The Euro 2020 Thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
User avatar
Simonsloth
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: November 22nd, 2017, 7:17 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Simonsloth »

Really disappointed with Turkey. They practically gave Italy their goals. I’ve managed a moretti in my quest to have a turkey/Italy themed evening. This means a kebab is probably on the cards

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

I do like a Moretti. I’m not much of a drinker anyway but I do like a good beer/lager with dinner if the weather’s nice enough.

What’s on the menu today, Simon? A rarebit with Emmental for lunch sounds decent! Maybe a Pelmeni dinner and Belgian waffle for desert?

Bloody starving now.

User avatar
Truk_Kurt
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: July 9th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Italy were brilliant, a type of performance you wouldn't normally associate with Italy. Pleased to see Insigne get on the scoresheet as he is my fantasy league captain.

If anyone is interested I can create a league. I'm using the official UEFA one.

User avatar
Alex79uk
Member
Posts: 7245
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 12:36 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Alex79uk »

Predictions on the Wales game? I'm going 2-1 to Wales. With the second goal coming from a penalty.

User avatar
ratsoalbion
Admin
Posts: 7495
Joined: August 28th, 2012, 9:41 am
Location: Brighton, England
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by ratsoalbion »

Truk_Kurt wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:43 am If anyone is interested I can create a league. I'm using the official UEFA one.
Yes, I have a (scratchy) team.

User avatar
Marlew
Member
Posts: 160
Joined: August 22nd, 2020, 11:00 am

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Marlew »

Alex79uk wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:49 pm Predictions on the Wales game? I'm going 2-1 to Wales. With the second goal coming from a penalty.
I think it totally depends on how up for it Bale is and he does tend to raise his game to produce a bit of magic for Wales. I'm not being funny but he's also hopefully more match sharp and fit after a relatively active season for Spurs. Makes a change from the Madrid bench. It's also probably his last international tournament as a top-level player. I'm going to say 1-0 Wales, cagey game with one moment of brilliance. :D

User avatar
Alex79uk
Member
Posts: 7245
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 12:36 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Alex79uk »

ratsoalbion wrote: June 12th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Truk_Kurt wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:43 am If anyone is interested I can create a league. I'm using the official UEFA one.
Yes, I have a (scratchy) team.
Also up for this, go for it Kurt! Is it too late to make a team?

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

Close call for this game. I think the Swiss could steal it though.

User avatar
Truk_Kurt
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: July 9th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Yeah, tight game so far. Will likely be decided with a moment of magic from Bale or Shaqiri.

User avatar
Truk_Kurt
Member
Posts: 196
Joined: July 9th, 2015, 10:00 pm

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Not sure if it is too late to make a team but here is the website and league code

https://gaming.uefa.com/en/uefaeuro2020 ... er-rams123

853B3W1C07

User avatar
Alex79uk
Member
Posts: 7245
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 12:36 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Alex79uk »

Thanks :)

Great goal from Wales there!

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

Fair result I think! Switzerland might feel hard done by but nice goal by Moore and good goalkeeping to get Wales away with a draw.

User avatar
Simonsloth
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: November 22nd, 2017, 7:17 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Simonsloth »

Quiet Paul wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:30 am I do like a Moretti. I’m not much of a drinker anyway but I do like a good beer/lager with dinner if the weather’s nice enough.

What’s on the menu today, Simon? A rarebit with Emmental for lunch sounds decent! Maybe a Pelmeni dinner and Belgian waffle for desert?

Bloody starving now.
Haha! I ended up with some Turkish delight in the end which was better for my body than a late night kebab.

So today’s menu is:

Wales vs Switzerland - Welsh Cake vs Lindt chocolate
Denmark vs Finland - Mikkeler pale ale/apple danish vs Finlandia vodka.
Belgium vs Russia - Avaans Belgian pale ale/Belgian chocolate vs Smirnoff

I’ve decided to only have a shot of the vodka if the team scores as otherwise it could get messy.

Currently struggling with North Macedonian, Croatian and Slovakian options.

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

Yikes! Hope Eriksen is alright. Always a worry when you see that sort of thing.

- cardiac arrest by looks of it

Fuck sake man

User avatar
Alex79uk
Member
Posts: 7245
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 12:36 pm
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Alex79uk »

Jesus... Never seen anything like that before. Hope he's OK.

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

UEFA’s tweet: https://twitter.com/uefa/status/1403765 ... 93409?s=21


“Stabilised” thankfully!

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

Simonsloth wrote: June 12th, 2021, 5:38 pm
Quiet Paul wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:30 am I do like a Moretti. I’m not much of a drinker anyway but I do like a good beer/lager with dinner if the weather’s nice enough.

What’s on the menu today, Simon? A rarebit with Emmental for lunch sounds decent! Maybe a Pelmeni dinner and Belgian waffle for desert?

Bloody starving now.
Haha! I ended up with some Turkish delight in the end which was better for my body than a late night kebab.

So today’s menu is:

Wales vs Switzerland - Welsh Cake vs Lindt chocolate
Denmark vs Finland - Mikkeler pale ale/apple danish vs Finlandia vodka.
Belgium vs Russia - Avaans Belgian pale ale/Belgian chocolate vs Smirnoff

I’ve decided to only have a shot of the vodka if the team scores as otherwise it could get messy.

Currently struggling with North Macedonian, Croatian and Slovakian options.
Oh I love Turkish Delight! Think I’ll get a wee bar of that next time I’m at the shops.

Belgian chocs and Smirnoff sounds like a good evening! :lol: Think I might have a beer tonight with my lasagne, still feeling a bit stressed after the last game heh.

I googled the north Macedonian dishes and they look decent!

https://nomadparadise.com/macedonian-food/

User avatar
Simonsloth
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: November 22nd, 2017, 7:17 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Simonsloth »

I can’t believe the game has been restarted. I’m pleased to hear Eriksen was awake when he left the stadium as I genuinely thought the worst. In the UK when there’s a cardiac arrest we “scoop and run” aim to get to hospital as quickly as possible so my medic brain was thinking the worst when they hadn’t moved him and nothing was happening. According to a couple of friends who work in European ITUs in quite a few countries they try and stabilise before moving preferably. I thought he was gone and that’s why the players were crying and they hadn’t moved from the spot. So relieved.

User avatar
Simonsloth
Member
Posts: 1533
Joined: November 22nd, 2017, 7:17 am
Location: London
Contact:

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Simonsloth »

Quiet Paul wrote: June 12th, 2021, 7:48 pm
Simonsloth wrote: June 12th, 2021, 5:38 pm
Quiet Paul wrote: June 12th, 2021, 9:30 am I do like a Moretti. I’m not much of a drinker anyway but I do like a good beer/lager with dinner if the weather’s nice enough.

What’s on the menu today, Simon? A rarebit with Emmental for lunch sounds decent! Maybe a Pelmeni dinner and Belgian waffle for desert?

Bloody starving now.
Haha! I ended up with some Turkish delight in the end which was better for my body than a late night kebab.

So today’s menu is:

Wales vs Switzerland - Welsh Cake vs Lindt chocolate
Denmark vs Finland - Mikkeler pale ale/apple danish vs Finlandia vodka.
Belgium vs Russia - Avaans Belgian pale ale/Belgian chocolate vs Smirnoff

I’ve decided to only have a shot of the vodka if the team scores as otherwise it could get messy.

Currently struggling with North Macedonian, Croatian and Slovakian options.
Oh I love Turkish Delight! Think I’ll get a wee bar of that next time I’m at the shops.

Belgian chocs and Smirnoff sounds like a good evening! :lol: Think I might have a beer tonight with my lasagne, still feeling a bit stressed after the last game heh.

I googled the north Macedonian dishes and they look decent!

https://nomadparadise.com/macedonian-food/
Thanks for the link. I was salivating reading about that delicious red pepper spread that takes a whole days work to make! I’m googling it already and I’ve been typing the dishes into Deliveroo and just eat to see if there’s any hits locally.

User avatar
Quiet Paul
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: May 18th, 2015, 4:00 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: The Euro 2020 Thread

Post by Quiet Paul »

Christ, I didn’t even know they re-started it! That’s crazy man. I ended up giving up on the football for the night and just watched crap on the telly and drank a few random beers I got for Christmas.
So you’re a medic, Simon? Yeah, I’ve no experience with medical work besides a first aid course I did in college about 11 years ago :lol: but I also thought they might get him away from the pitch as they proceeded with chest compressions. Learned something new!

According to Google the national dish of England is chicken tikka masala so I might join in with that at 2 in the afternoon. :lol:

Post Reply