The "Introduce yourself" thread

This is the place where you can conflab about all the other stuff besides videogames
DomsBeard

Re: The "how do you do?" thread (aka New forum)

Post by DomsBeard »

Hello!.

Im Rich and I'm 32. Been on a couple of forums (mainly Games TM). I have friends that play golf, play football 5 times a week but I just love videogames so I keep playing them. Only started listening to podcasts in the last 18 months so not really aware of all your priors. I'm not a Gears fan boy by the way :D .
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Just his beard? ;)
DomsBeard

Re: The

Post by DomsBeard »

dezm0nd wrote:Just his beard? ;)
Yeah just his beard! :D . I have a beard and found it bizarre that Epic decided that to show Dom was in pain after Gears 2 he grew a beard. I think the same writers worked on Lost:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCh8umffYp8[/youtube]

What am I doing when posting YouTube videos wrong?
HoraceGoesSkiing

Re: New forum

Post by HoraceGoesSkiing »

ratsoalbion wrote:
HoraceGoesSkiing wrote:Hopefully this forum will take off in a way the CS forum (for whatever reason) never really did.
Hi Horace - I think it already has! :)
Good point...
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

Hi all, I'm Barry a 38 year old gamer from Cornwall. I tend to be more of a reader of forums rather than a poster but am trying to make an effort to be more social. The friendly vibe of the old Gamerdork forum got me wanting to be involved and it's great to see it carried over to hear.

I've always felt very lucky to be a gamer born in the seventies, as it given me a unique chance to see gaming develope from Pong to where we are today, and it's great to share those experiences on here with people of similar ages (and younger) who have the same passion.
HoraceGoesSkiing

Buckled Kipper wrote:Hi all, I'm Barry a 38 year old gamer from Cornwall. I tend to be more of a reader of forums rather than a poster but am trying to make an effort to be more social. The friendly vibe of the old Gamerdork forum got me wanting to be involved and it's great to see it carried over to hear.

I've always felt very lucky to be a gamer born in the seventies, as it given me a unique chance to see gaming develope from Pong to where we are today, and it's great to share those experiences on here with people of similar ages (and younger) who have the same passion.
Whereabouts in Cornwall? I'm in Plymouth...
Buckled Kipper

Post by Buckled Kipper »

HoraceGoesSkiing wrote:
Buckled Kipper wrote:Hi all, I'm Barry a 38 year old gamer from Cornwall. I tend to be more of a reader of forums rather than a poster but am trying to make an effort to be more social. The friendly vibe of the old Gamerdork forum got me wanting to be involved and it's great to see it carried over to hear.

Whereabouts in Cornwall? I'm in Plymouth...
The other end. I live in Hayle which is near St Ives.
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Lovely part of the world.
HoraceGoesSkiing

Re: New forum

Dante Fireseed wrote:
HoraceGoesSkiing wrote:Ooh, exciting new forum! :D

Nice to see some familiar names too. Hopefully this forum will take off in a way the CS forum (for whatever reason) never really did.
hey Horace, welcome. I remember you well because you would always trounce me in the Fifa league on GD :lol:
Ha, they were good times! The league was fun.

I've messaged Harbey via XBL and told him about this new forum, would be cool if he started posting. Not sure he's doing much gaming these days, mind...
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Yeah, any format wars can be taken elsewhere. That is not what C&R is about. You can talk about pros and cons of machines or versions of games, but any out-and-out fanboyism will be given very short shrift here.

Look, i've said it before and i'l say it again. The Amiga is far superior to the Atari ST. :)
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

I'l start packing my bags. Byeeeee. ;)
MblockHead

Post by MblockHead »

Hey guys, been MIA for a long while with work and a few months travelling. Back home soon so shall hopefully be around more. Cant wait for new FIFA, we shall rise again.
Nice forum btw!
Indiana747

Post by Indiana747 »

Hello Bizzle, you handsome man you. :D
NokkonWud

Post by NokkonWud »

Nice to see you MblockHead. Hope all is well.
Christoph84

Post by Christoph84 »

Hi all, just joined the forum as I heard it's where all the cool kids hang out these days.

Looks very nice!
For those who don't know me, I'm Chris, 28 from Leamington. Videogames and motorsport are my two passions in life, looking forward to discussing some sweet games with you all. Ex Gamerdork / Character Select, also on Rllmuk, for my sins.

On Twitter: @christoph_84 (gaming/general chat) or @flatin6th (for motor racing based piss-takery)
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

AhoyHoy

Finally got round to joining a C&R forum... Not that I'll probably post much (don't do forums very well!)

For those who don't know me... I'm Chris, better know as Leg, Leggy, or you bastard (dependant on how many times I've killed you in an FPS ;) ), am 23 and am gay and disabled (which I've written/podcasted about pertaining to gaming Plug! & Plug!

Er, part of the Gameburst podcast Plug!. Think that's enough pluggage ;)

Twitter is @Legoftime
ratsoalbion
Admin

Post by ratsoalbion »

Shameless!
BAN!

It's great to have you aboard, Chris. I hope you'll post often.
:D

At least that's two of our minorities quota covered off anyway. Now all we need is some women.
;)
Leg of Time

Post by Leg of Time »

ratsoalbion wrote:Shameless!
BAN!

At least that's two of our minorities quota covered off anyway. Now all we need is some women.
;)
Thanks! Will try and post but trying to make myself coherent is a bit difficult! (due to my disability). Am better on twitter due to the character limit, helps clarify.
dezm0nd

Post by dezm0nd »

Hooray, its good to see ya on here leggo!
Cress1968

Post by Cress1968 »

ratsoalbion wrote:Shameless!
BAN!

;)
pilgrim wears a skirt on a weekend does that count for the women quota? ;)