The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
davelawrence8

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by davelawrence8 »

Hello from Michigan! Fairly new listener here – got pulled into Breath of the Wild hard, and started to relive the old LoZs thanks to Cane and Rinse shows. It's been a lot of fun to go back to games I've enjoyed over the years. Really looking forward to the BoTW show when it comes out.

Also, I really like the style of the show. You present a nice, round-robin conversational style. Kudos to you all.

Pretty much a Nintendo guy, with Mario and Zelda titles being my go-to, but also did some early PS1/PS2 stuff and still play my PS2 games from time to time.

Thanks for having me!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Dave and welcome to the forum.
:)
CoriSowell

Post by CoriSowell »

davelawrence8 wrote: August 23rd, 2017, 8:11 pm Hello from Michigan! Fairly new listener here – got pulled into Breath of the Wild hard, and started to relive the old LoZs thanks to Cane and Rinse shows. It's been a lot of fun to go back to games I've enjoyed over the years. Really looking forward to the BoTW show when it comes out.

Also, I really like the style of the show. You present a nice, round-robin conversational style. Kudos to you all.

Pretty much a Nintendo guy, with Mario and Zelda titles being my go-to, but also did some early PS1/PS2 stuff and still play my PS2 games from time to time.

Thanks for having me!
Howdy dave!
Welcome to the forum!
I've just joined the community so I'm kinda new here either :D
Have a nice time posting here :)
Barlow

Post by Barlow »

Good morning, afternoon or evening and non binary time zone you may find yourself in.
I am Jon from Fremantle Western Australia reporting in.
Cane and rinse reinvigorated a love of gaming which was stagnating and influenced me to purchase a nintendo Switch,
Looking forward to talking games and life up in one of the first forums I have ever joined.
Squishy internet hugs and slices of cheese for all.
Must go Sega is trying to kidnap my Kangaroo for a streets of rage reboot
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Ha, what a lovely introduction!

Welcome to the world of Cane and Rinse.
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Barlow wrote: September 19th, 2017, 10:34 am Good morning, afternoon or evening and non binary time zone you may find yourself in.
I am Jon from Fremantle Western Australia reporting in.
Cane and rinse reinvigorated a love of gaming which was stagnating and influenced me to purchase a nintendo Switch,
Looking forward to talking games and life up in one of the first forums I have ever joined.
Squishy internet hugs and slices of cheese for all.
Must go Sega is trying to kidnap my Kangaroo for a streets of rage reboot
About time we got some more Australians in here! :D
Barlow

Post by Barlow »

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Glad to see I wont be the only one waking up at ungodly hours for any cane and rinse game nights Joshihatsumitsu!
I hope your internet is not the two tin can system i'm using!
Joshihatsumitsu

Post by Joshihatsumitsu »

Barlow wrote: September 20th, 2017, 7:02 am Thanks for the warm welcome guys!
Glad to see I wont be the only one waking up at ungodly hours for any cane and rinse game nights Joshihatsumitsu!
I hope your internet is not the two tin can system i'm using!
You guy's on the west coast get a two tin-can system?!? Geez... we're still on a one tin-can system on the east coast, but we do get government subsidies on the purchase of new string. ;)

For non-Australians: to understand the context of living in Australia, I highly recommend the documentary series - Mad Max.
Diginauts

Post by Diginauts »

I suppose your meant to introduce yourself here. Been following the podcast for a few months now and love the in-depth dives into various games; completely consumed all the Zelda stuff they have done. Thought the community behind this sort of content might be interesting so decided to join and say hi, soooo hi!
NuKaholic

Post by NuKaholic »

Hey everyone! I've been registered on the forum for a bit over a month now but haven't gotten around to posting much yet so I figured I would introduce myself here!
I'm a youngish guy from the United States, I play games fairly regularly but I'm somewhat of a picky gamer and the introduction of steam and it's cheap games into my life has only exasperated my bad habit of not finishing games but I finish ones that I really enjoy! I've had a pc for a couple years and recently added a Switch and PS4 to my gaming arsenal. Found the podcast a few months ago while searching for a podcast about the Dark Souls series and I've been a listener ever since! Big fan of the in depth game analysis, really like the whole Cane and Rinse crew and enjoy their opinions even when they don't align with my own. I'm very grateful that the show doesn't often go into political territory too often as political discussion has infected every single aspect of entertainment. I understand talking politics is kind of unavoidable at times but I love that this show mostly focuses on the games themselves and keeps it in a friendly place! Supporting listener of the show and I hope it goes on for another thousand episodes! Keep it up guys! It's the only thing that keeps me sane on my work commute!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

NuKaholic wrote: October 24th, 2017, 12:01 amFound the podcast a few months ago while searching for a podcast about the Dark Souls series and I've been a listener ever since!
Hello!

