Other podcast recommendations

This is the place where you can confab about all the other stuff besides videogames.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Other podcast recommendations

Post by ratsoalbion » September 20th, 2018, 5:07 pm

😭

Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth » September 20th, 2018, 5:48 pm

I have amended my massive whopper of an error. I understand if this is grounds for exclusion from the forum;)

I blame typing on an iPhone on a busy train so Apple autocorrect got the better of me.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 20th, 2018, 5:53 pm

I'll let it slide just this once.
;)

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » September 22nd, 2018, 10:22 am

I have to say that I'm quite a big fan of Gareth Dutton's Making Games is Fun podcast. It's one of those 'casts that make me want to up our own game since it's so good in what it does, which is a series of interviews with developers and others from within the industry.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » September 22nd, 2018, 10:44 am

Fortunate then we have The Sausage Factory incoming!

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » October 8th, 2018, 5:41 pm

Season Three of Serial has begun, it's a few weeks in now. If you're anything like most people, you loved season one, but bailed on season two. Just like me.

Anyway, season three is something different. It's a week by week look at the American justice system. They spent an entire year in a Cleveland court, and reported on what they found. I've only listened to the first episode but found it really interesting. Hope it keeps it up.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » October 10th, 2018, 5:28 am

Alex79uk wrote:
October 8th, 2018, 5:41 pm
Season Three of Serial has begun, it's a few weeks in now. If you're anything like most people, you loved season one, but bailed on season two. Just like me.

Anyway, season three is something different. It's a week by week look at the American justice system. They spent an entire year in a Cleveland court, and reported on what they found. I've only listened to the first episode but found it really interesting. Hope it keeps it up.
This is really good! Anyone listening? It's fascinating. I was unsure it would be as interesting being a different thing each week, but those worries really went away after even the first episode.

Chopper

Post by Chopper » October 10th, 2018, 6:50 am

God, how depressing is it? :lol:

I enjoyed both earlier series but didn't listen till the end.

JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero » January 4th, 2019, 3:49 pm

I tend to shy away from most game related podcasts unless they're made by developers themselves (the now defunct Game Factory podcast from Moo Yoo, Andrew Smith and Mike Bithell was a particular favourite). Recently I've been listening to The AIAS Game Maker's Notebook, which is a podcast featuring a series of in-depth, one-on-one conversations between game makers hosted for the most part by Ted Price, Founder & CEO of Insomniac Games and recently by co-founder of Funomena Robin Hunicke.

Genuinely fascinating conversations throughout but I found the one with one of the co-founders of Naughty Dog and now VP of Content at Oculus a particular highlight.

kintaris

Post by kintaris » January 4th, 2019, 4:03 pm

I have recently dived into the McElroy family's podcasting empire, and in my usual fashion I have absorbed about 500 episodes in the space of 5 months.

Their live-play DnD podcast The Adventure Zone is incredible. The Balance arc is DnD-lite, and evolves from a goofy improv comedy to one of the most genuinely satisfying pieces of fiction I've consumed in years. They've moved on to a Monster of the Week system involving strange occurrences in small-town West Virginia, giving the whole thing a great Buffy / Stranger Things vibe albeit with more slapstick.

My Brother, my Brother and Me is just a hilarious delight, a fake advice show with a surprising amount of good advice. And Sawbones is a fascinating and funny look at the strange things humanity has done in the name of medicine over the millennia.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » March 18th, 2019, 11:22 am

I've been listening to Off Menu, which is a podcast with James Acaster, where different celebrities describe their perfect meal. Sounds shit, but it works! It's actually pretty good.