Cane and Rinse meetup

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Indiana747

Cane and Rinse meetup

Post by Indiana747 »

OK, Cane and Rinse have had a year of fantastic podcasts and i think its fair to say its been quite popular.
Cane and Rinse now have a fantastic forum for people to air their views with one another on many aspects of their lives and not just on gaming. Its growing in activity and members every day.
From what i can see, Cane and Rinse also have the best community, by best i mean everyone conducts themselves in a respectful manner to each other, which every member deserves. Constructive criticism is the order of the day, if views differ on a subject, rather than the hateful argumentative trolling on many other forums. A lot of us do know each other from the GamerDork days and have great friendships with plenty of tongue in cheek humour in conversations. I have met some amazing friends online through GD and Cane and Rinse. :)
Now, I know i've mentioned this before in conversations with Jay and Leon. I also realise the logistical nightmare of organizing a get together of people from far and wide. But this has to happen, hopefully in the next twelve months preferably, giving people ample time to organize their year around such an auspicious occasion. :D
This community is full of intelligent and articulate people, so this isn't just a pipe dream, it is possible.
Thats my view on the matter and im hopeful that this thread will muster up enough interest to make to make a meetup of the Cane and Rinse family viable.
Lego Solo

Re: Cane and Rinse meetup

Post by Lego Solo »

Now this is something I'd be very interested in. This forum is nuts how quickly it's grown, and seeing the familiar faces from GD coming back is great. So yeah some kind of meet up sounds like a stella plan :)
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

I'd be up for a meetup :)

(Obviously depending on where it is in the country and when!)
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

Sounds good to me , just point me in the right direction.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

I'm in full support of an idea, though it'll probably be a challenge for me to make it along unless I inexplicably make bank on something.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Well, me and the wife would be travelling from Ireland. If we knew well enough in advance we will definitely save up for the trip to wherever its on. A Brighton meet is quite possibly the best location as thats where Jay and Leon are from. Im only giving ideas here so nobody bite my head off please. :D
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'll say this, the idea of a meet-up has already been mentioned - kinda more in passing at this stage perhaps - and it is something we have put thought to. It's also something that if - or more likely when - we decide to do it we will put as much thought and preparation into it as we have behind everything we have tried to do so far (having seen the pitfalls of what damage sloppy organisation and planning can do too).

Suffice to say that if we decide to go ahead with one next year, it's 99.99% most likely be held in Brighton.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Cool that's an hour by train for me, so count me in ;)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Naked meet up or clothes?
TomFum

Post by TomFum »

Wizard Of Odd wrote:Naked meet up or clothes?
Hopefully a mix of both, you know spice things up abit
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Wizard Of Odd wrote:Naked meet up or clothes?
Start one way, end the other.
furyac3

Post by furyac3 »

Sounds like an idea am up for that (depending on details)

Other question are there any plans / meets that you guys will be at next week at Eurogamer ?

(wouldn't mind saying hello to the usual suspects lol plus I'll never say no to a beer)
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

If it Eurogamer details you're after then CLICK THIS LINK RIGHT HERE, that'll give you all the info that's being passed around.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I reckon a meetup is an excellent idea, we've got a great community here so it'd be a shame not to really.

I most likely wouldn't make it next year due to a cruise me and Sarah are going on next April to mark her 30th birthday (£2,500, good thing CEX have given me some decent cash for selling games). Still, it's something you guys should do :)
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Well Brighton is only 40mins away from me so it gets my vote!
chunky_Monkey

Post by chunky_Monkey »

yep im up for that :)
Sean

Post by Sean »

You guys sure you don't want to meet up in South Carolina? :D
Mr Nicey

Post by Mr Nicey »

Brighton is very close - gets my thumbs up!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Sean wrote:You guys sure you don't want to meet up in South Carolina? :D
I'd bloody love to. You're paying, right?
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

What's wrong with the North of England. Much better than the bloody south anyway! :P