New phone?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

New phone?

Post by Alex79 »

I'm due an upgrade next week, and I'm currently using a HTC One (M7) which I've loved. I know the new HTC isn't out until March, but does anyone know what the best (Android) phone around at the moment is?

I've only used Android for the last couple of years after switching from iPhone, but I like it a whole lot more and would like to stay with it I think, which means the HTC is the only Android phone I've ever had. Do the Samsungs compare well with them? Phones isn't really something I know much about, but I'd still like to get the best for my money if I can.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)
Beck

Re: New phone?

Post by Beck »

My girlfriend updated her phone a couple months back, she uses a lot of memory for music and pictures so she needed a phone with a lot of memory. We couldn't justrify the extra costs that Samsung and especially Apple charge for internal memory so started looking at phones with the option of adding SD Cards. The new samsungs don't support SD cards so we were left with HTC, LG and Sony out of the big brands. She ruled out HTC after having a terrible time with one of their previous models, the LG had good reviews but we couldn't find one in a store to try out. The sony won, not because it was the only alternative but mainly because they review well, they are relatively cheap, the camera is good, it supports SD cards and the walkman app is really good for music.

She went with the Z3 compact over the Z5 compact because the difference between the two didn't warrant the price increase, you can also get a Z3 and Z5 that are about the same size and iphone 6+.