The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
ratsoalbion
Admin

Re: New forum

Post by ratsoalbion »

That would have been useful, but also completely inappropriate.
Mr Nicey

Post by Mr Nicey »

Speaking of advertising these spam bots that got through security are really going some :P
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Cant`t seem to find it on tapatalk though!? I will have another look,
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Look for 'Cane & Rinse'. I believe 'CaneAndRinse' also finds it.
Lego Solo

Post by Lego Solo »

Yep just found it had to put the domain name in and up it popped.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Holy Macaroni Guacamole Jabroni, there's loads of familiar names on this here forum now.

Hello!
Marcface

Post by Marcface »

I'd wondered why the csn forums had died a death, then saw someone mention that C&R had their own forum now. So that's why!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Well found marcface :)
Marcface

Post by Marcface »

Yeah, the fact that the csn forum has been broken to the point where the post message/topic buttons are missing made me think something was up to. I like to think of myself as an internet sherlock holmes when it comes to these things. Sharp as a butter knife me.
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

dezm0nd wrote:Holy Macaroni Guacamole Jabroni, there's loads of familiar names on this here forum now.

Hello!
Indeed, nice to see so many turn up here. Welcome all :D
Pipsqweek

Post by Pipsqweek »

Yay, everything C&R in one place.....I like it!
HoraceGoesSkiing

Post by HoraceGoesSkiing »

Ooh, exciting new forum! :D

Nice to see some familiar names too. Hopefully this forum will take off in a way the CS forum (for whatever reason) never really did.
Dante Fireseed

Post by Dante Fireseed »

HoraceGoesSkiing wrote:Ooh, exciting new forum! :D

Nice to see some familiar names too. Hopefully this forum will take off in a way the CS forum (for whatever reason) never really did.
hey Horace, welcome. I remember you well because you would always trounce me in the Fifa league on GD :lol:
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Ha ha, exactly what i was thinking Dante.
By the way, alot of us do know each other on here but for newcomers i reckon a 'how do you thread' is in order for introductions & greetings. Not my place to do it so, get on it moderators.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

HoraceGoesSkiing wrote:Hopefully this forum will take off in a way the CS forum (for whatever reason) never really did.
Hi Horace - I think it already has! :)
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Indiana747 wrote:Ha ha, exactly what i was thinking Dante.
By the way, alot of us do know each other on here but for newcomers i reckon a 'how do you thread' is in order for introductions & greetings. Not my place to do it so, get on it moderators.
I think we'll use this thread, but we might re-name it a bit.

We absolutely do want to get people involved who were never part of the CSN, UGN, GD or DC communities. We know that the nature of the C&R podcast has attracted all sorts of new fans from around the world.
mikeleddy83

Re: The "how do you do?" thread (aka New forum)

Post by mikeleddy83 »

I'm Mike, I've been browsing about the forums since midway into the last one. I'm not usually interested in communities or forums and live in a fairly remote place so social skills aren't my strong point but I'd love to change that. I look forward to chatting with you all and hopefully manning up and getting a few online games in!

I felt like I put my neck on the line putting a thread out on the forum (something I rarely do) and I truly expected it to be buried overnight but I've been overwhelmed with the responses and thank you all for being so welcoming!

Love the look of the new forums!
PressEscToExit

Post by PressEscToExit »

Nice to meet you Mike! Sounds like we're in a similar boat - I haven't been active on an internet forum for about 10 years.

I'm Pete. Love the ethos of the podcast, everybody seems to be really passionate about games and willing to give everything a fair crack, and it looks like that carries over to the forums too. Look forward to getting to know you all :D
AndyKurosaki

Post by AndyKurosaki »

Yeah Welcome Mike and Press, nice to have you here!

I'm Andy, 32, and have spent a fair bit of time on forums since 2005 (primarily GamesTM's, but I've been on various others). I don't really have many game-playing friends at work, so I enjoy the community spirit a forum provides. Of course from time to time you get a "my format is better than yours". But a lot of members here I remember from the GD forum, and a nicer group of people you couldn't hope to meet :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Yeah, any format wars can be taken elsewhere. That is not what C&R is about. You can talk about pros and cons of machines or versions of games, but any out-and-out fanboyism will be given very short shrift here.