On the Souls podcast front, I can recommend:

Bonfireside Chat (the ultimate resource, with occasional guest appearances from C&R hosts, others mentioned below and some top tier lore hounds)
Dark Calls (more comedic, a kind of audio blind LP/commentary)
Twin Humanities (a combination of the above, especially in the first season or so, hosts featured on BSC, C&R and DGUS - below)
Don't Give Up Skeleton (very prolific, different guest every time talking about their history with the series, the host also featured on BSC)
The Dark Souls Two (defunct Aussie podcast, all about DS2, took a BSC approach, quite a lot of 'banter' at times but largely enjoyable).

There are no other good podcasts about Souls. Apologies if you already knew all these, too.
NuKaholic

Post by NuKaholic »

Thank you for the other Dark Souls suggestions! I've recently played through all Soul's like games with the exception of Demon's Souls (Never had a PS3) and Bloodborne. I did recently just get a PS4 and picked up a copy of Bloodborne so I'll certainly be getting to that shortly. After getting into the Souls games I did find Bonfireside Chat (I think actually due to it being recommended in the C&R Souls episode) but I haven't heard of any of these other podcasts. Appreciate the recommendations!
Samdowned

Post by Samdowned »

Hello! I have been listening to the podcast since the start of the year and have enjoyed it so much that I felt the need to join a forum for the first time in (literal) decades. Pretty sure The Wind Waker was my first listen.
I live in the Midlands, UK, and you will be shocked to hear I have a life long love affair with video games. I think about them a lot too, hence searching out community that has actual conversations about games beyond the next and last chart topping news.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi to Sam, Nuka and Diginauts - welcome along!
Suits

Post by Suits »

Samdowned wrote: November 27th, 2017, 9:21 pm I think about them a lot too, hence searching out community that has actual conversations about games beyond the next and last chart topping news.
You've found a good place then man, there's a large variation of conversation on here, covering all aspects really.

Very wholesome.

Pitwar

Post by Pitwar »

I've been a member of the forum since the early days, but for one reason and another hadn't had the time to really post much the past couple of years. However, I plan to contribute yet again so thought it best to reintroduce myself.

My name's Pete, and I've been playing games since the C64 was a thing.

I present a weekly radio show on Puritans Radio between 6 and 8 every Sunday, called The Sunday Night Geek. I talk all things pop culture, from games to comics to movies, and also play a bunch of good (well I think it is anyway) music.

As well as that, I've just become a permanent member of the Level Clear podcast, which I know Leon has appeared on in the past.

So with the plugging out the way, I look forward to reconnecting and meeting some new fellow posters.
Simonsloth

Post by Simonsloth »

Hi I’m Simon from south east London. I’ve been listening for a while but hadn’t gotten around to posting or getting properly involved.

I tried a few times in the past to set up a games club with friends where we’d play through the same game together and meet for a beer to debrief. It didn’t last long as we could never agree on what to play.

This is a nice substitute and gives me the excuse to go back and play old favourites and discover games I missed out on.

I have my list for this year and I’m going to try and play along with a good chunk so hopefully I’ll be an active contributor.

Been playing games since the golden age of turrican and rick dangerous on the Amiga.
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

I'm not really new and I've been lurking around for the last year or two but I'll introduce myself. My name is Aaron, or Arry. I was once an active community member and very occasional contributor of written content for CAR.

I took a break to due mental health issues (stress, anxiety and depression mainly) and then due to family issues (my dad become significantly unwell, then my wife and then my dad and so on). Over the last two years, I have attempted to come back a few times but it wasn't meant to be. I am now attempting again!

For those that don't know, I am a gaming enthusiast like many of you who doesn't discriminate against platform, genre or playstyle and it's all about the passion of gaming for me.

Nice to meet all the new folks and nice to see the old folks again.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hey Arry! Great to have you back!
arry_g

Post by arry_g »

ratsoalbion wrote: April 18th, 2018, 6:45 pm Hey Arry! Great to have you back!