The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: New forum

Post by ratsoalbion »

Thank you.
Yes, the uptake has been tremendous so far. Long may it continue.
:D
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Your too diplomatic Leon, an admirable trait. To me it felt like a sterile forum. Like it was just fired together. I never liked how awkward it felt to post there, & hated the aesthetic of it, even though many ex GD forumites were there. I believe it was just a stop gap till we got a place of our own after the landlod had burned the old place to the ground.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

SqueezyCheesyPeas wrote:Well chaps, the new place is looking great. Good to see it's looking lively.
Cheers Squeezy/Jake/Graham! ;) Thanks for signing up!
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Indiana747 wrote:Your too diplomatic Leon, an admirable trait. To me it felt like a sterile forum. Like it was just fired together. I never liked how awkward it felt to post there, & hated the aesthetic of it, even though many ex GD forumites were there. I believe it was just a stop gap till we got a place of our own after the landlod had burned the old place to the ground.
There are many that feel that way, it's understandable but from our side Character Select offered us a place amongst their shows before we had even produced anything and we're grateful for that.

That said, this is a fresh start and a place intended for the use and fun of Cane and Rinse fans and this feels like a good move.
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Yep, exactly my sentiments too Karl. CSF was ok for a rental but not worth a purchase.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

Hey Guys! I realise I have been AWOL for months, but hope you'll have me back ;) To cut a long story short, I had some personal stuff going on and blah de blah got into a new (very good!) relationship, trying to sell/buy a house that meant videogames have taken a backseat for me over the last 12 months or so, but now I am getting back into it and my consoles are slowly starting to see some love again.

Also, to be honest, as said above I never really got on the CS forums and kind of lost interest, but I noticed the other day that most of the old GD guys and girls seem to be on here now, so I thought why not dive back in.

Sorry I deleted most people from here from my various friends lists as I wasn't playing games for a while, my apologies for that, I'd be happy to get back into a few game nights now and then.

so yeah.....hello everyone :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Dante, a very warm welcome back!
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

ratsoalbion wrote:Hi Dante, a very warm welcome back!
Thanks, good to be back :D
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

I'll second Ratso's sentiments - welcome back! :)
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah nice to see you back Dante :)

Personally I didn't/don't have a problem with the Character Select Forum, the only issue I would say was that though it was a 'combo' of various forums, it felt to me that it was predominetly ex-Gamerdork Forumites that used it. Of course a forum is entirely optional, whether people post or not is entirely up to them. Whether a forum suceeds or not is down to it's contributers. I've been on Gamestm's forum since 2006, and lack of posts/frigging spam bots nearly killed it stone dead recently.

I've always enjoyed Forums, and feel even in today's ever-evolving market, there's a place for them. So in conclusion, Go Team! Or something :)
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

thanks guys, very nice forum you have here, looking forward to getting back in the mix and playing some effing games :)
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Ah go on, I'll add to that. Welcome back Dante.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Indiana747 wrote:It closed cause it was shite.
Ah Don, I like the honesty and bluntness. But in truth the place was pretty much GD forum but on a lesser scale.

Question; is this forum available on Tapatalk? as that`s where i do most of my posting from.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

If I recall correctly, Josh said he was using Tapatalk to look at it a day or two ago in a different thread, so it should be.
DomsBeard

Post by DomsBeard »

I'm using it via tapatalk.....
PlexShaw

Post by PlexShaw »

Posted this via TapaTalk. ;)
Ghost World

Post by Ghost World »

Yeah the Forum supports TapaTalk, If your searching for it on there app you can't have any spaces in the name, So it's caneandrinse or cane & rinse. :?
PapaBlingo

Post by PapaBlingo »

So this is where you have all been hiding. Tag, you're it!!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

PapaBlingo wrote:So this is where you have all been hiding. Tag, you're it!!
We've not been hiding, we've been advertising everywhere!
:P

Welcome aboard our new vessel, Blingo.
Roy42

Post by Roy42 »

Well, you advertised everywhere but on the old forum, if I recall correctly.