The C&R football thread - armchairs & plastics welcome ;-)

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
DomsBeard

Re: The C&R football thread - armchairs & plastics welcome ;

Post by DomsBeard »

Buckled Kipper wrote:
DomsBeard wrote:
Lego Solo wrote:Epic night. Just watched my home town of Hastings fight there way into the third round of the FA cup. And I was on TV as well, granted only for about a second but it all counts!

Middlesbrough next!!

Ha ha I was at the first game I'm born and bred Harrogate I hate Hastings now! ;) good luck at Boro!!
I was born in Huddersfield but very much bred in Harrogate and lived there till my twenties. I support Leeds though.

:D
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

I'm still having trouble believing we are in the 3rd round. This run has set us up financially for years. That 300+ mile trip is looking appealing right now.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Lego Solo wrote:This run has set us up financially for years.
Fantastic stuff!
nickoneill1888

Post by nickoneill1888 »

I'm a Celtic fan and eagerly anticipating the draw for the Champions League which takes place tomorrow. Will be interesting to see who we get. Done well get to get where we are so far.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Can we ban Stoke and make them play Rugby please? Zzzzzzzzzzzzz
I Greenman v2 I

Post by I Greenman v2 I »

Bristol City fan here! Unsurprisingly, I am a bit nervous of our league position at the moment (And football is not my favorite subject at the moment) - Being bottom and 5 points off 21st is not fun (Although, we do now have a game in hand)...
Imo

Post by Imo »

Congratulations Leon, Brighton looked quality today. Would definitely have Bridcutt at Carrow Rd
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hands off!
Imo

Post by Imo »

ok you have MY word that I wont sign him, cant guarantee anything with Hughton though. It was nice to see Andrew Crofts again and Elliot Bennett got us started today aswell. Plenty of connections the last couple seasons.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes and I'm concerned there are more to come! Thing is, I have nothing whatsoever against Norwich City, but we shouldn't be a feeder club for a club of that size. I can live with losing players to Man Utd or whoever but we should be looking to emulate Norwich, not bolster them!
Imo

Post by Imo »

As I've said before I like Brighton a lot so certainly wouldn't want to harm their chances I mean I feel exactly the same way about Paul Lambert, sure move on to a huge club but not Villa. For what its worth I can see Albion emulating us an I certainly wouldn't fancy them in the next round.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

I have to say I've been really impressed with the football my beloved Watford are playing under Gianfranco Zola at the moment. As someone who grew up with Watford having a football philosophy I would best describe as pragmatic, it's intoxicating to see us strive to play the beautiful game...
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah Watford schooled us at the Amex. We could really do with you losing your game in hand on us so that we stay in touch with the play off places.
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

ratsoalbion wrote:Yeah Watford schooled us at the Amex. We could really do with you losing your game in hand on us so that we stay in touch with the play off places.
Could happen. We're still a bit unpredictable. I expected us to thump Charlton at home but ended up losing 4-3. From then on I've been taking each game as it comes and not getting cocky. To be honest I'm just happy seeing us get praise for the way we play. I don't know if you saw our fourth goal on Saturday but it really was special. It's definitely the most technically gifted group of players I've seen at The Vic.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

ratsoalbion wrote:Yes and I'm concerned there are more to come! Thing is, I have nothing whatsoever against Norwich City, but we shouldn't be a feeder club for a club of that size. I can live with losing players to Man Utd or whoever but we should be looking to emulate Norwich, not bolster them!
Unfortunately that's become the grim reality for us Leeds fans. We've lost three of our best midfielders to them in as many years. Dark days indeed.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yes of course, including Bradley Johnson, who you loaned to us a while back.
Benjo321

Post by Benjo321 »

I don't want to talk about Oldham. Dangerously close to the bottom of League One, 1 draw in the last 8 games (and god knows how long since a home win), dwindling and disolusioned supporters, hopeless manager, shit ground.
And were about to get spanked by Liverpool this weekend.

Ugh, I need a drink now!
The Sonic Mole

Post by The Sonic Mole »

I've seen a lot of griping from other clubs' supporters on Watford's Udinese and Granada connection. Personally, I'd rather my club were owned by a football family (the Pozzos) than be the play thing of any oil rich sheikh or oligarch. The FA and Premier League teams continue to conspire against smaller clubs (see the disgraceful youth player ruling last year), so if this is what it takes to give yourself a fighting chance, so be it.

People also need to remember that we have come scarily close to going bust on several occasions. The Pozzos coming in for us was a lifeline, not part of some grand Machiavellian plan to corrupt football.

I guess it's just jealousy anyway as we are irresistible at the moment.

FORZA WATFORD
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Going to Elland Road today and its pissing it down. Keen as mustard, hope AVB puts a strong team out as I work with a lot of Leeds fans so if the unimaginable should happen it'd be unbearable!.

Brighton were really unlucky yesterday, can't believe it wasn't on TV. I thought there was 6 games that would've been better choices than showing both Manchester clubs. Hardly magical cup ties before kick off and in reality either.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I hate football what an awful weekend