The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
JaySevenZero
Admin

Re: The "Introduce yourself" thread

Post by JaySevenZero »

Welcome folks, I'm kinda curious how people came by our podcast? Was it word of mouth, itunes or that Vice.com article a while back?
Flabyo

Post by Flabyo »

I rolled over from Alex Shaw's cast 'School of Movies' (I think it was still in it's Digital Gonzo incarnation at that point), you guys guest on there a fair bit and your plug for this one sounded interesting...
gallo_pinto

Post by gallo_pinto »

I found you guys through that Vice article. I spent a couple months listening to the backlog and then joined the forum.
MauricioMM

Post by MauricioMM »

ratsoalbion wrote:Hello there, thanks for signing up and joining in!
Costa Rica eh? I love the fact that we have listeners all around the globe.
:)
Thank you, Leon. And yeah, it’s always cool to be a part of online communities as cosmopolitan as this forum :)

gallo_pinto wrote:1. Welcome to the forum man!

2. That is a beautiful list of games right there.

3. Yay! A neighbor! (sort of). It's good to have another person representing Central America :D
Thank you very much, neighbor. Or should I say: pura vida, vecino del norte :) I’m glad to see another Central American in this place, the internet is such a small world.

JaySevenZero wrote:Welcome folks, I'm kinda curious how people came by our podcast? Was it word of mouth, itunes or that Vice.com article a while back?
Thanks for the welcome. I saw that Vice article but I think that by that time I was already familiar with the podcast. Unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I discovered Cane and Rinse.

(By the way, I must correct myself: in my previous comment I said that I joined the forum a while ago, but in reality what I meant was that until recently I used to check the forum in an anonymous manner, but it was until April this year that I decided to register and participate. My bad.)
Jusifer

Post by Jusifer »

also the vice article. was looking for some gaming related podcast to listen to while driving at work and after scouring through what Google found for me, trying out a whole lot of different gaming podcasts I found the best one, you! all thanks to that article.
Scrustle

Post by Scrustle »

Flabyo wrote:I rolled over from Alex Shaw's cast 'School of Movies' (I think it was still in it's Digital Gonzo incarnation at that point), you guys guest on there a fair bit and your plug for this one sounded interesting...
I actually had a similar path towards C&R. I'm not 100% sure if this is the exact sequence of events, but it was so long ago it's hard to remember. I first heard about C&R through the Digital Gonzo episodes on the Avatar:TLA series they did. I think that may have even been the first Digital Gonzo thing I ever listened to as well, being pointed towards those episodes in particular because one of the people from Extra Credits was on those shows too.
DrRichardHead

Allow Myself to introduce.....myself.....

Post by DrRichardHead »

Hello Forum!!!

Im new to Cane and Rinse Podcast/Forum. I've been looking for a venue to sort of take root, where I can talk to interesting people about the video games industry.
I'm 27yrs old, from the US, Married, Soon to be a father. My Favorite game is Final Fantasy Tactics and ive been playing games for my entire life. The only current gen console i own is an XBOX One, however if a Sucker Punch designed Spiderman game is announced at E3 as a PS4 Exclusive the i'll buy one of them as well. I try my best to keep political & social topics out of gaming as much as possible but some time it's necessity.

Well thats a quick summary of me if you have any questions please feel free to ask, keep an eye out for some of my posts!

Thanks Everyone
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello Dr Richard - welcome along!
blueallday

Post by blueallday »

Hello C&R community!

I discovered the C&R podcasts on twitter. I can't remember who tweeted about it, but they provided a link to the discussion on The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (my favorite game of all time) and I enjoyed it very much. After binge-listening to many C&R and Sound of Play podcasts, I decided to do something I've never done: join a forum. I appreciate the hard work and the criticism that goes into each episode of C&R as the hosts unpack some of my favorite games. I've been a gamer for the greater part of my 33 years, and will never forget when our family got an NES in 1988. Before then, games were something my older siblings did. I would sit and watch them play sports games on Commodore 64, but the games they played were a bit complicated for me at the time. But - the NES was something that completely clicked for me. Super Mario Bros and The Legend of Zelda were colorful and different. I couldn't get enough, and still can't.

I'll pop in from time to time to give my thoughts on the games I've played, and, work permitting, I'll choose a couple to play along as well. I've been meaning to hop on here for weeks, but a busy schedule and adulthood had other plans for me. I'm sad to have just missed the cutoff to contribute thoughts for Ni No Kuni and some of the Zelda games. I'll contribute to those threads nonetheless.

