Charity Bike Ride - Ataxia Spring Classic

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Rich

Charity Bike Ride - Ataxia Spring Classic

Post by Rich »

Hi guys and girls,

My wife and my brother-in-law both have a disease called Friedreich's ataxia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedreich's_ataxia

It's not very fun! It's an inherited condition that progressively damages the nervous system and usually leads to significantly reduced mobility and reduces life expectancy.

It's the second year of the Ataxia spring classic, a charity bike ride to raise money for Ataxia UK. I'm getting off my fat arse to do the 20 mile ride, my Dad and my Brother are doing the 55 mile ride.

Now that I've bummed everyone out here's the link to the Just Giving page for donations http://www.justgiving.com/JohnRichTurner-AtaxiaUK

We need a minimum of £100 each but we're struggling to get there so any donations would really help.

Thanks for reading,

Rich
LaikaMuttnik

Re: Charity Bike Ride - Ataxia Spring Classic

Post by LaikaMuttnik »

I misread the date of the bike ride on the Just Giving page at first and thought "Oh no, it was yesterday!?" then realised it's 2 months away, phew! :D

Made a little donation from me & Jay. Sorry it's not much, but hope it could still be of help :)
Good luck to you, your dad and brother with the ride, and best wishes for your lovely Chloe and brother-in-law! xx
Rich

Post by Rich »

laikamuttnik wrote:I misread the date of the bike ride on the Just Giving page at first and thought "Oh no, it was yesterday!?" then realised it's 2 months away, phew! :D

Made a little donation from me & Jay. Sorry it's not much, but hope it could still be of help :)
Good luck to you, your dad and brother with the ride, and best wishes for your lovely Chloe and brother-in-law! xx
Thank you very much! Being a full time carer for my wife doesn't give me a huge pool of workmates to try and get money from so all donations help!
Rich

Post by Rich »

Just over half way to the minimum donation and I managed to cycle 11 miles on my exercise bike last night without dying! I might be OK!

Donate if you can! Thanks!