The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome, Marley!
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Hi Marley, welcome to the forum :)
Filth_Element

Post by Filth_Element »

Hiya. I’m Stuart.

I started listening to the cane and rinse podcast at the beginning of 2020 think I heard about it on bonfire side chat... maybe bit hazy now.

I’m living in Australia but emigrated from England. However, I was born in South Africa where my first ever console as a kid was a knock off Famicom so I love Nintendo even though my first “official” console was a Sega Master System followed by the Mega Drive.

Anyway I’m going on a bit here. Hello. I look forward to chatting.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello there!
Angry_Kurt

Post by Angry_Kurt »

Hi there, welcome to the forum
Pezuole

Post by Pezuole »

Hello community, I'm Richard from Santa Clara, CA. I found this forum on the search.

Enjoy playing games and diving. Working on the loans service - https://maybeloan.com/bad-credit-loans
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello!
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Hi Richard
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello Paul10. I was friends with Paul7 and 9. Perhaps you know them?

EDIT: Hang on, hang on... Wait an minute... You're not real are you. Every time I think I've made a friend... :(
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

:|
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Hi Paul?
Miririn

Post by Miririn »

Hello, everyone! I'm Miri from London. I played a lot of the standard British-kid-in-the-90s games when I was younger ("Theme Hospital", "Tomb Raider II", "Pokemon"...) and then completely fell out of the habit until my mid-twenties when I was working in Japan in an office job, mostly translating and interpreting. Lots of my friends who had moved to Japan from abroad and also worked in translation-related fields wanted to break into the games industry, and I started to play a lot of Nintendo 3DS to keep up with their conversations. I eventually moved back to the UK and graduated to a Switch console and stayed pretty Nintendo-exclusive until earlier this year when a friend donated me a PS4 he no longer wanted (impulse purchase after a bad breakup, which he no longer used after finding love again). I've spent most of lockdown really enjoying playing a lot of recent games from the last decade or so that I missed out on, particularly heavily narrative-driven games, which are my favourite type of game to play.

I can't remember how I stumbled on the podcast, but I was looking for something with in-depth discussion that was even-handed and chilled-out, and "Cane and Rinse" fit the bill. Most of my friends who love to game are very into J-RPGs or Japanese tactical games, and while I dabble a little in those genres, I mainly play different games to them and was keen to find other people to talk to about some of the titles I have been enjoying (...or, erm, listen to podcast people talk about them). Grateful to the hosts of the podcast for providing good discussion to listen to during many months of daily lockdown walks.

I tend to blather too much, and I'm a bit shy, and I almost definitely lack a lot of knowledge compared to seasoned gamers. But hopefully I can occasionally contribute to some discussion here. I really like hearing the forum posts on the podcast.

Hope everyone is having a nice week!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome Miri! 🙂
Shy Monkeys

Post by Shy Monkeys »

Hello, Shy Monkeys here, just started listening to this podcast a few weeks ago. Decided to join the forums since I kept hearing about it. One question, though, how do you make a 100 x 100 pixel avatar that's 17 KiB or less? I can't figure out how to do that.
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Welcome!

Re: avatar, I guess you can either custom search for 100x100 images on Google or make one yourself, or there are sites that'll shrink images for you. I use this one: https://resizeimage.net/
Shy Monkeys

Post by Shy Monkeys »

Alex79uk wrote: December 30th, 2020, 6:21 pm Welcome!

Re: avatar, I guess you can either custom search for 100x100 images on Google or make one yourself, or there are sites that'll shrink images for you. I use this one: https://resizeimage.net/
Thank you very much!
DeadbeatpunK

Post by DeadbeatpunK »

Well Hello There!

I am "thee" DeadbeatpunK, an honour I'm sure.

Finally took the plunge on Patreon after enjoying free content for far too many years. I used to tune in whenever it was a game that caught my attention; slowly became every episode. The coverage and depth kept me coming back. So better late than never?

My favourite console was the Gameboy Colour and has yet to be topped. Left my bodyweight thrice over in AA batteries hunting Pokemon and Dragon Warrioring/Questing.

Much more to waffle on about and bore the masses; but I'm making a bee-line for the Stardew Valley post to evacuate my thoughts on that gem.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi, Deadbeat - and thank you for your support!
Gadget8Bit

Post by Gadget8Bit »

Hi everyone

I’m Gadget. Long time listener, first time patreoner.

About me, I’m an all round gamer. Mostly play on PC but I’m really enjoying the series X at the minute.

I love my strategy games, RPGs and stupidly hard old school shooters.

I also play guitar and frequently shout into microphones.
Truk_Kurt

Post by Truk_Kurt »

Welcome Gadget. for those that don't know he also hosts the great podcast Modern Escapism which you should check out. Lots of fun topics get covered beyond just games.