Firestick/Chromecast etc

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Firestick/Chromecast etc

Post by Alex79 »

Hey - in the kids room they've used my old 360 to watch Netflix and YouTube etc, but we're looking at replacing it with a USB stick in the TV and don't have any experience with these.

Can anyone recommend a cheapish dongle that'll do Netflix, YouTube & iPlayer. If it also has the capacity to install more dodgy apps like Showbox etc all the better.

Do they all require external power? If any don't, that's a bonus but not essential. Just needs to be user friendly and have a decent WiFi range really, as well as the apps mentioned.

Thanks!
Alex79

Re: Firestick/Chromecast etc

Post by Alex79 »

Was looking at this one: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0791RGQW3/ ... lDb737X5YP

Only £20...
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

I've got a couple of these, very good. Easy to set up and install stuff. Easy to set up stuff not on the app store if you fancy. I put Retroarch on mine and it runs very well. I'm sure you can install Kodi and stuff like that, too.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Oh wow cool, Retroarch sounds awesome on there. Think it's a done deal, then!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Has anyone put the Sky Go app on their Firestick? You can't do it 'officially', but seems online it's easily doable. Sometimes guides are out of date though, just wondered if anyone has it running OK at the moment?