Band pimp - some videos if you like

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Band pimp - some videos if you like

Post by Alex79 »

I've been playing in this covers band for a couple of years, we only gig 4-5 times a year and tend to just mess around at practice for laughs most the time. Here are a few videos of us. They're all a little rough around the edges and full of mistakes / bum notes, but whatever.

This next one was the first time we tried it. Think it will be good with a bit more work. Lots of really silly mistakes. Oh yeah, didn't realise the camera wasn't pointing at anyone till it had finished recording, ha :

And this last one was a cover we wanted to do, but didn't want it to sound all country-fied so we rewrote the music. Also a first playthrough, needs a lot of work. It's too long, and the main riff is overused, but with a bit of a trim it should be ok :

EDIT : I should have said, I'm on bass, in case anyone was wondering!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Band pimp - some videos if you like

Post by ratsoalbion »

Nice thread idea. Will check the vids later.
Would love to see who else on the forum plays. I reckon laikamuttnik should post...
MrTingg

Post by MrTingg »

Really nice man, great stuff ;)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

My wife Chi (Laikamuttnik) is the drummer in a band but she felt a little shy about posting in the thread - so I'll do it for her! :twisted:

This is not an official video for their song but it is game related so it does the job!

And here's another couple of their tracks that I expect a few people on this forum might recognise.

and here's a live one.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Never heard of 'em.
LaikaMuttnik

Post by LaikaMuttnik »

ratsoalbion wrote:Never heard of 'em.
Ha! 8-)

Yea I am in that band as JaySevenZero wrote for me... :)
I mainly play the drums, but in a few tunes I also do a bit of vocals, keyboard, glockenspiel, melodica, typewriter... which are all good fun :lol:

I'd like to mention my older band here now though there's only a myspace page left with 3 tunes.
My drumming back then (2003-2004) was pretty elementary with little confidence, but in a way I'm most proud of this one, as it's my first band :D
BaRabica - http://www.myspace.com/barabica/

I also joined this band in late 2010, but it unfortunately faded out after a couple of gigs.
It's not me drumming in the tunes on this myspace page, but hope you enjoy them anyway :)
Adeline Vesta - http://www.myspace.com/adelinevesta