My Community Hiatus

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
arry_g

My Community Hiatus

Post by arry_g »

I have been debating whether or not to make a post, as people don't need to know my problems. They have their own. I opted to speak up and say something though as both a means of venting and so that the community knows that I am absent not out of choice but out of necessity.

The past month or so a lot has gone on, my dad become quite sick meaning that my wife and I were short of child care on occasion and became forced to work from home. This in itself was stressful but more recently my wife was admitted into hospital after a series of seizures - she is still there and we still are no closer to finding out the reason she is having them. One day she had thirty of the things. So, as it stands I am working, visiting my wife, raising my child and managing the home - to make things a little worse, I don't drive - always either didn't have the money or the time.

We live fifteen miles from the hospital so I am relying on lifts and occasionally a train. As my wife's work only offers statuary sick pay and nothing as part of their employment package we are pretty broke. I am having to look elsewhere for extra work (adding to the stress) to try and raise money so that when she is back from hospital, I can get driving as fast as possible - naturally this is exhausting me and it means I am visiting my wife less than I would like and I worry it is only so long until all this becomes a problem with my employer also... but, I need to not focus on that lest I fall victim to stress and anxiety issues as I did earlier this year. Realised my provisional licence ran out this morning, found out renewing that is ninety pounds... paid it but am desperately hoping the gas bill isn't too high this month or I am going to have to find quite a bit of extra work this month and hope it pays fast. Programming jobs don't always.

Anyway, my point is - there's a lot on (there are a few bits I've not mentioned too lest I sound whiney) and so I'm not really getting a chance to write much, or visit forums. I've been playing a bit of Rogue Legacy and Spelunky before bed but for once games just don't seem important. I feel guilty when I play one, feel guilty when I have fun. So, that's why I've not been about for a bit and why my visits to the forum will be limited for a while longer.

I wish you all good times and hope to be able to debate with you all why E3 is overrated, why Final Fantasy VIII is better than VII and why it is ethical to steal your parents cigarettes to buy Pokémon games soon.

Miss you all.
Aaron
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: My Community Hiatus

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hey Arry, sorry to hear what an incredibly tough time you're having.

We're here for you if and when you need us but of course there's never any pressure to write for us or post.

If there's anything I can do to support you you have my email address.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Sorry to hear this, I hope you get through it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

*super hugs*

Miss you arry! Best wishes.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

All the best mate, hope things start looking up for you sooner rather than later.
The_Rooster

Post by The_Rooster »

Hope things start picking up soon. Sounds like a really tough time. All the best.
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

I hope these hard times pass quickly man,stay strong.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Sorry to read this Arry, I hope things find a way to improve for both you and yours as soon as possible.
magicjoef

Post by magicjoef »

Sorry to hear that Arry, good luck with everything. We'll still be here when things straighten out a bit for you :)
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

I am back!
Todinho

Post by Todinho »

Welcome back!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello! Hope everything is all ok with you.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Welcome back too! :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

arry_g wrote:I am back!
:)
Beck

Post by Beck »

:)
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

Thanks guys! I'm away with the family next week but I should gradually start posting like normal and submitting content again very soon. Good to be back :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Good to have you back!