The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
HaloFandango

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by HaloFandango »

Eterno wrote: May 18th, 2021, 11:59 pm
HaloFandango wrote: May 14th, 2021, 2:54 am Hi Eterno and welcome to the community, I hope you enjoy your time here!

I'm an Xbox fan too, what are you playing at the moment? I'm currently enjoying Apex Legends and Warframe on the Box!

Nice to meet another expat in Japan, which prefecture are you living in if you don't mind me asking? I'm currently based in Tochigi :lol:
Hi Halo and thanks! Really appreciate the lack of drama here and the respectful exchange of opinions.

I recently started the Division 2 on the box, also going through the DLCs of Immortals: Fenyx Rising and logging in Avengers when a fun event is on. I'll drop my gamertag in the dedicated topic.

I used to be in Tokyo for 10 years or so but have been in Fukuoka for a year and half now. Tochigi is quite remote!
Yeah, Cane and Rinse is one of those rare places where people can have a conversation with each other and actually disagree on topics without things getting nasty! 8-)

You'll have to let Jay (one of the main guys at Cane and Rinse) know in that case, as he is a huge Division 2 fan (he does play on Playstation, but I'm sure he can give you plenty of tips and tricks).

Oh, fantastic! Fukuoka was a lovely place when I visited a few years ago! Dazaifu shrine was incredible, very atmospheric (when it isn't too crowded) :) Tochigi is certainly remote, but if you love shimotsukare, we're good at making that. ;)

Cornelius_Smiff

Post by Cornelius_Smiff »

Hey, Smiffy (or Neil or Cornelius or, well whatever you can fathom to tag me as).

Long time listener and sporadic contributor (thanks for reading out my PS2 opinions Leon). I am an avid listener and often feel inspired by the shows whether it be the main line pods or the monthly exclusives. I am an aspiring podcaster in as much as I like to gather a few friends, pick a subject and have at it with an evening of opinionated babble.

Of the machines I actually owned or had in my household - C64 was the start, Mega Drive, Amiga (Still my fav), Master System, PS1, PS2, PS3, Xbox 360... I did own every console in the following generations but got rid or sold shortly after. Notable mentions to my Switch, which was the only platform I was genuinely heartbroken to part with but had no choice due to financial crisis. The latter listing of consoles and my apathy with them (although played some blinders) is mainly down to me mainlining PC as my primary platform since about 2010 onwards, but have always been a PC fan.

Massive fan of the show and in particular the passion you all seem to bring. I dont care how much I might disagree with your opinions at times, its okay. If you have a passionate standpoint, it's fascinating to hear why. Mostly, you all really know your onions and I have since discovered so many other avenues of content by virtue of listening to your shows. Digital Foundry, One Credit Classics and of course the brilliant team you have along with their own individual content. Have had the pleasure of playing a few batcrap crazy sessions of Sea or Thieves with Darren/Dezm0nd, quality bloke that one! Although he did abandon me to a Megalodon once if I remember correctly.

Keep it coming everyone and I have made a promise to myself to contribute more in the future.

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Welcome along!

ironedflemming

Post by ironedflemming »

Hey all,

Longtime listener, sometimes poster - mostly in the games completed thread. Only just noticed this thread so apologies for not posting earlier!

For my money Cane And Rinse is the best gaming podcast out there, insightful, funny and passionate so many thanks for the thousand of hours of quality in ear entertainment!

Been a gamer since i can remember, many a happy childhood hour spent on various platforms throughout the 90's as well as being lucky enough to pursue a career in the games industry. 50/50 PC and PS5 these days, love most genres but love me a good single player narrative adventure - blasting through the Legendary Editions of Mass Effect alongside a replay of Deus Ex HR at the moment!

ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello there!