The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome!
Kal_Luke

Post by Kal_Luke »

Hi, I’m Luke.
Thanks for helping get me through working from home.
Great content. Easily worth £2 a month. I saw in a review of the podcast, Leon described as the ‘Melvyn Bragg’ of video games. I had had this thought myself and I think Cane and Rinse could definitely be the ‘In Our Times’ of our times.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ha! Hi Luke.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Truk_Kurt wrote: January 30th, 2021, 9:46 am Welcome Gadget. for those that don't know he also hosts the great podcast Modern Escapism which you should check out. Lots of fun topics get covered beyond just games.
I've been admiring the recent instagram artwork for the podcast - will definitely check out the podcast.
Eterno

Post by Eterno »

Hey guys, Eterno here. Started listening to your podcast about a month ago and thought it was absolutely worth 2$ a month, so here I am. You really remind me of the good old videogames magazines with 12 pages review or in-depth analysis. Absolutely love it!

As for myself, I'm French and started playing back when I was around 3 or 4 years old on my brother's MO5. Remember learning numbers and colors with a game on the system. Never stopped playing since and now I'm 35. I've been living in Japan for 14 years now though it's not really related to videogames.
The household was SEGA only (for whatever reason my mum would only agree to buy SEGA, said the specs were better), then I became an Xbox fan, though I also had the Playstation systems to play all my RPGs. Only really got into the Nintendo systems from the Wii U and now Switch. Huge MMO player since the days of Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot.
Hope I can bring some of my gaming experiences to your discussions. In the meantime, thank you for the awesome work.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome Eterno! Thanks for your support.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello!
Kodama1987

Post by Kodama1987 »

Hi all,

I joined the forum and posted on the xenoblade chronicles thread last night. I've never been one for posting on forums, or social media for that matter but felt it was time to dip my toe in and why not with that game.

I've been listening to the main podcast for the last 3-4 years now. I've listened to the entire back catalogue. Some issues have led me to play games i otherwise intended to leave well alone. I joined in on the sound of play podcast over a year ago starting with issue 1 and I am currently listening to leon talk about the the music in vagrant story in issue 189. Once caught up i can't decide between playwrite or the sausage factory to fill the gap. The end goal being listening to cane and rinse content as it's release. Including the patreon monthly exclusives (I spent 5 hours researching rice cookers because of that. Thanks Jay).

Keep up the awesome content and if you could add it to the big list, though i suspect it's already on there....Skies of Arcadia.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome, Kodama.

SoA is indeed on the big list. A rerelease/remaster on current machines would make it a more appealing candidate however.
Jon Cheetham

Post by Jon Cheetham »

Hello Kodama! Like the kodama in your profile pic, too!
Tolkientaters

Post by Tolkientaters »

Hello, I've been listening to this podcast and supporting on Patreon for a while and just wanted to get involved with the forums.

I'm James a 25 year old guy in the USA, I irresponsibly own every platform and my favorite game is Bloodborne. I didn't grow up gaming, so I've been playing a lot of catch up and Cane and Rinse has certainly helped with that.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi James, welcome along!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Tolkientaters wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:55 am Hello, I've been listening to this podcast and supporting on Patreon for a while and just wanted to get involved with the forums.

I'm James a 25 year old guy in the USA, I irresponsibly own every platform and my favorite game is Bloodborne. I didn't grow up gaming, so I've been playing a lot of catch up and Cane and Rinse has certainly helped with that.
Hello!

Bloodborne is fantastic, so you're off to a great start there. I just started a NG+ the other night, and it's still as brilliant as it was 5 years ago for sure.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello! What's your favorite Dark Souls?
Marlew

Post by Marlew »

Welcome, Johnny!
Minowese

Post by Minowese »

Hello forum!

I’m new here. I went from playing console to PC recently...dusting off old Steam games and looking for something new. I’m currently kind of playing Kentucky Route Zero. I also plan on plugging my PS2 back in once I find the power adapter.

Thanks for having me.
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Tolkientaters wrote: April 23rd, 2021, 4:55 am Hello, I've been listening to this podcast and supporting on Patreon for a while and just wanted to get involved with the forums.

Welcome to the community James and I love the username ;) Taters are very tasty indeed, especially fried!

I need to play this legendary Bloodborne game at some point. I'm mainly on Xbox, but will probably get a PS4 in the future, because I need all the games.
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Eterno wrote: March 15th, 2021, 12:47 am Hey guys, Eterno here. Started listening to your podcast about a month ago and thought it was absolutely worth 2$ a month, so here I am. You really remind me of the good old videogames magazines with 12 pages review or in-depth analysis. Absolutely love it!

As for myself, I'm French and started playing back when I was around 3 or 4 years old on my brother's MO5. Remember learning numbers and colors with a game on the system. Never stopped playing since and now I'm 35. I've been living in Japan for 14 years now though it's not really related to videogames.
The household was SEGA only (for whatever reason my mum would only agree to buy SEGA, said the specs were better), then I became an Xbox fan, though I also had the Playstation systems to play all my RPGs. Only really got into the Nintendo systems from the Wii U and now Switch. Huge MMO player since the days of Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot.
Hope I can bring some of my gaming experiences to your discussions. In the meantime, thank you for the awesome work.
Hi Eterno and welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your time here!

I'm an Xbox fan too, what are you playing at the moment? I'm currently enjoying Apex Legends and Warframe on the Box!

Nice to meet another expat in Japan.
Eterno

Post by Eterno »

HaloFandango wrote: May 14th, 2021, 2:54 am Hi Eterno and welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your time here!

I'm an Xbox fan too, what are you playing at the moment? I'm currently enjoying Apex Legends and Warframe on the Box!

Nice to meet another expat in Japan, which prefecture are you living in if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently based in Tochigi :lol:
Hi Halo and thanks! Really appreciate the lack of drama here and the respectful exchange of opinions.

I recently started the Division 2 on the box, also going through the DLCs of Immortals: Fenyx Rising and logging in Avengers when a fun event is on. I'll drop my gamertag in the dedicated topic.

I used to be in Tokyo for 10 years or so but have been in Fukuoka for a year and half now. Tochigi is quite remote!
HaloFandango

Post by HaloFandango »

Eterno wrote: May 18th, 2021, 11:59 pm
HaloFandango wrote: May 14th, 2021, 2:54 am Hi Eterno and welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your time here!

Nice to meet another expat in Japan, which prefecture are you living in if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently based in Tochigi :lol:
Hi Halo and thanks! Really appreciate the lack of drama here and the respectful exchange of opinions.

I recently started the Division 2 on the box, also going through the DLCs of Immortals: Fenyx Rising and logging in Avengers when a fun event is on. I'll drop my gamertag in the dedicated topic.

I used to be in Tokyo for 10 years or so but have been in Fukuoka for a year and half now. Tochigi is quite remote!
Yeah, Cane and Rinse is one of those rare places where people can have a conversation with each other and actually disagree on topics without things getting nasty! 8-)

You'll have to let Jay (one of the main guys at Cane and Rinse) know in that case, as he is a huge Division 2 fan (he does play on Playstation, but I'm sure he can give you plenty of tips and tricks).

Oh, fantastic! Fukuoka was a lovely place when I visited a few years ago! Dazaifu shrine was incredible, very atmospheric (when it isn't too crowded) :) Tochigi is certainly remote, but if you love shimotsukare, we're good at making that. ;)