Happy moments with strangers

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
dezm0nd

Happy moments with strangers

Post by dezm0nd »

RIght, I know this might sound a bit weird but does anyone else have random encounters with people which doesn't end up negatively? I've just been blown away by two ladies in their mid 60's (at a guess) and i'm a bit overwhelmed by it.

Our little girl Ivy loves these crocheted blankets but they're far too big to be carried whilst walking. These two ladies saw me, Ivy and my mum in a shop and were blown away by how Ivy was talking and generally giving off good vibes so they offered to make me a smaller one for free.

I've been looking for these people for about... 4 months now and only today did I bump into them (or rather she chased me down after I was breezing through town with a sleepy Ivy)

She's only had this new, smaller blanket in her bag all this time. I'm absolutely touched that two people I don't know have been worried about getting this blanket to Ivy absolutely free of charge and odours!

Life can be amazing at times and it's too easy to focus on the shit bits. What's your positive moment with people lately?
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Happy moments with strangers

Post by ratsoalbion »

Awww, nice!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

I tend to get a lot of these at the park when I've got the kids with me, just random acts of niceness, other children's parents pushing mine on the roundabout and telling their children to go gently because of the 'little boys' and stuff.

I also had someone flag me down the other day because I'd managed to drive off with my bag on the roof of my car. Most people are OK, it seems.

And yes, I edited my juvinile humour original post out of sheer displeasure with myself after it wouldn't let me delete it...
Suits

Post by Suits »

Kid's bring out the best in people man, I've witnessed it first hand and I'm convinced of it.

Also, it was as likely equally pleasurable for the two ladies, albeit in a different way.

Charity work, generosity, being friendly and doing what you can for people is one of the most wholesome feelings around.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

A really heartwarming story and what an act of kindness.

I can’t quite match that but many years ago I had someone sitting across from me on the train hand me the book they had just finished and said “someone gave this to me when they finished it and now Im handing it to you”. It was the first game of thrones book.

When I finished it I tried to give it to many people but they all looked at me strangely so I still have it. Maybe I should carry it around in my bag and keep trying.
Chopper

Post by Chopper »

Simonsloth wrote: October 11th, 2018, 8:06 pm When I finished it I tried to give it to many people but they all looked at me strangely so I still have it. Maybe I should carry it around in my bag and keep trying.
"Uh-oh. Don't look up, but here comes the Game of Thrones guy again". :lol: