Your Forum Name/Gamer ID Origins

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Your Forum Name/Gamer ID Origins

Post by ratsoalbion »

richie_in_japan wrote:My name's Richard and I was living in Japan when I first made a PSN account. The underscores are because someone already had richieinjapan. A truly inspirational origin story.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

I've always been into playing cards and card tricks. Despite annoying my college friends years ago with constant 'take a card' requests, I got the nickname Magic Joe and it seems to have stuck around in various forms!
hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist »

Some great stories here.

Most people who chat to me for the first time online misread it and call me "hazard-mist", which has always baffled me.
Retrothumbs

Post by Retrothumbs »

Cool stuff Mr Hayes. I'm always playing retro games, generally. So I thought it very apt. Simple. :)
Suits

Post by Suits »

Extension of my surname (Suters), primarily from playing football, so Suits.

Back in 2006 when usernames started become a thing in my life, I needed one for my newly acquired Xbox 360 and Xbox Live, typed in Suits without thinking about it and it was done.

Pretty lucky by all accounts really, as it appears to be quite the popular monika, I've been asked a few times if I will sell it and often get PM's giving me props for it - odd, lol.
Sean

Post by Sean »

I've used the same online handle since I was an early teenager on AOL. It's a mix of songs from two of my favorite bands at that time: Fear Factory ("Zero Signal") and Type O Negative ("Xero Tolerance").
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

Only just discovered this thread and there's some great stuff here!

I'm American, but I live in Nicaragua and "gallo pinto" (pronounced guy-o-peen-toe) is the staple food of most Nicaraguans. It's just rice and beans that are cooked together, but I really like it. Now I'm just waiting for Sony to allow us to change PSN names so that my super generic "FallenAgent0" can switch to "gallo_pinto" as well.
MauricioMM

Post by MauricioMM »

Mine is no-brainer: it’s my first name plus the initials of my last names (we hispanics use both of our parent’s last names).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Sean wrote:I've used the same online handle since I was an early teenager on AOL. It's a mix of songs from two of my favorite bands at that time: Fear Factory ("Zero Signal") and Type O Negative ("Xero Tolerance").
Just noticed this - I loved (well, ok, still do) Type O Negative. I saw them on their final tour in Birmingham, the only band I've ever seen bottled off stage by their own fans. A truly abysmal performance. But still, poor Pete :(
Sean

Post by Sean »

Alex79uk wrote:
Sean wrote:I've used the same online handle since I was an early teenager on AOL. It's a mix of songs from two of my favorite bands at that time: Fear Factory ("Zero Signal") and Type O Negative ("Xero Tolerance").
Just noticed this - I loved (well, ok, still do) Type O Negative. I saw them on their final tour in Birmingham, the only band I've ever seen bottled off stage by their own fans. A truly abysmal performance. But still, poor Pete :(
Oh wow, what happened at the show!?
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

They came on two hours late, didn't play any full songs, just kept stopping and literally laughing at the audience, they got out a little camcorder and started filming the audience all booing at them, and people started chucking their (plastic) glasses of drink at them. I think the full set was under an hour, with 6 or 7 songs half played. We left before the 'encore' which wasn't really an encore because everyone was just booing haha. There is a video on YouTube of them starting Black no.1 where you see glasses come flying, and Pete is saying 'sorry, we deserve it' etc. I'll see if I can find it now. I wrote a post on their official forum saying how poor the show was and basically got a stream of abuse from 'real fans' (I've been listening to them since Bloody Kisses was released) saying I didn't get it, and they were trolling the audience. Ok, whatever, but it cost me £25!

Apparently about half that UK tour (which was only about 7 or 8 shows) were like that, and the other half they played brilliantly! I've got a DVD of them at Bizarrefest a few years previously, and it's amazing. Shame, but it was said Pete's health was really suffering at that time (ie. I think, back on the heroin) and then he died not too long after which was sad. They were such a brilliant band. Just played the worst gig I've ever been too!

EDIT - check this out, once they start it's not bad, but the first 30 seconds man...

https://youtu.be/_e1Jkh-LHU8
skidoosh

Post by skidoosh »

My handle, zGoNaDz was derived from the Latin gonas. I was attacked and pleased at the successful acquisition of this handle because I'm a MASSIVE, MASSIVE dick head.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

:lol: