Forum Changelog and Forum Suggestions

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Alex79

Re: Forum Changelog & Forum Suggestions

Post by Alex79 »

Does anyone here use the Taptalk app? I access this forum on my phone 99% of the time and find it works just fine, but wondered if the app offered any benefits or features just using Chrome on my phone does not?
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I've used tapatalk from day one and loved it.

It makes the forum easy to read. I've never used chrome to access it so can't offer any comparison
RoboticMonk3y

Post by RoboticMonk3y »

New forum is looking great!
Typing onto a black background pokes gently at my inner geek, and I have fond retro memories of early tinkering with computers.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

RoboticMonk3y wrote:New forum is looking great!
Typing onto a black background pokes gently at my inner geek, and I have fond retro memories of early tinkering with computers.
Thanks, but it wasn't something we were planning to do. I upgraded the platform software yesterday and unfortunately it rendered the old theme we've been using since the beginning obsolete so I had to quickly find a replacement. I'll be constantly tweaking things over the next week or so to give some of the custom stuff we had in the old one.

Figure a change is as good as a rest. :D
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yep, new setup looks well tidy, well on Android anyway, nice work Mr. Taylor.
mikeleddy83

Post by mikeleddy83 »

Noticed it was down last night with SQL errors and now I know why. Good job!

I hope this contrast change helps the electricity bills.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Aagh! Change! Nooo!! Make it stop!

Seriously though, I like it. The new icons for topics are cool, and I like how the way the read/unread colouring between sticky and non-sticky threads are now a bit more consistent. It did kind of bug me how they were the opposite way round before.

I'm afraid I do have one problem with the new colour scheme though. The light text on the dark background does give me a bit of eye strain. At least it does in the text box where it's literally white on black. I'd prefer if the colours were a little easier on the eyes, just there if nowhere else. I wrote a longer post a few minutes ago in another thread and it left a bunch of lines stuck in my vision after I looked away from the screen for a short while. I tend to get that with white on black text.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Scrustle wrote:I'm afraid I do have one problem with the new colour scheme though. The light text on the dark background does give me a bit of eye strain. At least it does in the text box where it's literally white on black. I'd prefer if the colours were a little easier on the eyes, just there if nowhere else. I wrote a longer post a few minutes ago in another thread and it left a bunch of lines stuck in my vision after I looked away from the screen for a short while. I tend to get that with white on black text.
I'm not a fan of the black box myself so I'll be looking at changing that background colour over the next few days to a dark grey or blue instead. The contrast is something of an odd thing since, during the day and in natural light, I actually prefer it. However, I've noticed this evening that some of the text does 'glare' a little whilst looking at the screen in artificial light, so I'll see about tweaking that a little too.
countstex

Post by countstex »

Loving that I can get to 'New Posts' with a single click now, rather than returning to the index and clicking Active Topics. Soooo much nicer :D
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Of course as with any change ever ever in the history of ever, I instantly hated the new look. It is, however, growing on me.

:D
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

I thought I should mention I've been getting error messaged when I've been trying to post since the change. I've noticed it happening on the Games Completed thread, so it might have something to do with quoting. Even though the post goes through and if I load up the page again my post is there, after I click "Submit" I get a page with an error message that says "SQL ERROR [ mysqli ] [0]". I took a screengrab too:

http://i.imgur.com/8i6R4pz.png
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Thanks Scrustle, I'll have a look into that and see what I can do.
seansthomas

Post by seansthomas »

Does everyone else no longer ever get anything in their Participated column in Tapatalk? Or is it just me...?
Cress1968

Re: RE: Re: Forum Changelog & Forum Suggestions

Post by Cress1968 »

seansthomas wrote:Does everyone else no longer ever get anything in their Participated column in Tapatalk? Or is it just me...?
Me too and as far as I know pilgrim isn't either
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

The Tapatalk plugin is bang up to date, but the Tapatalk app has just been updated (Tapatalk 5). Those of you who are having problems with this app, which version are you running?
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Same here.
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

JaySevenZero wrote:The Tapatalk plugin is bang up to date, but the Tapatalk app has just been updated (Tapatalk 5). Those of you who are having problems with this app, which version are you running?
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

Is that the old one jay?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Cress1968 wrote:Is that the old one jay?
It might be, the iPhone app is now version 5 but I'll need to check if Android is the same?
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

JaySevenZero wrote:
Cress1968 wrote:Is that the old one jay?
It might be, the iPhone app is now version 5 but I'll need to check if Android is the same?
Cheers jay.. Everything else works fine just I can't see subscribed threads.. Android update is probably on its way.... Anyway just wanted to say all the work yourself and everyone else puts into the forum is appreciated. Don't post much but I read it every day 8-)