Whatcha Been Watching?

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: Whatcha Been Watching?

Post by ratsoalbion »

Fava beans and a nice Chianti presumably.
Bakers_12

Post by Bakers_12 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Fava beans and a nice Chianti presumably.
Don't forget the Liver too
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

Anyone watched the new Zombieland spin-off series yet? Is it worth looking at or will it just tarnish one of my favourite films?
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Guy_JD wrote:Anyone watched the new Zombieland spin-off series yet? Is it worth looking at or will it just tarnish one of my favourite films?
I've only watched the trailer but its awfulness was enough to make me reconsider watching the whole thing.
Guy_JD

Post by Guy_JD »

JaySevenZero wrote:I've only watched the trailer but its awfulness was enough to make me reconsider watching the whole thing.
Yeah same here
Baron Phil

Post by Baron Phil »

I wouldn't bother with watching the full episode then, It's not terrible but it's not Zombieland.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

I'm usually quite a zombie fan, but I found Zombieland a bit disapointing. It's a good film, don't get me wrong. But for some reason it didn't have me thinking "that was amazing".

Rented Killing Them Softly which Dez recommended a few pages back, throughly enjoyed it. Defintely better than some of the amazon reviews make out. But they're often bollocks anyway.

Started watching Spartacus Blood and Sand, which certainly lives up to it's name so far. There's blood alright. Loads of it.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Glad you enjoyed Killing Them Softly. It's definitely an alternate reality Sopranos movie.
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

AndyKurosaki wrote:Started watching Spartacus Blood and Sand, which certainly lives up to it's name so far. There's blood alright. Loads of it.
I finished watching Spartacus a couple of weeks ago and it's definitely up there as one of my favourite TV series'. The first series is my favourite, followed by the last. 2 was good as well, I just think 1 and 3 were far superior. I hope you enjoy it!

I've been watching Game of Thrones, watched the latest episode last night. It's really great and I do plan on reading the books, at some point. Also watching Mad Men, which I adore. And The Following, but I'm a couple of episodes behind on that.
Doggett

Post by Doggett »

I'm about halfway through series 3 of Breaking Bad.
Other than that, its Doctor Who... :oops:
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

Still enjoying the following even though the FBI/Police in it are totally inept. Game Of Thrones is turning into one of those shows where I wish I hadn't read most of the books now. They've changed a few bits for example which seems strange but still loving it and possibly one if the best intro bits of music in a tv ever I think.
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

DomsBeard wrote:Still enjoying the following even though the FBI/Police in it are totally inept. Game Of Thrones is turning into one of those shows where I wish I hadn't read most of the books now. They've changed a few bits for example which seems strange but still loving it and possibly one if the best intro bits of music in a tv ever I think.
I have this conversation with my parents as they watch The Following too and we always end up talking about how ridiculous the FBI in the series act. They're supposed to be highly trained and what-not but they fall for the most obvious things that you don't need an ounce of training to notice! I agree with your Game of Thrones statement, which is why I haven't started reading the books yet. I did decide to start reading the first one after I finished watching the first series but I stopped and decided to just wait until the TV series is finished before I read them.
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Only TV Show I am religiously watching every week is Suits.
Other than that I've watched a lot of Lie to Me in recent weeks.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

dezm0nd wrote:Glad you enjoyed Killing Them Softly. It's definitely an alternate reality Sopranos movie.
Yeah it definitely is, was interesting to see James Galdofini's character being a very different guy than Tony Soprano.

Much love for Mad Men and Game Of Thrones. I enjoy discussing GOT with my mate at work, but I have to be really careful as I've read the books and he hasn't.
5 episodes into Spartacus, and I'm really enjoying it. It's not quite up there with my favourite US dramas yet, but it's early days yet.
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

GOT is absolutely knocking it out the park this season.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I second the above comment!
DionysusDreams

Post by DionysusDreams »

Definitely, I'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Spoiler: show
I just loved the scene with Tyrion and Cersei in the latest episode. Cersei acting all smug that Tyrion has to marry Sansa and then gets shut down by her dad telling her to marry a gay man! Hilarious and shocking at the same time. Also I love the costume design, especially on Cersei and Daenerys.
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

Been a bit underwhelmed by new stuff at moment. Revolution I found poor, The Following really irritated me and defiance not clicking. Banshee seems to have potential and I'm sticking with Defiance for now. GOT excellent though
kappisun

Post by kappisun »

I've now acquired first 3 seasons of breaking bad. Never seen before so hoping for a treat if its as good as people say
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

kappisun wrote:I've now acquired first 3 seasons of breaking bad. Never seen before so hoping for a treat if its as good as people say
Just finished season 1. It's really good.