I'm especially enjoying Sound of Play. I'm always scouring for good soundtracks of both film and games. In fact, some of my friends and I get together every few months to share all the latest scores we've discovered. This podcast will give me plenty to share - there's always something crowd pleasing, something off-color, something unexpected, and something from gaming's past that I get to enjoy every week.

Thanks again for everything! I love the shows!
Alex79

Post by Alex79 »

Hello!
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

blueallday wrote:Thanks again for everything! I love the shows!
Thanks blue!

And thanks for taking the time to join in on our forum too! :D
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hello and welcome!
Stanshall

Post by Stanshall »

Hi, I'm fairly new to the forum, 35, been gaming on and off since I was about 5 yrs old on the but over the past few years, I've rekindled my love for games and the medium in a new way and C&R perfectly matches my sensibilities, curiosity and passion. I've been listening to the podcast for about a year now. I first heard C&R mentioned on Twin Humanities which I found through (the long defunct and sadly missed) The Dark Souls Two, the first podcast I ever listened to. I then asked for some recommendations on another forum and C&R came up again, so I took the plunge. I downloaded about a dozen podcasts (SMB series, TLOU, MGS series, thatgamecompany episode, plus Demon's and Dark Souls) to take on my honeymoon because it was a twelve hour flight. Sure enough, I got wrapped up in the format and quality of discussion and it's become a staple on Sunday evenings. I tend to wait for my wife to fall asleep and then go and listen in the spare room. It's unfaithful in a way but what she doesn't know, etc. Joke. Glad to be aboard, and really enjoying the current Zelda series. Looking forward to Twilight Princess as it was one that got me properly back into games, despite its quirks.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hey, welcome along. Thanks for listening and for joining the community.
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Hi all, just discovered this website through the fantastic Cane and Rinse podcast and thought I would join this community. I find far too many gaming communities overrun with toxicity that this place is a pleasant surprise, no nastiness to be fond anywhere which is quite refreshing! The podcast is one of my favourites to listen to while at work and fills a niche not many gaming podcasts fill, almost like a Radio 4 discussion going through the history, characters, story, gameplay and cultural impact of a particular title, really fascinating stuff.

As for myself, my first exposure to videogames was my older brother's commodore 64. People who complain about the loading times of the original PlayStation don't know how good they had it! We would often go outside for a quick game of football while we waited for the games to load so at least we got some exercise! Played a lot of mega drive at my cousin's, the sonic series and the original streets of rage being big favourites. My first actual console of my own was an N64 which I had a lot of fond memories of including Lylat Wars, Ocarina, Mario Kart 64 and Rare's fantastic collection of classics for that system. From then I have been playing mostly Nintendo stuff with a bit of PS2 and PS3 mixed in. I had to move abroad for a new job so unfortunately I had to leave most of my systems behind and just have a DS lite and 3DS to keep me in the gaming loop. Hope to get a PS4 later this year as there seems to be a pretty substantial library building up there.

So that is me in a nutshell. Looking forward to being a regular here hopefully!
Jobobonobo

Post by Jobobonobo »

Oh sorry for the lack of avatar, I will get something up in the next couple of days!
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi there, thanks for joining.
ColinAlonso

Post by ColinAlonso »

Hello all!

Found out about Cane and Rinse at least a year ago now. I just searched for video game podcasts, looked at a few lists (possibly the Vice article as well) and liked the sound of the podcast and started listening to episodes from the back catalogue. Since the start of Volume 5 I've been listening to each new podcast on the bus to work on Mondays and Tuesdays and Sound of Play on Thursdays. I really enjoy the format of the show and and find that even the podcasts for games I haven't considered playing are interesting and entertaining.

I started gaming when I was 6 and my older brother, then 8 got a Mega Drive. Since then I stuck to Sony consoles with a smattering of Nintendo games, usually on handhelds, and some PC games. My first own console was actually a Game Boy Colour at the height of the Pokemon craze and the only current gen consoles I own are the Vita and the older model 3DS XL that I got on offer recently, but I will also soon get a PS4 ahead of The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Hi Colin, welcome along to the forum and thanks for listening.
JaySevenZero
Admin

Post by JaySevenZero »

Hello to those recent new members! :D