Whatcha Been Watching?

This is the place where you can confab about all the other stuff besides videogames.
Simonsloth

Re: Whatcha Been Watching?

Post by Simonsloth » June 25th, 2019, 9:29 pm

Just started infinity war
Spoiler: show
holy s**t Loki, idris Elba and Thor seemingly killed in the first 5 mins. I’m pretty sure they aren’t all dead but still. Exciting stuff.

clippa

Post by clippa » June 27th, 2019, 8:08 am

Nightmare Cinema

Watched this horror anthology last night. The first segment makes you think "Oh, this is gonna be slightly naff, but pacey fun", then the other segments are just naff, except for the black and white one which is really good. I'd have happily watched a whole film of that one.
Two out of five ain't bad as far as these things are concerned. Surprised it's reviewing so highly as the other parts let those two good ones down. Worth a gander though.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion » July 4th, 2019, 7:32 pm

My last two cinema trips have been breathtaking documentaries Diego Maradona and Apollo 11.
Recommended!

duskvstweak

Post by duskvstweak » July 6th, 2019, 7:37 pm

I didn't love Spider-Man: Homecoming, but I really enjoyed the new one. Good time, all around. Actually, considering I wasn't very excited for it or Toy Story 4 and both have been the most enjoyable times at the cinema lately, maybe I need to get over myself.

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » July 9th, 2019, 10:26 am

I'm a little late, but been watching Love, Death & Robots on my lunch breaks. They're the perfect length to watch a couple at a time. They're exceptional, all the different animation styles. I really loved Fish Night. The cell shaded, possibly rotoscoped (?) animation was amazing, just such a treat to look at. Really good series, hope they do another one!

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » July 9th, 2019, 10:27 am

Oh also we took the kids to watch Toy Story 4 on Ellis birthday. First cinema trip for the youngest one. Really enjoyed it, solid film all round. I think TS3 is still my favorite, though. I challenge anyone to watch either 3 or 4 and not get a little choked up towards the end.

hazeredmist

Post by hazeredmist » July 9th, 2019, 1:28 pm

3 is brutal. The bit where they're all holding hands accepting their pending death? Jesus Christ. How that's in a kid's film I'll never know

Alex79uk

Post by Alex79uk » July 9th, 2019, 1:58 pm

That's the exact scene I always single out. It's so powerful, exactly as you say, they realise there is no escaping death and bravely accept their end together. Amazing stuff.

FemalePheromones

Post by FemalePheromones » July 9th, 2019, 6:41 pm

Alex79uk wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 1:58 pm
That's the exact scene I always single out. It's so powerful, exactly as you say, they realise there is no escaping death and bravely accept their end together. Amazing stuff.
Would be a great ending to the series but they have to be saved for sequels because you can't stop squeezing that cash cow.