Anyone know much about ripping audio from video etc?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Anyone know much about ripping audio from video etc?

Post by Alex79 »

Hi!

Basically, I'd like to rip the audio from this show, then chop it up in to individual mp3 files. I've done things like this in the past, using 3 or 4 different applications to complete the process, but that was maybe ten years ago. I wondered if there has been anything released more recently that will allow me to do it much quicker and easier?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_xYs1pqJNA

Like I said, I'd like to rip the audio to mp3 then chop it up to songs. If anyone is able to offer any advice that'd be great, thanks!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: Anyone know much about ripping audio from video etc?

Post by JaySevenZero »

There are browser plugins that I'd use to extract audio from YouTube. However, Google blocked their functionality recently (understandable I guess) and since I was mostly using Chrome it was a pain. The best one I found to replace those before works with Firefox and is called:

YouTube Video and Audio Downloader 0.4.4.1 by InBasic
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Audacity is still the best free audio editor around to chop things up once you've ripped (as far as I know).
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Thanks both, I'll investigate!
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

magicjoef wrote:Audacity is still the best free audio editor around to chop things up once you've ripped (as far as I know).
You can also use audacity to record the audio, it would involve a bit of tinkering, but you can choose your input source.
Select that as the output from your soundcard, hit record, then play the video, bit of a long-winded way of doing it.