Comics forum?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Comics forum?

Post by Alex79 »

Can anyone recommend a good, well populated comics forum? I have been looking for one to join, but there are literally thousands across the internet. I thought it might be a good idea to go with the user forum of a widely used comic reader like Comic Rack, but that particular one doesn't seem to have a great deal of activity on it. Just thought I'd ask here if there are any that C&R users could recommend?

Thanks!
arry_g

Re: Comics forum?

Post by arry_g »

Alex79uk wrote:Can anyone recommend a good, well populated comics forum? I have been looking for one to join, but there are literally thousands across the internet. I thought it might be a good idea to go with the user forum of a widely used comic reader like Comic Rack, but that particular one doesn't seem to have a great deal of activity on it. Just thought I'd ask here if there are any that C&R users could recommend?

Thanks!
I'm sorry to say I don't. If you find any though, please let me know - as a massive comics fan it'd be nice to find a decent community forum.
KissMammal

Post by KissMammal »

I've been a member of the 2000adonline.com forum for many years - they're a very friendly, helpful and creative - if occasionally ever so slightly curmudgeonly - bunch. A fair few board members are active in the small-press comics scene, and a few have even gone on to professional comics careers. There are a few oddballs here and there (as I suspect is the norm for most forums) but outright trolls/loudmouths/nutters aren't tolerated and don't stick around long. I've had some really positive experiences being involved in the community there - the highlight being personally namechecked in the recent Dredd movie (my screen name appears as graffiti in the background of one scene) and being invited to see the film at an advance screening with cast and crew in attendance.

As the board is primarily devoted to 2000ad and Judge Dredd it might be a little too specific for what you're after, though it's worth saying that pretty much anything comics-wise (and most things genre - TV, movies and games) are up for discussion - though there's obviously somewhat of a UK bias, so comics by British creators (esp ex-2000ad alumni) and British sci fi like Doctor Who tend to get more attention. I'd say discussion also tends to skew more towards non-superhero comics (Image/Vertigo/indies), though there are certainly superhero fans there.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

2000AD is the foundation for modern British comics bar none so it's pedigree stands undisputed.

I think the problem with some comics forums is that they tend to be specific to certain types of comics, which is one of the reasons I've never frequented them myself. My own taste encompasses everything from manga, underground, indie along with the usual big American publishings and they idea of having a separate forum for each type feels kinda redundant.