Top 5 films of 2012

This is the place where you can confab about all the other stuff besides videogames.
User avatar
ratsoalbion
Admin
Posts: 7090
Joined: August 28th, 2012, 7:41 am
Location: Brighton, England
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by ratsoalbion » December 21st, 2012, 6:54 pm

Shame! Forgot that one even though I only watched it the other week. Good film.

User avatar
Buckled Kipper
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 11:53 am

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Buckled Kipper » December 21st, 2012, 8:47 pm

ratsoalbion wrote:Shame! Forgot that one even though I only watched it the other week. Good film.
Bugger. I forgot that one too. Great film.

User avatar
Buckled Kipper
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 11:53 am

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Buckled Kipper » December 21st, 2012, 8:48 pm

Combine Hunter wrote:
Dante Fireseed wrote:
As for TV it's a toss up between Breaking Bad Season 5 or Walking Dead Season 3, both were amazing.
Here's how you decide which TV show is better. You ask "Which one is called Breaking Bad?" And that one wins...unless the other show is The Wire ;)
Or unless its Game Of Thrones.

User avatar
Combine Hunter
Moderator
Posts: 801
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 2:40 pm

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Combine Hunter » December 21st, 2012, 9:40 pm

Nah! Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones ;)

User avatar
PressEscToExit
Member
Posts: 310
Joined: September 5th, 2012, 6:38 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by PressEscToExit » December 21st, 2012, 10:36 pm

Combine Hunter wrote:Nah! Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones ;)
This is a factual statement.

User avatar
NokkonWud
Moderator
Posts: 1310
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 9:58 pm
Location: North Yorkshire, UK
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by NokkonWud » December 22nd, 2012, 12:46 am

PressEscToExit wrote:
Combine Hunter wrote:Nah! Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones ;)
This is a factual statement.
Co-signed

User avatar
Benjo321
Member
Posts: 95
Joined: September 3rd, 2012, 11:04 am
Location: Oldham, UK
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Benjo321 » December 22nd, 2012, 9:39 am

Buckled Kipper wrote:
ratsoalbion wrote:Shame! Forgot that one even though I only watched it the other week. Good film.
Bugger. I forgot that one too. Great film.
Yeah, easy to forget as it was out in the States last year and January I think over here. Superb film.

User avatar
Alex79uk
Member
Posts: 5530
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 10:36 am
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Alex79uk » December 22nd, 2012, 10:14 am

I can't remember what films I've seen this year. I think The Dark Knight Rises I saw which was ok, weakest of the trilogy and Snow White & The Huntsman which was.... slow.

Was The Muppets out this year? If so, that's my winner.

If not I'm going to vote for a film that wasn't even released this year, but I watched for the first time this year, in your face logic.

Troll Hunter.

User avatar
ratsoalbion
Admin
Posts: 7090
Joined: August 28th, 2012, 7:41 am
Location: Brighton, England
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by ratsoalbion » December 22nd, 2012, 10:41 am

I love Troll Hunter. But by your rationale my film of the year is Glengarry Glen Ross from 1992!

User avatar
Buckled Kipper
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 11:53 am

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Buckled Kipper » December 22nd, 2012, 12:57 pm

NokkonWud wrote:
PressEscToExit wrote:
Combine Hunter wrote:Nah! Breaking Bad > Game of Thrones ;)
This is a factual statement.
Co-signed
You're all so wrong. though I am basing my argument on the ridiculous grounds of only having seen the very first episode of BB which I found very dull.

I think its been a great year for TV with my highlights being

Game Of Thrones
Treme
Walking Dead (surely must win award for most improved TV show ever)
Broadwalk Empire
Top Boy
The Accused

User avatar
DarthCuddles
Member
Posts: 153
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 11:53 am
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by DarthCuddles » December 22nd, 2012, 2:50 pm

Wizard Of Odd wrote:I can't remember what films I've seen this year. I think The Dark Knight Rises I saw which was ok, weakest of the trilogy and Snow White & The Huntsman which was.... slow.

Was The Muppets out this year? If so, that's my winner.

If not I'm going to vote for a film that wasn't even released this year, but I watched for the first time this year, in your face logic.

Troll Hunter.
God damn I knew I forgot Something, and how could I forget the Muppets

User avatar
Sean
Moderator
Posts: 604
Joined: August 27th, 2012, 3:05 pm
Location: Greenville, SC, USA
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Sean » December 22nd, 2012, 10:51 pm

I unfortunately didn't get on with Shame as much as everyone else did.

Fassbender was impressive (as usual), but, I felt no sympathy for him, or anyone else in the movie, really.

User avatar
ratsoalbion
Admin
Posts: 7090
Joined: August 28th, 2012, 7:41 am
Location: Brighton, England
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by ratsoalbion » December 22nd, 2012, 10:58 pm

I'm not sure anyone required sympathy, did they? I felt basic empathy for recognisably weak, flawed humans.

User avatar
PressEscToExit
Member
Posts: 310
Joined: September 5th, 2012, 6:38 pm
Location: Dundee

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by PressEscToExit » December 23rd, 2012, 2:09 pm

Buckled Kipper wrote:
I think its been a great year for TV with my highlights being

Game Of Thrones
Treme
Walking Dead (surely must win award for most improved TV show ever)
Broadwalk Empire
Top Boy
The Accused
Agreed. Great year for comedy in particular, I thought - Louie, Limmy's Show, Parks and Recreation, Girls and 30 Rock were all fantastic.

User avatar
[CQC]Don
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: December 13th, 2012, 5:08 am

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by [CQC]Don » December 24th, 2012, 2:10 am

Not a whole lot of comedy to be spoken of, but I thought Sleep Walk With me was a stand out in that category. And it did just hit Netflix just in case you missed it!

User avatar
Alex79uk
Member
Posts: 5530
Joined: September 2nd, 2012, 10:36 am
Location: Walsall, UK.
Contact:

Re: Top 5 films of 2012

Post by Alex79uk » December 24th, 2012, 7:43 pm

Not even heard of it, but I'll check it out on Netflix.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: KSubzero1000 and 2 guests