The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
Doktor Plirtz

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by Doktor Plirtz »

Hi everyone,

Riccardo from Italy here. I've been listening to the show for about a year and it quickly became my go-to videogame podcast. I am a fan of close examinations of single objects, it is just something I really enjoy.

I am a researcher at the University, and my field is. Ehm. Video games. I'm working on a project detailing the history of the video game industry in Italy, and in the past I've worked on film-to-game adaptations, video game history, video game theory, etc. I've been playing vg for most of my life; I was introduced to the concept by an uncle who was a computer engineer and showed me a couple of early pc games.

I have the privilege of playing games as part of my job, but I still can't play as much as I want. That's it, nice to meet you all. :)

r.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Riccardo!

Always lovely to welcome one of our international listeners to the forum, and also gratifying when an actual academic is interested in what we have to say!
:)
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

Hi everyone,

This is my first time joining and actually posting on a forum so do tell me if there is something wrong with my actions or behaviour. Don't know all the "silent information" that people already familiar with forums do. I do know that I should search for a topic on a subject before creating a new one but that's about it. That is to say I'm not totally stupid and I have been reading some forums (mainly when looking for information) but be gentle with me :D

My name is Justus (pronounced kinda like Eustace in England I think...) and I'm from Finland. I'm 24 years old and I've been a gamer ever since I can remember. My earliest memories are of me, my brother and my dad playing the super mario bros on the NES. I love games. I don't have a specific genre or platform I like more than the other. I'm lucky to have a father and a big brother who also like video games so I've always had almost every console after NES and all the games that they bought. My favorite games include The Legend Of Zelda series, Metal Gear series, Fire Emblem series, Devil May Cry series, Pokemon and loads more.

So in the midst of finding something to listen to I came across you guys and fell in love with the show. Been listening for a couple of months now. First I only listened to the games I found most interesting but after realising that the show and you guys are amazing I thought that I should listen to every one of the episodes and I'm currently as of writing up to the episode 69. Part of why I like the show so much is that the old episodes don't age like on other podcasts since it's all about the one particular game and not what happens to be on your minds at the time. The concept of the show is brilliant and what makes it work is you guys and your insights on the games. It is so interesting to listen to the way you and your guests see a game and your experiences with it.

Thank you so much for the awesome show!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome Jusifer/Justus - that's a cool name. Thank you for such kind words about the podcast!

There really aren't many rules to follow - so welcome to the forum!
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

Hello all. I wrote in via email waaay back for the Sound Shapes and Assasin's Creed 3 podcasts. The guys were amused that someone had used email!

Anyway, I've not played many of the older games discussed (Zelda), having only really had play-station consoles since ps1 and a gaming pc recently. I tend to write about the negatives for some reason
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello! Welcome along.
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

TheEmailer wrote:The guys were amused that someone had used email!
I really like that username :D
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

gallo_pinto wrote:
TheEmailer wrote:The guys were amused that someone had used email!
I really like that username :D
Thanks, it makes me sound much more enigmatic and mysterious than I am (i.e not at all)
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

The Emailer is the next big Marvel film isn't it? Coming soon to an inbox near you!
ADumican83

Post by ADumican83 »

Hi guys. Long time listener to the podcast and this seems like a decent video gaming community.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

It certainly is! Welcome along.
TheEmailer

Post by TheEmailer »

Alex79uk wrote:The Emailer is the next big Marvel film isn't it? Coming soon to an inbox near you!
That's the only comic book film I'd watch. His/her special ability is, if he says something in an email it becomes true. But, there is always unintended concequences
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Haha sounds like an episode of The Twilight Zone.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Hey all, welcome to our forum! :D
gildedlink

Post by gildedlink »

Hiya! It occurred to me I hadn't stopped in yet, so I'm Tim from the US. I love talking and playing games, especially thematic/mechanical analysis of them and I'm been very fond of listening to the podcast for the past half a year or so during my commute to work. Some of my favorites include Undertale, Majora's Mask, Okami, Jet Set Radio Future, To The Moon and Ori and the Blind Forest.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello Tim, welcome along!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello! You've found the friendliest gaming forum on the Internet!
MauricioMM

Post by MauricioMM »

Better late than never: hello everybody, I’m Mauricio from Costa Rica. I’m a videogamer, a fan of series like (in no particular order) The Legend of Zelda, The Witcher, Chrono Trigger, Half-Life, Portal, BioShock, Civilization, StarCraft, Assassin’s Creed, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, GTA, Earthbound and Deus Ex, just to mention a few :)

It’s been a while since I joined this forum, but it’s only recently that I’ve been trying to participate more. I discovered Cane and Rinse around 2014 and it automatically became one of my favorite podcasts, if not the top one, because I love the way you examine videogames in a exhaustive and, at the same time, entertaining and relatable manner.

I’ve been playing videogames since my childhood, even though I didn’t have a console of my own until high school, and it’s always great when you get to meet (or in this case, read from and listen to) people that care about this hobby as much as me, especially now that adulthood has made me appreciate videogaming even more than before.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and I look forward to hear more from your amazing shows. Cheers 8-)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello there, thanks for signing up and joining in!
Costa Rica eh? I love the fact that we have listeners all around the globe.
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

MauricioMM wrote:Better late than never: hello everybody, I’m Mauricio from Costa Rica. I’m a videogamer, a fan of series like (in no particular order) The Legend of Zelda, The Witcher, Chrono Trigger, Half-Life, Portal, BioShock, Civilization, StarCraft, Assassin’s Creed, Fallout, The Elder Scrolls, GTA, Earthbound and Deus Ex, just to mention a few :)
1. Welcome to the forum man!

2. That is a beautiful list of games right there.

3. Yay! A neighbor! (sort of). It's good to have another person representing Central America :D