first mobile game! Next goal - Switch!

I've also been building up a healthy playlist of 8 bit covers of game music I think is neat which I've compiled into an easy playlist here. On that note, I've also started to expand past only using 8 bit and entered into the realm of virtual instruments, which you can see in my cover of a Kamiko song which was originally chiptune but now a full band.

In between all of that, I've made music for podcasts and there are currently 4 different casts that are using my music on a regular basis. Writing 30 second songs is a lot harder than it sounds!

I've put together a site to keep track of all my projects, which can be found here. There are a few things I've made that are still under wraps though, so watch this space!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Craig wrote: August 10th, 2018, 10:37 am First things first - Daybreak - the follow up EP!
Dude, is the EP cover the sun coming up over those Rice Fields that you often document on Twitter ?!?

Great tunes too, Wicker is banger. Reminds me of something from Contra.

Good work, keep it up 8-) .
Craig

Post by Craig »

Good catch, Suits! That is the ricefield I often put on Twitter. It's right by my house/work so sometimes I catch really nice moments.
Spoiler: show
But it's actually a sunset not a sunrise but don't spread it around oh god my lies are all unravelling
Thanks very much for the kind words of encouragement and download!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

I realise that there aren't many (any) other Brighton & Hove Albion fans on here, but if you want to hear what I get up to on Saturday mornings (LIVE by the way), you can now catch up on YouTube:

You can listen live wherever you are at 11am (UK) on Saturdays here: http://1btn.fm/
Or DAB, the TuneIn App or 101.4FM
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

I’ll be at EGX this year representing cane and rinse in two podcast panels.

Retro Asylum and Honourable Mentions. The former being a retro game challenge across 4/5 games with some good podcast names to compete against (David Turners for one)

If you see me say hello! I’ll be wearing the shameless self promoting t-shirt and a sea of thieves hoodie
Suits

Post by Suits »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I hope no-one minds but I'll put the link to a little blog I've put together where I've been putting some of the bits I've written about games I've been playing or things I've been into.

The pieces on there are pieces I've posted on here, however some of you have mentioned that you've enjoyed them, so I thought I'd set up a little blog.

A little place to keep them for myself if you like.

I'm not particularly worried if no-one really reads it, profess to be any good at it or want to be famous, - I just enjoy going through the process of playing games, thinking about them, and occasionally putting some words down about them (If I think I have something I want to say about them), its fun.

Anyway, cheers.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

https://retrospecticuss.blogspot.com
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Ooh, nice! Bookmarked and looking forward to future updates. :)

Is it difficult to set up that kind of thing, btw?
Suits

Post by Suits »

KSubzero1000 wrote: November 30th, 2018, 8:20 pm Ooh, nice! Bookmarked and looking forward to future updates. :)

Is it difficult to set up that kind of thing, btw?
Cool man, cheers.

Nope, real easy, piece of cake.

I looked about at different services but blogger seemed the best free host.