Show Us Where You Game

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
hazeredmist

Re: Show Us Where You Game

Post by hazeredmist »

I'm gonna post some pics when I get chance.
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Chopper wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:41 am Moon is excellent; any similar or sci fi movie recommendations from the 2010s gratefully received.
Moon is a favorite. Another Earth was good. Ex Machina was fantastic. Also check out Monsters, Attack the Block, Under the Skin, Sunshine, Ad Astra, Annihilation, Midnight Special, District 9, The Martian, Arrival, Chronicle, Gravity, Edge of Tomorrow, Source Code, Primer...I guess I'm just listing movies now. I'm sure you've seen plenty of those as well.

Also, I need to clean my game space before I take it's picture...
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Thanks for the recommendations, folks. I will make a note.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

duskvstweak wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:13 pm
Chopper wrote: December 10th, 2019, 9:41 am Moon is excellent; any similar or sci fi movie recommendations from the 2010s gratefully received.
Moon is a favorite. Another Earth was good. Ex Machina was fantastic. Also check out Monsters, Attack the Block, Under the Skin, Sunshine, Ad Astra, Annihilation, Midnight Special, District 9, The Martian, Arrival, Chronicle, Gravity, Edge of Tomorrow, Source Code, Primer...I guess I'm just listing movies now. I'm sure you've seen plenty of those as well.

Great list!

I’d put Snowpiercer and Predestination on there too but otherwise pretty comprehensive
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Don't think clippa & I are destined to ever agree on anything. :(

I adore Gravity, would describe both Snowpiercer and Ex Machina as B-tier modern classics, and think Predestination is a lot better than it has any business being.

I would also second the recommendations of Sunshine and District 9 while we're at it. Sunshine in particular is a slow-paced thriller with very little action that I would classify under a similar category as Moon. Opinions vary widely when it comes to the third act, however.

Edge of Tomorrow is a perfectly serviceable action flick as well, although perhaps not quite as profound and revolutionary as some critics described it as in my opinion.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

How has the ‘show us where you game’ thread turned into a sci-fi films thread?

Also, can people please remember to try to not express their subjective opinions as though they are gospel?

This forum is moving away from the “echo chamber” that some have criticised it for being before (which may be welcome), but I am concerned that fewer and fewer people are posting as those with more strident and dogmatic takes begin to dominate every conversation. Like every other forum ever.
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

ratsoalbion wrote: December 11th, 2019, 12:51 pm How has the ‘show us where you game’ thread turned into a sci-fi films thread?
Really sorry about the derail. I think we got sidetracked after a Blu-Ray popped up in one of the pictures being posted.

I tried to offer my personal point of view on the films being cited, btw. Wasn't meant to be dogmatic.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

🥰
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Apologies.

Without derailing the thread further I’m going to have to disagree with everything you said in your last post Clippa but that’s my own personal opinion. You have yours and that’s fine.

———

My gaming setup is an untidy mess of wires in the living room. My wife hates it but I have a ps3, ps4, Xbox one, Wii and wiiu underneath it. They are stacked in manner that anyone with OCD or a sense of videogame preservation would be horrified by.

I can’t post it here for fear of Leon banning me for crimes against videogame preservation.

I’m currently sorting out my office so will at some point post photos of my shelves a la Ksub and out Metal Gear his collection:)
KSubzero1000

Post by KSubzero1000 »

Simonsloth wrote: December 11th, 2019, 1:54 pm I’m currently sorting out my office so will at some point post photos of my shelves a la Ksub and out Metal Gear his collection:)

Come at me, bro. :lol:
Spoiler: show
By all means, post away!
duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak »

Simonsloth wrote: December 11th, 2019, 10:34 am
duskvstweak wrote: December 10th, 2019, 4:13 pm

Great list!

I’d put Snowpiercer and Predestination on there too but otherwise pretty comprehensive
Eff. How did I forget Snowpiercer?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

It does sometimes feel like there’s only about 6 people posting on here anymore though.